Saturday

SciFiMAD

Overall I had a great day, great guests, good selection of photos for each guest, hated the venue it was just to dark it needs to be moved into the main part of earls court 1 not the upper level or moved back to court 2.

Thanks showmasters for a great day.

I personally was disappointed especially the lighting was appalling, very disappointed that Torri Higginson cancelled at 7pm last night and frustrated that I can't go tomorrow to get 2 more I really wanted and frustrated that they didn't do today also! Overall this wasn't showmasters finest day, I know that they can do better as previous ones have proved. 4/10 I am afraid ;)

Court 1 has two levels, level 1 is bright nice and used for a lot of events had a great beer fest there two weeks ago, but for some odd reason Comic Con was in the dark upper level which was by no means small but was smaller then last years court 2 andwas not nice. Wembley was better back in the good old LFACC 1 & 2

I agree the venue was awful. The upper level looks like youre in an abandoned factory. Way too dark I agree and not great for photo taking.

I think that the upper level of Earls Court 1 is smaller than Earls Court 2 so this technically wont be the 'biggest LFACC of all' as many had predicted.

Guests cancel and it cant be helped and its mainly out of SM's control but I noticed that the e mail that was sent out about Toris cancellation was sent to me at 00:36 this morning.

but theyre often a bit classier looking these day!

Did you look over the side to the lower level of Earls Court? Its massive and bright. I was under the impression that the 'biggest lfacc yet' would be held in that space of Earls Court.

Didnt seem to be as many dealers as usual either.

If it was that many it didnt really look like that many to me but maybe its just me. :-)

i didnt know if there werent alot of dealers...or if they were just hidden away somewhere "in the labirynth"

It was a bit maze like wasnt it

I had a good day, but it was so dark in there! I felt sorry for some of dealers as you could see what they were selling! I looked over at the lower level, and it looked a whole lot brighter! Met some great guests and helpful crew members!

Tomorrow is going to be chaos with all the Heroes guests, I think it would be a better idea to hand out the virtual tickets for the autographs in the queues outside for the Heroes guests, because I think the crew are going to be overwhelmed inside. ;)

I had a good day, great selection of guests

Thought the venue could be reviewed - size and lighting ( as previously commented on by others)

Also thought there werent as many dealers and so was soon around them

Queueing for guests was good but what I saw the talk queues needed a bit more organisation maybe because it was a smaller area and so close to the other guests

obiton

I personally was disappointed especially the lighting was appalling, very disappointed that Torri Higginson cancelled at 7pm last night and frustrated that I can't go tomorrow to get 2 more I really wanted and frustrated that they didn't do today also! Overall this wasn't showmasters finest day, I know that they can do better as previous ones have proved. 4/10 I am afraid :angry:

Appreciate you're not happy, but what, if any, of the above is within SMs control? They have no control over the lighting, they can't help it if a guest cancels at 7pm the night before, and I guess it isn't their fault you can't do tomorrow either. To state that this wasn't their finest day with the reasons you give seems a tad unfair to me...

It did seem a little dark, and I was not happy with the talk I went to. I was thinking of leaving 3/4 of the way through but my fiancé said that was rude and wouldn't look good, so we stayed till the end of the talk (the trek one I might add).

We were in the back row of the first lot of seats, (gap / walk way, half way divided the seats). To say the talk was quiet was an understatement, (and that’s coming from someone who has pretty good hearing). The only question I heard more then half the answer to, was the one I asked, as the microphone was right near the front. It seems like (in my opinion) that Showmasters didn't make much of an effort where talks were concerned. (why should they suppose its not like there making money out of the talks). The talks were definitely better last year. They may be actors but you can't expect people to speak really loudly to compensate for the noise within EC1 and the rubbish mics....

I really only realised how dark it was, when I left the centre, though I did think that some of the pics we took of cars, came out a little darker then usual.

Didn't think too much of the programs though at least they made the effort to make one this time, hopefully that will improve over time ;)

Got a purple lightsaber for £49 and two autos from Louise Fletcher (who is really nice) though the selection of photos she had weren’t brilliant. 1 or 2 good ones out of 5/6 pics isn't good in my opinion. I got a sanctuary hat, and two 'me to you' bears to add to my collection, and my fiancé picked up 3 box sets of DS9 for £15 each, which wasn't bad.

Overall there are a few things that can SMs can improve on, yes its a new venue, but its not entirely new, as they have been dealing with the EC people for a few events now, other then that got most the things I wanted and left earlier then usual, so not to bad a day, just after doing 4 - 5 LFACC's you think they would have ironed out most of the kinks by now ;)

:angry:

LLAP :borg:

I could actually hear the Star Trek talk really loudly - I was standing next to the Robert Englund queue for the whole time of the talk and I heard every word crystal clear. Pity you guys sitting in there couldn't.

Anyway, I met Robert Englnd and bought a nice huge print for the Heroes cast to sign, so I'm happy! :angry:

I could actually hear the Star Trek talk really loudly - I was standing next to the Robert Englund queue for the whole time of the talk and I heard every word crystal clear. Pity you guys sitting in there couldn't.

Anyway, I met Robert Englnd and bought a nice huge print for the Heroes cast to sign, so I'm happy! :D

Well I will admit it did seem to get slightly louder towards the end of the talk, and Nana Visitor seemed to be making an effort to speak a lot louder nearer the end, which helped somewhat.

:D

LLAP :borg:

[

Appreciate you're not happy, but what, if any, of the above is within SMs control? They have no control over the lighting

surely when you book a venue you check it out for the reason you book it.

You must know you are going to need good lighting for the public to look at the stuff dealers are selling....

This isnt exactly a new venue for the show just a different hall ..... so you should know in advance what is needed ???????

Had a great day BUT...

the lighting was dreadful (as has been said many times), the existing P.A. system is far too small for events in an arena setting and the lack of audible announcements was confusing.

For some reason, today felt to me like the Sunday of a show (if you know what I mean).

I'm gutted I can't get there tomorrow for the Heroes peeps though.

i thought it was a good day, although i wasn't too happy with the venue, too dark and also very easy to get lost and confussed with. also bit disappointed with Dominic not having ANY photos what so ever! i mean i understand no posed photo's but why could people take photo's whilst waiting in the queue and when he was siging, i like to get a photo of all items being signed as prove that they did it. but over all i did have a good day. :chair:

Something that is in SM control is layout. I spent ages looking for certain dealers/celebrities and got so exasperated, I asked if they (at the information point) had a map and they did not. I ended up resorting to asking dealers where the other dealers were and doing detective work. When I had to go back to places it took me a long time to get there cos I would get lost and have to find my bearings again. I missed out getting two autos cos I could not find the place again and got fed up with wandering about in circles.

Lighting was bad up there, it felt like walking into a cave at first. Maybe that made it harder to see what you were doing and you would definately need a flash on the camera for anything to come out.

All in all the people were fantastic, thank you to the brilliant Captain Jack Sparrow, and very special thanks to the guy who saved the day by giving me batteries. (I literally bought four batteries on my way to the show and they were faulty!)

SFX, thanks for the bag to take my autos back home, I should have planned better, will post the "red" shots later today.

Robert Rankin was fantastic and I am definately going out to buy all his books as I only read the first couple a long time ago, I have a lot of catching up to do. Mrs Rankin, the job offer is still there. :chair:

Greg Hart, wonderful art and we have mutual passion for all things to do with Thin Lizzy. Will def meet up again.

Bad BBC for not releasing decent photos for the DR Who guests to use, and Shaun Dingwall was only in one shown episode when he signed a decent photo of him and Billie Piper in fathers day and gave us the heads up that he would be in upcoming eps so they`re just mean to season 3 guests. Missed out on a few cos of the ropey looking shots supplied.

Henry Davies, fantastic artist, nice laid back bloke.

Talks were missed out anyway cos I have a hearing problem so that would mean sitting at the front, which is always packed anyway.