Starting a Star Trek group shot ?

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

If you start with PATRICK STEWART then there will be a good chance to get all the main cast on your photo over the next year or two in person

as we will be trying to get most of the cast back to one or the other of the shows years or so

just giving all the trekkies the heads up that this is possible

st_insurrection.jpg

see you all there :thumbup:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are going to be invaded by Trekkies lol

Hehehe!!

Well thats a lot better then hundreds of stormtroppers, which is what I'm expecting to see at LFACC this time :P

:hathor:

LLAP :thumbup:

Edited by Too Tall

Does that include Whoopi Goldberg and Wil Wheaton? I have a couple of cast shots that have both of them with the rest of the crew and I'd hate not to be able to complete either of them!

Doubt it, I've heard Wil Wheaton won't fly but would be good if he could be persuaded.

Hehehe!!

Well thats a lot better then hundreds of stormtroppers, which is what I'm expecting to see at LFACC this time :P

:hathor:

LLAP :P

Thanks for the heads up sm !

And i am hurt my both of the above comments as im a trekkie and i know the stormtroopers lol

Hehehe!!

:P

LLAP ;)

Thanks for the heads up sm !

And i am hurt my both of the above comments as im a trekkie and i know the stormtroopers lol

I take it you were joking? ;)

Unless I was a trekkie myself or new people who were I would not have put LLAP at the bottom of my post (yes I know it means Live Long and Prosper)

I can't speak for anyone else, but I was certainly not being serious and didn't mean anything by my post, its all a bit of harmless fun, and I do hope you to were only joking by your last post and didn't really take offence by what I or someone else said.

Peace and Long Life to you....

:P

LLAP ;)

I've already started my group shot, but I'd like to ask you guys at Showmasters something...

Could you please, please, please make sure that Patrick has pleanty of Silver & Gold Sharpies as well as the blac? As my cast auto is all in silver and I'd hate to have waited ages to meet him only to find he has to use a different colour!

I know that I can obtain one myself, which I'm still trying to do, but I cant find any colour other than black for 'love-nor-money'!

Thank you : )

I've already started my group shot, but I'd like to ask you guys at Showmasters something...

Could you please, please, please make sure that Patrick has pleanty of Silver & Gold Sharpies as well as the blac? As my cast auto is all in silver and I'd hate to have waited ages to meet him only to find he has to use a different colour!

I know that I can obtain one myself, which I'm still trying to do, but I cant find any colour other than black for 'love-nor-money'!

You should be able to pick them up from any High St shop that sells pens such as W H Smiths, Staples, Partners etc although looking at their websites you can get all the colours of the rainbow but Gold & Silver don't appear to be very common.

Just a heads up to the person who said WIL WHEATON won't fly ------ yes he will! he's spoken recently on his blog about the airlines losing his bag........

he wuld be a great guest, he believes the visitors should get their memories worth. He wants every single person to have a memorable moment. Reading his blog, he sounds like the conventions mean as much to him as the people that come to see him.

You should be able to pick them up from any High St shop that sells pens such as W H Smiths, Staples, Partners etc although looking at their websites you can get all the colours of the rainbow but Gold & Silver don't appear to be very common.

Gold and silver sharpies are like hens teeth this side of the Atlantic but ASDA do gold and silver markers (one of each in a pack of two) that are just as good - and a lot cheaper I bet.

Gold and silver sharpies are like hens teeth this side of the Atlantic but ASDA do gold and silver markers (one of each in a pack of two) that are just as good - and a lot cheaper I bet.

Thanks Sagart, I'll check them out.

I have tried Zaigor, but as I said, the gold & silver ones always sell out straight away.

I may try getting those ones from Asda that Sagart suggested, just as back-up incase Patrick is running low by the time I meet him. That is if I am able to meet him!?! I'm gonna be there all day just to wait for my VQ number to come up.

Im planning on getting my cast pic signed, as well as an 8x10 and if i have the funds, i want to get my First Contact dvd signed (already signed by Alice Krige, so would be cool for Pat's too).

PCM

Just a heads up to the person who said WIL WHEATON won't fly ------ yes he will! he's spoken recently on his blog about the airlines losing his bag........

he wuld be a great guest, he believes the visitors should get their memories worth. He wants every single person to have a memorable moment. Reading his blog, he sounds like the conventions mean as much to him as the people that come to see him.

#

Anything is possible... go ooon SM ;)

On that note, James Cromwell, whoopi, and alfre woodard wood be good "impossible" TNG actors too :YAHOO:

I cant decide if to start one or not..ive met most of the main cast now except Marina Sirtis, so already have 8x10's of them all.

Will be meeting Patrick again because he's a great guy and I was rushed though like cattle last time I met him, but was thinking of just getting another 8x10, this time for say X-men.

If I start a cast shot off with him though, then I will HAVE too (my own principles :YAHOO: ) obviously get the rest too, meaning will be paying a good £150-200 extra than I ever originally intended..but then the chance to get a complete cast shot and a reason to meet everyone again..hmm..oh the dilemma!

Could you please, please, please make sure that Patrick has pleanty of Silver & Gold Sharpies as well as the blac?

Sharpie stopped making the standard design gold marker several years ago. The only gold pen they now do is a calligraphic metal marker (http://www.sharpie.com/enUS/Product/Sharpie_Calligraphic_Metallic_Marker.html) - I have no idea how rare or expensive this is in the UK.

I think that I picked up a pack of black blue green and red in my local Makro a while back. And Costco were selling a pack where you got 20 black sharpies for about 6 quid, with a free silver one included.

If you do get a silver sharpie, remember to keep it upside down (that's why the tops for the silver ones don't have a pocket clip on, I guess: http://www.sharpie.com/enUS/SharpieMetallic/default.html

with this statement, I really hope there will be an 8x10 that has EVERYONE on! unfortunately I've managed to start 3 cast prints :o s1 cast shot of course and then a Nemesis wedding shot which I think has Wil Weaton on and then a random art print at LFaCC2 because Frakes was there and I'd forgotten my other 2 shots so now I'm bit miffed cause of course Frakes has been again since then so that was £35 wasted (auto and print) :wub: but was a newbie back then and now I know that guests always* come back :lol:

though tbh I long ago gave up on getting Wil and Woopi autos so I guess that's cool! :wub:

and I'm not getting a s6 shot for Diane Mulder, soweee! but think 4 or 5 group shots would REALLY be pushing it at £15/20£15 per auto!!:no:

surfy sah xx

* applies to alot of guests and is not meant to be a blanket statement :wub:

edit: Nemesis ooops :wub:

Edited by surfy_sah

Not a Trekkie myself but this is great news for Trekkies.

I've given up on cast shots as never seem to be able to complete them. There's always the one or two that got away, plus I hate it when shows change the cast for new seasons *cough* Stargate Atlantis *cough* and then you're carrying around 2 or 3 cast shots that need signing due to different cast members being on them, each costing £15/20 a time for each guest.

In saying that though, it's great that they're all likely to be here soon and there's a heads up.

I have been collecting star trek autographs for the last couple of years.

I would like to see the following turn up at future SM events;

1. Leonard Nimoy (I wish)

2. Colm Meaney

3. Wil Wheaton

4. Whopi Goldberg

5. Any one from Enterprise esp Scott Bakula

6. Any one from Voyager

7. Dwight Schultz

I'll keep my fingers crossed for some cool guests in the future!