Sunday

jamesuk82

I was on my own at the very first show. The good thing about being on your own is you you don't have to wait for everyone while one person is looking at comics and another is whining about wanting their lunch and you are desperate to get an autograph and be in front of the queue.

The usual conversation is:

Me: "Let's get there really early and be at the front of the queue. Let's get autogrpahs first and then buy stuff after"

Brother: "Let's get there after 11 when it's cheaper"

Other brother: "Let's eat in a cafe on the way and waste more time"

Etc, etc.

:D

It's Sunday!

Okay in retrospect, my thoughts about the show.

It seemed that showmasters was/were completely unprepared for the onslaught they'd be receiving for the Heroes fans. Hayden got through 200 autographs in five hours before having to turn into a speed freak to get through them. It seems to me that a lot more people would be happy if a member of staff could've given them a gentle poke at the start to go a little faster.

The organisation of the Heroes area was also poor, probably for a similar reason. The current numbers were written in miniscule writing on a small piece of paper below head level that you can only see if you're very close to the front, which defeats the object of keeping the place clear. It would've been more helpful if there was some kind of tannoy or a board further to the back with numbers on, because I could neither see nor here the announcements without battling my way to the front of the queue then leaving again.

Then the photoshoot area was a little poorly organised too. Maybe there weren't enough staff which I would completely sympathise with, but my friend was half way through the extremely long Hayden Panettiere queue (from the back!) before I actually managed to hand my bag in.

That negativity aside, I had a great day (really, LOL). The Heroes guests I saw were nothing but sweet - if stressed - they looked great, I got everything I wanted, and I had a nice time browsing the stalls too. All in all I'm a happy (if exhausted) bunny.

Thank you!

I hadn't really planned to come to this convention untill a couple of weeks ago so I didn't realise how much hype there was about the Heroes guests OR that they were only signing on Sunday.

It was insane when I first got in, and I got early bird but walked through the doors about 10:10am by the time I paid. I couldn't make sense of where anything was! There were huge ques for Heroes and I think maybe a better queing area could've been arranged (and some signposts)

The venue was ridiculously dark, although it was nice and spacious and the location is convienient for me personally. Even some stand-alone powerful lamps would've really made a difference, but SM's couldn't have anticipated this.

The guests were fine for me, I was only really there for Dominic Monaghon and I was at the front of the que for the photo with him which was great. The free talks were far too quiet, the questions AND the answers especially if your near the back. I think they should take place in a seperate room to cut out the other sounds.

Nonetheless I have a nice day, I thought the atmosphere was buzzing, especially at the beginning when everyone made a dash for the Heroes section and I'll look forward to the next convention:)

Yeah, talking about it with people in the queue for the Adrian and Milo photo shoot it seemed like Showmasters didn't expect the Heroes fans to turn out in force. I got to Earls Court early because I wanted to meet all the Heroes guys. When the doors opened I ended up running to get to the VT tickets, I got low hundreds for all the guests I wanted to meet and then ended up buying tickets to the photoshoots.

But there so many people wanting to get to meet the Heroes guys. My mate managed to be in the first ten people to meet Patrick Stewart. A lot of people were upset at finding out that he was only signing till 2, especially those with VT in the 800's. While Adrian, Milo and Jack seemed to be going at a good speed, Hayden took her time.

And queing at the photo shoots were ridicious, the snaking queue confused many first time convention goers, although Hayden was very friendly when I got to meet her. I got through the queues for Adrian, Jack and Milo pretty quickly too, top marks for the girl on the Adrian line who kept things going. All the guests were friendly and cool.

The queue for Hayden was more over the top, the line didn't really seem to move, and a lot of people whose numbers hadn't been called were stood infront of Hayden's line getting in the way. There were also times when there were two or even three queues separative in different directions. I got to the front of the line and Hayden was cool.

After the mess with the Hayden photoshoot I got to the Milo and Adrian shoot in plenty of time. Again the queue snaked back a bunch and at times seemed like a mess. But the queue moved pretty quickly. All in all it was a good day, I got all the autographs I wanted and met some cool people.

US Heroes fans certainly came out in Force. I think nobody knew the Heroes would be sooo busy.

Jesus was Hayden taking her time. The guys werearound the 450 mark while Hayden was plodding along at 200 before getting the poke to go faster

I'm not sure but was this Haydens first signing event. I'm sure she will be faster onces she has done a few more of these events.

:D

LLAP :borg:

Hi, well I've lingered on this forum for a couple of years, and been to a few Showmasters conventions now (I think this was my fourth), and I have to say today was manic! So manic in fact that it has actually encouraged me to post for the first time.

I have to agree with some posters above that Showmasters didn't quite anticipate the level of public interest there would probably be with the Heroes Guests and Patrick Stewart. In all the cons I've been to, I don't think I have ever had to run so fast just to get a virtual ticket, and face a virtual stampede just to make it there!

I must admit, it made it quite memorable, and luckily getting in at 10:10 (after waiting since 7:20!) ensured that I at least got virtual tickets for all the Heroes cast and Patrick with autographs successfully acquired, but it was kinda scary as well!

I wish I had videoed my running towards the signing area because I'm sure it would have made for a comical clip on my You Tube account, and probably some great publicity for this whole Heroes world tour thing too.

Personally I had a couple of bug bears about the show overall, but I think I might post those in another thread as this is the Sunday thread. So in regards to Sunday I would sum it up as memorable, exhausting, surreal and crazy all rolled in to one.

Hayden has done a few signings before. 1 was in florida this past January. I guess we have to remember that it's not exactly exciting to sit behind a desk signing for hours on end.

I over heard some people who asked to be que jumped for Hayden as they had flown in from another country but didn't get to the event until lunch time and was given a hayden ticket of around 1100. They were gutted when they were told 'No'

This is just comical reading..

Hayden (just 18) gets berated (would say slagged off but a bit harsh) for taking her time, yet on the same board, Patrick Stewart gets done in for going too fast!

Next we have comparisons with the heaving mass of female stalkers at the Colectormania that featured 3 hobbits and Gollum. THAT was scary, and not just for the hundreds of little hobbits and elves lying around John Lewis for 2 days. It also includes the vampyric elves that seemed to scream their pre-teen tonsils out whenever one of them tapped on the window and Dom looked out..

I'm sure :D Hayden :gorgeous: will be back again, so don't fret, and you'll have moved on to the next cult tv show by then. I'm hoping she'll be back again, as I missed the whole thing and wanted my FHM signed..... :unsure:

Btw how were the queues for Dom? Did anyone ask how Evangeline was? :YAHOO:

tbh, at most events the tickets are oversold...

As far as sympathising with the guests go, i do have much sympathy and appreciate them taking the time out, but at the same time i remember their pay-packet and at teh end of the day it is their choice to do these events! Plus the fact that people are all over them, who wouldn't want that for a day?!

As far as "slating" goes, i think the only thing that isn't right is when the guests are moody or ignore you or whatever... again, they chose to be there and we are paying money for a biro squiggle (not that im complaining).

However, with Hayden there today, her being only a little bit older than me, it did feel weird! I was able to relate more with her situation as she's my age and it sort of made me think "she's only a girl like me" (and the rest of the teenage population...)

good day tho

And queing at the photo shoots were ridicious, the snaking queue confused many first time convention goers, although Hayden was very friendly when I got to meet her. I got through the queues for Adrian, Jack and Milo pretty quickly too, top marks for the girl on the Adrian line who kept things going. All the guests were friendly and cool.

I think it was the end of Milo and Adrian queue that I joined where we were being directed to snake around. It was my first time coming to a convention but I still understood this however, the majority of people ahead of me didn't understand the concept of a snaking queue so they were facing me and towards the back of the queue. WTF?! I didn't know it was that hard to understand!

I had a fantastic day on Sunday, I left on such a high! I wanted to meet the Heroes and I had photo tickets for Hayden and Milo and Adrian but I wanted to meet Jack and get an autograph. My aim of the day was to get Jack and Milo autographs (and maybe Hayden and Adrian if it was possible) and to get nice pictures in the photoshoot!

The first guest of the day that I met was Milo which was wonderful, although I was probably acting like an idiot! He was really nice. Then I had the Hayden photo taken which turned out nice too. I had Jack and Adrian VTs (I didn't even bother getting a Hayden one as I knew I had almost no chance!) but they were both quite high numbers... Adrian's was higher than Jack's.

Then it was the Milo and Adrian photoshoot and I was so excited! They both said hello and put their arms around me so I was happy. Then I went to check if Jack's VT numbers had gone up which they had so I got to meet him straight after.

So I was very pleased with my day and the whole weekend! All of the crew were lovely apart from one person who seemed to hate us over something which wasn't even our faults... but it did seem very stressful so I can kind of understand them getting annoyed.