Patrick Stewart experience

lone gunman

Shame that it wasn't publicised ahead of the show that Mr Stewart would only be signing for a few hours on Sunday.

Despite arriving at 7am with a paid-for entry ticket, and heading directly for his VQ ticket distribution area once the doors had opened, I still ended up with VQ ticket 241. I saw VQ tickets above 1000 being handed out - with so many people and so little time, I felt like I'd been herded through and the signatures I received reflected this. Card on the left was signed at stage door in unrushed fashion - card on the right was signed today at LFACC.

pstewartautos.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been waiting to hear about this - given his incredible demand and notoriety for supposed grumpyness :YAHOO:

How was he in mood?

I'd love to be able to tell you, but despite using early bird at 10.45am, going straight to Patrick's queue and being stunned at being given virtual queue tickets 889 and 890, I wasn't fortunate enough to get to see him. The virtual queue topped out at seven hundred and something before being officially closed, at which point Patrick pulled his baseball cap down over his eyes, and hot footed it out in front of a very subdued and very disappointed crowd.

I wish I'd known he was only going to be signing for 3 hours, which actually turned out to be two and a bit hours because he was late.

The guy managing the queue told us that in the lead up to the event, Patrick had given a choice of either 1200 signatures or 3 hours of signing time. They wanted to opt for 1200 signatures which explains the high number of virtual queue tickets given out, but when he arrived this morning he told them that 1200 signatures was no longer an option, and instead he would be leaving at 2pm to catch a plane at Heathrow at 3.10pm.

I've been working on a TNG crew photo for 7 years and only need Patrick to complete it, so disappointed doesn't even come close to describing my feelings right now. £18 to park the car, £20 for me and my fiancee to get in, and the one autograph I wanted I didn't even get near to. Feels like the whole Patrick Stewart signing has been a little misrepresented to me, but then thats the way it goes. Guests can cancel or leave pretty much when they feel like it and you have to take a gamble that their conscience means they'll see as many people as possible.

I wonder if any virtual queue tickets were given out prior to the event being open to the public? Only, it seems that if someone goes in at open doors and ends up with a ticket 200 plus, its perhaps not the most ethical process for paying customers if they are.

I'd love to be able to tell you, but despite using early bird at 10.45am, going straight to Patrick's queue and being stunned at being given virtual queue tickets 889 and 890

Getting in at 10.45am I’m amazed you got a VQ ticket at all. I entered at 10am when the doors opened and the stampede towards Patrick’s and the Heroes guest’s was nothing I’d experienced before, it was quite comical. I bet all the crew had to clench there cheeks a bit with all those people rushing towards them

Edited by stobbs

I'd love to be able to tell you, but despite using early bird at 10.45am, going straight to Patrick's queue and being stunned at being given virtual queue tickets 889 and 890

Getting in at 10.45am I’m amazed you got a VQ ticket at all. I entered at 10am when the doors opened and the stampede towards Patrick’s and the Heroes guest’s was nothing I’d experienced before, it was quite comical. I bet all the crew had to clench there cheeks a bit with all those people rushing towards them

I must admit that I judged it on events from the past, and that was oh so wrong! I've been to all LFACC and Collectormania MK since I discovered Collectormania 2. Never before have I seen such a crowd around one guest for so long.

Edited by BN7

I was ticket number 970, and I did not get to see him. :D

At 13:30 tickets up to 590 was being call out, so I decied to leave.

At the same time I also decided not to join the queue for Hayden Panettiere. On her board she was up to 300, and my ticket was 1085.

So I left then.

Today has been the first time I've not bought a single thing at a fair.

(Admittially I got all I wanted on the 1st, with the exception of the above autographs).

A couple of Ideas though, there could have been a Virtual queue white board at the Organizers desk, like what they use at Collectimania, it could have helped keeping people away from the areas where there the stars were signing.

There could have been some extra seating, near to were the Harry Potter's car was. I know that was out of Showmasters hands though, but it would have been nice.

i had a prepaid early bird ticket...and like a lot made a mad dash for a VT for Patrick Stewart,luckily i got number 306...in the time he was there he moved through over 650 i believe...i was very happy with my signature he also asked me what colour pen i would like has i had a black and white image of the cast...i said silver would be fine,i thanked him and he looked up at said "your welcome"...so over all i was happy with the day...

He was about as I was realistically hoping he would be, he smiled, said hello, signed the picutre and book I had quite well and said thank you when I got my stuff back. He almost looked as if he was making a consious effort not to rush but at the same time keep the thing moving.

I felt the queue was managed very well, didn't feel I was being manhandled but it was nice and efficient.

It's a difficult balance, after all its a shame so many people didn't get to see him given the rarity of him attending these things.

Well this is the second time my husband has met him and today we spent 75.00 on his signatures. He didn't look up, didn't acknowledge anyone in the queue, just signed and pushed things on. There were absolutely no photos, not even just walking down the queue. This is the 2nd and last time we would ever go to see him. It ruins the experience after such a good day with all other guests. The no photos at all is unfair, I can understand no posed photos but if you are just in the queue waiting, why can't you take a photo. It was rushed and uncomfortable and very disappointing.

Edited by laulau

I was lucky and a nice person gave me a vt ticket they didn't want, he signed my Star Trek poster looked and me, I said thank you and he said you're welcome, I am very happy with that. The queue was nuts for Patrick and the Heros people, with guests like this maybe the VT's should be given out when people are outside and save a rush.

I wonder if any virtual queue tickets were given out prior to the event being open to the public? Only, it seems that if someone goes in at open doors and ends up with a ticket 200 plus, its perhaps not the most ethical process for paying customers if they are.

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed. Patrick was always going to be a hugely popular guest and I arrived at 6.20am to be about 20th in the queue. Some people had been there since before 4am!

I got in as soon as the doors opened and headed straight for Patrick's VQ guy. I was lucky enough to get ticket number 48.

To me, Patrick got the mix right. He was signing very quickly (so he could see as many people as possible), yet was polite, courteous and made eye contact with pretty much everyone (while I was there).

It's sad that he would only do such a short space of time, but even if he'd stayed all day, I suspect some people would have been unlucky.

It was as expected for me. Rushed, but of course it would be. I was number 380 and /i met him at about 1.15, and he left around 2... although there was a dead ringer for him walking around after!

I said it was great to meet him again, and I said I asked him a qn at the last show, and he asked me what his answer was... i told him, and said thanks afterwards. My only meh was I held out my hand to shake, as I always do, he was looking down, and my hand was waved away and told no, which was odd.

Thought i better throw some positivity on this thread. Myself and my missus got there at 6am this morning to start queueing as we wanted ALL heroes guests each and patrick stewart each. I am currently suffering with terrible pain in my legs and so when the doors opened and everyone ran, i hobbled my way down the concourse. I managed to get ticket 124 for patrick and all my heroes were less than 150 ticket numbers. I was very lucky and

Patrick was lovely, considering the amount of pressure he was put under by the thousands upon thousands of people waiting, i felt that he was signing at top speed while saying hello to everyone. Pleasent and efficient, what a guy!

A stand up guy all round and a much better experience than I had ever expected judging by the amount of people who wanted to meet him. It is always unfortunate when people cant meet the guests they set out to meet, however, as Patrick is not really known for his con attendances (e.g he doesnt do many!) 3 hours was way better than him cancelling first thing sunday morning!

Total number of people attending today was crazy, but nothing unusual when you consider the popularity of the guests there. I felt the crew did as well as they could under the circumstances and at least when I was there, everyone was really cheerful and polite, thats crew, stars and the public!

It was as expected for me. Rushed, but of course it would be. I was number 380 and /i met him at about 1.15, and he left around 2... although there was a dead ringer for him walking around after!

I said it was great to meet him again, and I said I asked him a qn at the last show, and he asked me what his answer was... i told him, and said thanks afterwards. My only meh was I held out my hand to shake, as I always do, he was looking down, and my hand was waved away and told no, which was odd.

it wasn't odd...he just didn't have time to shake hands...he did say sorry to the guy in front of me...its just he already had my thing to sign and was doing his best to keep the flow moving!

Speaking as one of the crew who was handing out Heroes VTs I most certainly did not clench my cheeks! Maybe cos I'm not exactly a small guy and I'm well used to far larger crowds than that at football matches :(

Can't speak for the rest though...

I decided in the end to get Patricks autograph (even though I already have his auto on a 10x8) on a video box I have which now has 11 autos on it.

I can't see why they didn't limit the number of autogrphs people could get, with him, to say 1, 2, or 3. I saw someone in the que getting 5, and he was with another lady who got another 3 I think so that was 8 altogether. If people like them were limited then it might have sped things up a bit and meant that more people could see him.

I know it would mean that some people would have to think hard about what to get signed and what not to get signed, but my friend had number 771 or something and I don't think she got through. She has seen him before and got autos on her group stuff etc but she was rushed last time and never really remebers much about getting stuff signed by him, this time she was hoping the get a 10x8 and just to get a chance to say hello to him.

He was nice when I saw him, I said I really enjoyed him in Christmas Carol, and he said thank you, and I said about going to see the next play he's in and he was like oh thanks.

All they really needed was an extra barrier going right round Patrick and the heroes guests in a kinda seme circle shape and that might have stopped some of the on-lookers. People could have just gone up to the ques for the guests when there numbers were called. Well at least some sort of barrier could / should have been used to keep the public slightly furthur away from the guests;)

All in all not to bad a day for me....

:(

LLAP :huh:

The queue for the virtual tickets went right across the length of the hall. I would have thought it would be pretty obvious to the people at the back that they werent going to get to see him but they still queued anyway. I had a gold ticket but din't bother to get his auto because he wasn't personalising. have to wait for another show when he is. Did get a Hayden auto though because I was only told no personalisations after I paid the £20.

Sounds like my experience was better than most. I had a god pass so no problems queing. Asked the question on whether he was planing on doing anymore 'one man Dickens shows', and the reply was "Well, I would like to" I at least had eye contact as well!

I offered a handshake and he replied, very apologetically "Sorry, Im signing"

I can't see why they didn't limit the number of autogrphs people could get, with him, to say 1, 2, or 3. I saw someone in the que getting 5, and he was with another lady who got another 3 I think so that was 8 altogether. If people like them were limited then it might have sped things up a bit and meant that more people could see him.

It could have been though (and probably was) that these people were getting autographs for other people (maybe in the USA) who could not attend the convention. I know there are people who do that and I've done it myself occasionally....

I got up at 05:00 to travel from Milton Keynes. I hooked up with my brother and we got to Earls Court around 07:30. We joined the early bird queue for paying on the day and were quite near the front. At 10:00 we rushed through and managed to get tickets 138 and 139. As expected the signing was brief but a short conversation was possible and he was very polite. I was happy that we managed to see him and that he was value for money given his status. I consider myself lucky that we were able to get there at a fairly early time, having not prepaid, and still managed to get a low number. Generally I thought the queue in front of Patrick was a bit of a shambles (in fact this was the case for the Heroes guests too) but other than that I was happy with my experience.

Don't know about Patrick,but i heard some of the very first people to be handed tickets for Hayden,were given out from #100 !

This was the first time we had seen people running to get tickets to meet the guests from Heroes & Patrick Stewart, we were lucky & saw all of them.

Before Patrick started signing, he looked up said hello to my daughter & asked us if she was enjoying her day at Earls Court.. Once he signed our three items to which we thanked him & he said "Your welcome".

It was nice to see he was able to speak (very) briefly to people & for us made meeting him worth while.