its dark

kane

It was definitely too dark in there today. I had to squint to see, and couldn't make out the details on a lot of the things on the stalls.

Some stalls had even brought their own lighting in the hope of letting potential customers see what they had to offer.

It's been a long time since I've been to Earls Court, and whatever memories I have I didn't expect it to look like a poorly lit basement today.

My photos wothout the flash came out ok but my issue was around the stalls, particularly those in the middle area, im nt being funny but you could barely see where you were walking in places, thats got to be some sort of health and safety issue.........

dingy basement is a good way top describe it!

I was falling to sleep. It was very humid and I got headache from walking from the Dark parts to the lighter parts. I was BAD! really bad! never known anything like it. I was looking for a good 'merry'pic to have signed and it was hard to see what pics i was looking at.

Although my friend heard Andrea on the phone and we think it was to Earls court asking for more lights. This was at about 11am on Saturday. She was saying that she'd never had so many complaints over anything!

I got such a bad headache both days from it, along with feeling really sleepy!!! but yeah I was the same with the camera!! didnt really get 1 decent shot!! until I turned the flash on then it was brilliant - but with the flash on everything was fine!!! all the pics came out after that!! yes it was very dark in there!!!!

Another vote for being way too dark here. I'm only just kind of getting into this convention thing and today's was not a great experience from that angle. It was just unpleasant looking at the stalls in the, if I may quote, "dingy basement*. It felt kind of seedy. Most other aspects were great but the lighting was unfortunate.

Edited by Idrillia

I usually spend a fair bit of money at the events on merchandise etc, but this time I only bought 1 thing yesterday, the Supernatural Season 2 boxset (which isnt out till the 10th Sept :D). I didnt look around any stalls today and very few yesterday. I really couldn't be bothered since it was so dark and dingy and you couldnt see very well what was on offer.

I will say though, despite the darkness and the heat, I still had a wonderful time this weekend. I was one of the lucky ones who had a Gold Pass and it was worth every penny paid to not have to wait for hours for my number to come up and to be able to start at the front of the queue for the photo sessions (especially since I had 4 of them today).

Edited by jael001

Yep was very dark indeed! My cameras (proper and phone) took great pics of anything about 2ft in front of you, but anything else was dark, and the background pretty much black with the flash! Turning the flash off though I found produced brighter images, but in turn were more blurry without the flash helping the auto focus.

Not checked my camera yet, but when I went to see Nana Visitor and had a posed photo with her, she mentioned that they'd discovered over that side a particular position to stand for the best lighting. Will have to see how well it did!

Edit at half 12: Have checked my camera..total waste of time! Only one posed photo came out light and clear and that was Nana's, pretty much everything else from inside the venue is too dark or blurred. :YAHOO:

Edited by crippsy_99

This was my first time going to a convention and I didn't expect it to be so dark. It should've at least been bright enough so that camera flashes were unnecessary. I turned my flash off to get some long distance continuous shots but they mostly came out blurry. And, I had red eye for the posed shot.