Collectormania Glasgow - on air

Hi Folks

Earlier this week in another post I mentioned that I was going to e-mail radio stations asking them to plug the event. I only e-mailed Radio Clyde (the biggest music station in the West of Scotland) and asked them to mention the event and possibly do a sketch about it.

I got an e-mail back on Wednesday from George Bowie (their morning presenter) thanking me for raising this with them and saying that they recorded a brilliant sketch.

I've just arrived in work and they have been plugging the event to death for the last hour and a half. They did a sketch where they called Showmasters pretending to be Billy Connelly. They spoke to Mark Willard (I think it was) and the sketch came off brilliantly.

All the main guests got a plug and George thanked Mark, said it sounds like a great event and loads of fun. Right now as I'm typing this they are holding competitions to win tickets on air and still plugging the event at the Braehead arena.

I'm really pleased but disappointed they never mentioned me by name (I've got the e-mail from George) - you owe me big time guys!

According to Media UK, Clyde 1 gets over 500,000 listeners every week and Clyde 1 have been brilliant in promoting the event and hyping it through the roof this morning.

I'm really hoping this gets more people interested in the event and folk turning up. I've possibly just shot myself in the foot as I'm going away for the weekend and turning up at noon on Sunday rather than earlier to get my autographs (but I don't care)

Can't wait to get there!

Steve

Edited by steevofromglasgow

Haha classic.. well done.

Wonder if i can grab the station online ...hmmm

My god they really ARE hyping it up !!>.

They just pretended to be kenny baker to a caller who called up to win tickets to the show lol

Edited by DisneyDude78

Good job Steve! I'm sure that will have got a good few folk to consider attending.

Also, I saw a half-page advert for collectormania in the entertainment part of the Daily Mail this morning.

Edited by CelticRob