HELP!

bayley88

Hey guys,

Just a quick question, me and my friend are staying over at a hotel nearby and we've booked a room til Sunday, we have to be out of room by 2pm but obviously we'll be at the convention well before then. I was just wondering if there was anywhere to put our suitcase - or is it too risky as they might get robbed :P

xx

Hey guys,

Just a quick question, me and my friend are staying over at a hotel nearby and we've booked a room til Sunday, we have to be out of room by 2pm but obviously we'll be at the convention well before then. I was just wondering if there was anywhere to put our suitcase - or is it too risky as they might get robbed :D

xx

in the convention i mean, will there be anywhere to store them?

Ahh it's crap when you don't live anywhere near London and you need somewhere 2 put ur bags

lol I know! I'll see what I'm doing when I am there... but it's really stressful to think about! :lol:

Edited by LYVIE

Ahh it's crap when you don't live anywhere near London and you need somewhere 2 put ur bags

lol I know! I'll see what I'm doing when I am there... but it's really stressful to think about! :lol:

Yea it's very stressful indeed. Me and my friend have booked the convention tickets and hotel tickets - but we still don't know how we are getting there LOL train is probably cheapest option, but when we get on the Tube i don't think people are going to appreciate our huge bags, but i'm guessing people are used to it - i don't know 'coz i've never been on the tube before - eeek.

I will be soooo happy when the Collectormania comes to Manchester in November - then i won't have to book any hotels and train will be dirt cheap B)

Yea it's very stressful indeed. Me and my friend have booked the convention tickets and hotel tickets - but we still don't know how we are getting there LOL train is probably cheapest option, but when we get on the Tube i don't think people are going to appreciate our huge bags, but i'm guessing people are used to it - i don't know 'coz i've never been on the tube before - eeek.

The Piccadilly line tube also runs all the way out to Heathrow, so there are always a few people on the tube with large bags either going to or coming from the airport. It's quite normal.

Depending on whether your hotel is close to EC (or on the way back to the mainline station you will be using), it may be worth seeing if you can leave your bags at the hotel during the Sunday after you have checked out, and then pick them up on the way home. A number of hotels that I have stayed in in different places offer such a facility, usually putting the stuff in a locked room by reception, and often tagging each bag individually. Some places may make a small charge, but in most places I have used the facility, it's free. So I would definitely try asking your hotel as one option.

I asked about a cloakroom a few days ago and Too Tall replied to say that according to the Earl's Court floor plan there is a cloakroom there on the first floor of the Entrance Hall.

Hope that helps :huh:

don't worry about bags on the tube me and my other half got the tube from heathrow to kings cross on monday with two suitcases, two back packs and a couple of other little bags and we were fine

i have noticed its a lot quieter on a monday than on a friday we were dying in the packed tube on friday but it was so quiet on monday!

I don't care about big bags on the tube - I just can't be arsed carrying a bag around LFCC all of Sunday!

It's true - people are used to big bags on the Tube, so don't worry about that. It's just the morons who forget they're carrying said big bags (or even worse, backpacks the same size as a person) and who continually barge into, or squish people, who really annoy fellow travelers!

thanks for you help everyone.

Another quick question, i'm getting the train to London Euston, how far is Earls Court from there and also what train/tube lines do i need to get from Euston to Earls Court, our hotel is on Nevern Place :) so hopefully quite near to the convention. I'm going on the Fri - hopefully it won't be too chaotic, 'coz i know Sat and Sun will, what with the tube being maintenanced or whatever.

Thanks guys/gals

xx

that is probably the best option! if you don't get off at Green Park, you'd have to change to District and Circle at Victoria and that is always a busy station as main line trains operate from there and of course it's the nearest tube stop for the 2 coach stations, so yeah Green Park!

and may I recommend that you go to the main Underground/Tube website http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modalpages/2625.aspx click "tickets" at the top bar and get yourself an OYSTER CARD which is a pre-pay top-up card which will save you loads of money on single fayres and save you queueing at that to buy tickets (which takes aaaaaaaaages at peak times!) you can top-up online and you just swipe it then when you go through the barrier rather than inserting a ticket :YAHOO:

hope this helps!

surfy sah xx

Here's a map of the Tube: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/colourmap.gif

Euston's not too far - at a quick glance it looks like your best bet is to get the Victoria Line to Green Park, then the Piccadilly Line to Earls Court but someone more familiar with the area may know better.

Yes, you're right. There are two basic routes, one for minimum walking and one for those who don't want to change tube lines en route.

The minimal walking route is as fray 101 describes: get the Victoria line (shown in mid/light blue) southbound to Green Park, then change trains at Green Park to the Piccadilly line (dark blue) westbound to Earl's Court.

If you think changing tube lines might be a bit scary, the from Euston station walk to Kings Cross station (It's less than half a mile, in a straight line, and well signposted, and from Kings Cross just catch a Piccadilly line westbound to Earl's Court.

Much as I describe the "changing at Green Park" route as being "minimal walking", it is quite a lengthy walk there when you're changing lines, and there are, I think, several sets of stairs involved, some without escalators. So if you have bulky or awkward luggage, it may be easier just to walk from Euston to Kings Cross (which is a flat walk, no stairs involved) and take the Piccadilly line all the way. On the flipside, the other thing is the weather; if it's chucking it down with rain at Euston, obviously you'll get wet walking to King's Cross, whereas if you take the route that involves changing at Green Park, you're undercover all the way until Earl's Court.

Edited by TommyT

Wow this is all very daunting, i'm definately going to take into account all the options :)

I would love to go to Kings Cross Station, just so i can stand between platforms 9 and 10 - LAME LOL

Anyways thanks everyone for your help, my journey will be a lot better now :)

Wow this is all very daunting, i'm definately going to take into account all the options :)

I would love to go to Kings Cross Station, just so i can stand between platforms 9 and 10 - LAME LOL

Anyways thanks everyone for your help, my journey will be a lot better now :)

you should go to kings cross and head towards platform 9 (i think) they have half a trolley cut up stuck to the wall with a sign saying "platform 9 and 3/4" it looks really good my mam took a photo of me pretending to push the trolley a couple of years ago hehe