The MASSIVE EVENTS website

dufresne

What would you like them to be ? What do you think they WILL be ?

Smart money is on Harry Potter, but what else ? Stargate ? Star Wars ?? STar TREK ???

Which fandom would you like to see get it's own chilled out, three days in a hotel type con ? Don't turn this in to a guests thread, but which sho / film(s) or fanbase would you like to see MASSIVE catering for ?

• Moderators

I think they'd do well to cover things that haven't been covered before - which they are doing so far with Heroes and Lost!

Buffy/Angel/Firefly have been well covered, as have Stargate and BSG. Star Wars/Trek have enough at regular signing events. LOTR already has another show.

So I'll agree with the Harry Potter one, maybe more comfortable for a main cast member, and add in a CSI one too - a big current show with very little signing appearances over here.

I would LIKE and THINK it to be a Harry Potter one. Potter has a huge fandom (including me) and has never had its own convention (one is coming soon in Northern Ireland). It is easy to get guests, as most are living in Britain.

Don't think it will be Trek or Wars - as both have had more than enough guests at conventions in the UK.

Going with Heroes and Lost, it will be something of the newer generation, most likely. So what can we have, Prison Break would be good guess. Other than that, maybe Charmed, Smallville, Supernatural, battlestar Galactica.

24 - an awful lot of the 'main' cast arent even in the latest series so wouldnt be filming the series. its probably classed as a new era programme in the same category as Lost and Heroes I would say. Its also terribly popular all over the world and does have a movie in the pipeline.

Could you imagine Kiefer Sutherland staying over with us all though in the hotel? :P

Harry Potter - Its huge. Worldwide. The demand is there. I think its just a matter of time til this event happens....

would love a buffy/angel one but going for newer shows would love a bones or grey's anatomy both havent had any signings/cons over here yet.

grey's anatomy one would be amazing the main cast alone would take a few cons to get through, i dont understand the harry potter one though alot of the cast already have done lots of signings and often appear in the line up for new shows anyway.

Edited by killerinc

I'll add the comment for Harry Potter, it seems most likely.

For the other...they seem to be going with current franchises (rather than cancelled).

And things like BSG, Prison Break, Stargate have been covered by other organisers so unless SM/ME could get really good guests it seems unlikely.

I am giving good odds for Prison Break

Here are onces that I am hoping for

NCIS/JAG

The Shield

Boston Legal

Who knows, all i know is that I am very pleased that there is a good organised company now running CONVENTIONS here in the UK as i feel others are a bit lacking.

At the moment, I think harry potter is a good choice, CSI/NCIS would be my preferable choice. I'd go to a one-off eureka convention if one existed.

Give it a couple of years and I'm sure when the star wars tv series comes out an event around that will be a winner.

Maybe it doesn't need to be based around a show but a subject so that it could incorprate more shows?

For example a crime one could include bones CSI Law and Order, and a Medical con, could involve Greys Anatomy, Holby City, Casualty, E.R. and there are loads more.

;)

LLAP :borg:

Maybe it doesn't need to be based around a show but a subject so that it could incorprate more shows?

For example a crime one could include bones CSI Law and Order, and a Medical con, could involve Greys Anatomy, Holby City, Casualty, E.R. and there are loads more.

:D

LLAP :YAHOO:

that would solve a lot of problems of which show to choose

• 3 weeks later...

'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!'Arry Potter!!!

Harry Potter anybody? :YAHOO::poki:

I agree with CELTIC ROB that a CSI/NCIS convention would be PERFECT, the only thing that could improve on that in my eyes would be to add BONES in! :wub::wub::wub:

ja, suggested the "themed" convention ie: Crime Con / Medical Con before in the pinned voting convention topic thingy :thumbup: of course my vote goes to Crime, though I do love House and Grey's Anatomy! :smile:

I will repeat my HP comment from the pinned thread, yes Harry Potter IS very popular and has a huge fandom no doubt, the problem is that the HP guests are circuit now pretty much (apart from the odd new one, ie LFaCC) and unless SM were able to sign some of the non-teenage guests (ie some of the proffessors/other wizards) there really isn't going to be anything different from meeting them at a signing event and it has already been discussed whether the (and not to sound stereotypical) predominently teenage/younger generation fanbase that usually meet the HP guests would be able to afford the typical £80 for the convention ticket not to mention food and travel and the typical £70 a night for a hotel room (no cheap TL or TI prices normally :() I am by no means anti-HP, I would LOVE to meet Maggie Smith and Gary Oldman and of course Alan Rickman and also Julie Walters cause she and Mark Williams just rock! I just don't don't think it's very realistic a dream :uhoh: (not because SM couldn't get them but because they probably don't do signings/conventions :pyth: )

surfy sah xx