Your Glasgow Feedback

DavidB

• Moderators

OK instead of having loads of topics everywhere, and 'discussions' getting in the way, I thought I'd make this for people who attended yesterday - and today once you've got home!

What were your Positives, Negatives, and perhaps even Suggestions For A Future Event?

Especially interested in any first-timers, as I know we had plenty this time! :lol:

OK instead of having loads of topics everywhere, and 'discussions' getting in the way, I thought I'd make this for people who attended yesterday - and today once you've got home!

What were your Positives, Negatives, and perhaps even Suggestions For A Future Event?

Especially interested in any first-timers, as I know we had plenty this time! :lol:

I was a first timer, I'm going to another show and wanted to see the kind of stalls/things that were happening.

I had an amazing time, the no. of guests for me was perfect, I spent over £100 on autos of people there alone so I couldn't really have afforded many more.

My positives were, the arena was a perfect size, plenty of seats, great crew, the talks were brilliant, stalls were really interesting, meeting mick from MSPG and the great buzz etc.

negatives, came back with a far lighter wallet, it was a bit out of the way so it wasn't easy to get to without a car (not too big a problem), I was a bit starstruck when I met JRD and Anthony Head and didn't really know what to say.

My fave guests were JRD and Katie Purvis, I felt that they both had alot of time for me.

All round great time

Colin

I had the best tme thank you so much showmasters for putting it on. I spent so much money it was unbelievable.

I especially loved the soldiers/aliens running around all day they were great entertainment especially when they went out to the shoppng center at one point.

My main reason for going to this one was to meet Anthony Head (being the Buffy geek I am) and I wasn't dissapointed. He was lovely and no I have an amazing photgraph with him.

I can't really think of any downsides.

Hi

I was only able to come along today for a few hours, but here's my feedback:

Positive

1. It was quite busy but not crushed - the atmosphere was laid back and everyone appeared to be having a good time.

2. The stalls were amazing - loads more than I expected (I spent over £100) and there were many stalls I hadn't seen before as quite a few (it appeared) came from the West of Scotland. Fans should have attend this event just for the stalls.

3. The location - plenty of seats and even though I didn't attend the talks, I could often hear them as I was moving around the arena. The layout also seemed fairly logical compared to other events I'd been to.

4. The information point (showmasters stand) was by the entrance - as soon as we arrived, we were made to feel welcome and could ask questions (at other events we had to search for information).

5. There were places to get food and these were easy to find

6. The guests that were there were brilliant and very friendly.

7. The price - I was expecting to pay £10 to enter but I arrived later and the price was only £5 and £3 for kids.

Negative

1. I know it's been mentioned elsewhere a lot, but there wasn't a huge number of guests but those in attendance were ideal.

2. Minor niggle - it appeared that all guests went for lunch at the same time so a lot of people were standing around for a bit near the signing area.

3. Another minor niggle not related to this event, but I wish Showmasters would do early bird tickets for kids - we've just forked out £30 for LFACC next week.

All in all a great event and I'm glad I attended

i had an excellent time. i only really went up for robert englund but ended up meeting paul mcgann and gareth david lloyd aswell as kenny, katie and maureen to start off my son's star wars collection, so for me im glad there were'nt any more guests cos i really could'nt afford it :dance: my only complaint is that it took so long to get to the venue, it was pretty awkward to get to if you did'nt have a car but that was a minor moan, it was definitly worth it :dance:

Edited by lynn35

I had a great time

positives

not too busy

good selection of stalls

good locations

very friendly guests :) (or flirty in JRD's case :YAHOO:)

negatives

not a great selection of guests

i spent too much money (not showmasters fault)

I giggle like a 10 yr old when i meet people (also not showmasters fault :)

xx

I had an absolutely brilliant time today. I went purely for Gareth David-Lloyd and because his table was quiet I got to talk to him for about 2 hours, which made my year :YAHOO:

The stalls were amazing, I had to really limit my spending because there was so much I wanted to buy.

All of the guests were really nice, I got pictures taken with Devon Murray, Nicholas Briggs and Kenny Baker (Devon was particularly nice and his talk was great) and John Rhys-Davies was awesome. I really hope they bring it back next year, I'll definately be going if they do.

The only problem I found was that it was difficult to get to for people who didn't have their parents dropping them off like I did :)

Edited by firefly9

Good guests. Even when John Rhys-Davies went all Pushkin on me and started wishing for the glory days of the KGB and looking forward to getting back into the Spy game.

Well done on getting Drew Galloway. Not a massive fan of Wrestling, but he was nice to talk to and I do look forward to seeing him stomping on some Americans in the not too distant future.

Not a fan of the venue though. A bit of a pain to get to if you live in my part of the city, especially on a Sunday morning.

Did love walking past everyone on Sunday morning as the were queing to buy a ticket, because of my pre-paid. A little evil pleasure, but hey, you get your fun where you can. :dance:

I have to add, that I think the entire event could quite easily have been turned into a full convention.

Not a fan of the venue though. A bit of a pain to get to if you live in my part of the city, especially on a Sunday morning.

As an out of towner who had travelled a long way to get to the venue, I thought it was excellent. Really well sign posted, easy to find, and park at and plenty of places for people to eat and sit down.

Positives

It was in Scotland....woooooo!

Braehead was excellent for the event - plenty seats, excellent location to grab some food, etc.

The guests were fantastic and so friendly to talk to.

The whole event was very well organised (I've been to some non-showmasters events where everything is 1hr late).

The staff were very pleasant (previous non-showmasters events have had very rude and abrassive staff).

Free autograph from Jimmy Vee.

Negatives

None. This event was fantastic!

Suggestions For A Future Event

Only thing I could ask for is more guests (particularly from Heroes or Torchwood).

pros -

very friendly guests(got to spend more than 2seconds with them unlike other events)

good stalls

talks were good and well layed out

cons -

the venue is too small if guest list was to increase other wise it will be crushed also difficult to get to if you dont have a car (please move back to the secc as 1st planned).

andy hallett cancelled(no ones fault just dissapointed bring him back please)