Favourite Quotes and Speeches from TV or Film.

tj wildfire

Everyone has a favourite piece of dialogue or speech they like to quote. My brother is always using a line from his favourite film "Cool Hand Luke", "What we have here is a failure to communicate".

My favourite speech from a film is the one Kurt Russell delivers in Tombstone. "You tell them the law`s comin`, You tell them i`m coming and hell`s coming with me you hear...HELL IS COMING WITH ME!!!"

Every time i hear that speech i get goosebumps and i can NEVER quote it word perfect but who cares when it`s such a great piece of dialogue.

My favourite line from a tv show was spoken by Angela Lansbury in "Murder, She Wrote". A gun had just been found in the locker of a nurse at the hospital where Jessica was a patient and Jessica came out with a classic line.

JESSICA: She`s obviously being framed.

COP: Just calm down, first we have to establish if this is the murder weapon.

JESSICA: Well of course it`s the murder weapon, who ever heard of framing someone with the wrong gun?

Absolutely Classic.

What are your favourites? Tv and/or film it doesn`t matter.

Dear Mr. Vernon: We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. But, we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us: in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But, what we found out is that each one of us is:

a brain . . .

And an athlete . . .

And a basket case . . .

A princess . . .

And a criminal.

Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, The Breakfast Club.

~ The Breakfast Club

Choke on 'em!

~ Day of the Dead

We have such sights to show you.

~ Hellraiser

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a few from my ever increasing list of favourite quotes.

Hannibal Lecter, Silence of the Lambs ~ "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride ~ "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Gremlins, Gremlins ~ "Start spreading the news...!"

I love Bill Pullmans speech in Independence Day, the one where he rallies the troops and finishes "Today we celebrate our Independence Day!". The troops cheer, clap and salute. I only wish some of them had fired their guns in the air!

I love Bill Pullmans speech in Independence Day, the one where he rallies the troops and finishes "Today we celebrate our Independence Day!". The troops cheer, clap and salute. I only wish some of them had fired their guns in the air!
That was like the no.1 most cheesiest speech in Empire magazine!! Edited by nicky

That was like the no.1 most cheesiest speech in Empire magazine!!

GW wishes he had speeches like that!

Edited by A007

Elizabeth Bennet, Pride & Prejudice (1995) ~ "Think only of the past as it gives you pleasure."

Cordelia Chase, BtVS ~ "One day you're gonna wake up in a coma!"

Lorne, Angel ~ "Come on, gorgeous. You can stare at yourself in my grandmother's glass eye!"

The Todd, Scrubs ~ "I'd like to double her entendre!"

• 2 weeks later...

ok

you yell barracuda and people wil say uh what

you yell shark and we got a panic on our hands on the 4th july

thats not funny thats not funny at all

thats some bad hat harry

heres to swimming with bow legged women

see ya got your rubbers

"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back...

Until then, there must be no regrets, no fears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistake in mine.

Goodbye, my dear. Goodbye, Susan." - The First Doctor, The Dalek Invasion of Earth.

And that is a wonderful speech.

I can quote it off by heart, because I think it's incredible.

"What's the problem Officer? I'll tell you what the problem is. It's a little insurance policy called Directive 4. My little contribution to your pshchological profile. Any attempt to arrest a senior officer of OCP results in Shutdown. What did you think? That you were an ordinary police officer? You're our product. And we can't very well have our products turing against us, can we?"

"Hello Buddy Boy. richard Jones here. I guess you're on your knees about now, begging for your life. Hmph. Pathetic. You don't feel so cocky now, do you buddy? You know what the tradgedy is here Bob? We could've been friends, but you wouldn't go through roper channels. You went over my head. That hurt. But life goes on. It's the old story - the fight for love and glory, huh Bob? It helps if you think of it as a game Bob. Every game has a winner and a loser. I'm cashing you out Bob."

Quite possibly 2 of the greatest speeches ever made.

richard Jones (Ronny Cox)

Robocop

'Nuff said.

Reports of my assimilation have been greatly exaggerated. Captain Picard:Star Trek First Contact

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: You want to destroy the ship and run away, you coward.

Lt. Commander Worf: If you were any other man, I would kill you where you stand. First Contact

Metatron: Human beings have neither the aural nor the psychological capacity to withstand the awesome power of God's true voice. Were you to hear it, your mind would cave in and your heart would explode within your chest. We went through five Adams before we figured that one out.

Dogma

I remembered one of the all time great speeches/exchanges last night.

Baldrick and Blackadder from the final episode of series four.

B: I do have a plan sir

BL: Really Baldrick, a clever and cunning one

B: Yes sir

BL: As cunning as a fox that`s just been voted professor of cunning at oxford university

B: Yes sir

(man shouts out orders)

BL: Then whatever it is it`ll have to wait, whatever it was it had to have been better than my plan of trying to get out of here by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would notice another madman around here?

Add to that the stunning ending involving the poppy field and you have one of the greatest endings of all time.

"What's in Mexico?"

"Mexicans"

Dusk Till Dawn

Messenger "this is madness!!"

Leonadis " this IS Sparta!!" kickintoholeofdoom

Graham Chapman "I didnt expect some kind of spanish inqusition"

Micheal Palin burstingthrodoorwithloudnoise " NOOOOBODY Expects the Spanish Inqusition"