its dark

kane

It was dark at first but i think my eyes must of adjusted to it all in the end! I just had trouble working out what aisle id already been down? :D

Yeah, same here. i'm used to earls court two where all the shops are in aisles. Didn't feel like a LFACC, totally different but still excellent.

It was *obscenely* dark in there.

I kept finding myself drawn to the one light area in one far corner like a moth to a flame.

For the first time ever I came away without making a single purchase (sans the two auto's I got) and a big part of that was that it's so difficult to browse with such low-level lighting.

Everything seemed to blend together, boxes upon boxes of black Star Wars Gentle Giant statues...

I do hope flash photography is permitted in that case, i know its often not and understandably so.

To anyone that took photographs today - did you require flashes and were they allowed?

(Makes you appreciate that glass roof at Milton Keynes shopping centre!)

Locutus

The lighting was awful, I couldn't believe I missed the lighting of EC2! I got a headache after a few hours from straining my eyes trying to see across to the other stalls in the dark.

Not to mention for photos is was awful, I haven't seen anything this bad in years. You couldn't take a photo without a flash, so not only did it blind the guests, but it resembled a disco!

I'd have to think hard about going again next year if the situation is the same, because I shouldn't have to strain my eyes in order to see anything. I too hardly looked at the stalls because of it. I got the one thing I was actually after (Heroes poster) and that was it. I was out of the venue by 11am, unheard of for me, I'm normally there to the end!

Edited by emmangel

I'm glad everyone else thought it was dark, I think it felt like we were in a dingy basement, it didn't seem as nice as last year, I thought the lay out was pretty bad too, there seemed to be no proper order to the stalls - I liked it last year I couldn't get lost then!