New guest will be announced soon

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I'm being as patient as I possibly can, but I think we all need, and deserve some news! I really want this event to go ahead, but if it isn't I would rather know asap so I can make arrangements to attend another show in Germany instead. I can't afford both as we are saving to go to NZ next year, so I need to make a choice.

I bought two silver tickets as soon as they were released in February -£300 that Showmasters have had of mine since then, and I am disapointed in the lack of info that has been given since then. There is only 10 weeks until the event, and I would like some answers!

I have never attended a Showmasters event before (but I did attend both TFF's and another show last year) and I am afraid that this is not shaping up to be a great introduction to Showmasters events. I am hoping that they will release some info soon so we can all breathe a sigh of relief!

I think a lot of people are wanting news so they can make a decision on another show UK or another show Germany. I think it's a little unfair on the organisers, both Showmasters and the another show people, to keep us hanging like this.

I have just visited the another show Germany website, where they have declared that they have had very little ticket sales in the last two months, so now are introducing guests from other films, namely PotC! That is great that they are expanding, but I do wonder if they are experiencing less ticket sales because we are all holding on to find out if another show is actually going to happen over here.

They are also offering more bi-lingual events to open more up to those visiting from the UK. Possibly to tempt us over there to the German event? I don't know, but I am beginning to wish that I wasn't so hasty to buy tickets so I would have more options now...

well i bought tickets..because i planned on being in ireland (easy to pop over) for the year..but theres been a family emergency and i have to go back home.

i wrote showmasters but they never wrote back...so i cant get rid fo the tickets because theyre not maild out for 2 weeks and showmasters wont write me back to see what i should do.

I really dont knwo waht to do.

I'm trying hard to stay positive about this event, and about the idea that we'll hear something soon, but I'm finding it hard. And I know I've said it before, and I know I'm being boring, but being told to be patient all the time doesn't help.:D DavidB, this doesn't mean you. :D I know there are people who probably don't care one way or the other about cast guests, for example, which is fair enough because we're all interested in different aspects of the event, but it would be nice to hear something. It's great that there's a programme of events now, and if you're into costuming it sounds like it's going to be brill! :D But I can't blame those who've now decided not to attend when, 7 months on, there've been no new announcements about anything else. Dons flame-retardant suit

Edited by yeltz-lass

Sir Ian is back in London from middle of November to do King Lear. Would be a better bet to get an autograph outside the theatre.

By the way.....I saw Orlando Bloom today outside the theatre where he is appearing and I got a photo...biut he had no time for autographs as he was running late!

He looked great!

:YAHOO:

P1010349.jpg

Edited by rococco

@ Lady Tinania

it is a test with the people from POTC. How it will work. They sale less tickets than the year before and this is maybe a way that this con can continue. The panels are always in english and it was never be a problem in a workshop if you just understand english, there is always someone who can translate. There was an workshop with lory dungee last year who was also just in english. The only thing what is only in german is the lectures from german people.

@ Lady Tinania

it is a test with the people from POTC. How it will work. They sale less tickets than the year before and this is maybe a way that this con can continue. The panels are always in english and it was never be a problem in a workshop if you just understand english, there is always someone who can translate. There was an workshop with lory dungee last year who was also just in english. The only thing what is only in german is the lectures from german people.

*butts in* It is a test. If you go over to the boards on www.another show.de and click on the boards you can read for yourself what Dirk, Sandra and Marc have written. However, this is not a subject to be discussed on here - but maybe a mix of guests would get ticket sales bumped here too.....

I'm all set for another show Germany and the buzz is an all year round buzz for me. For this event I am a little down hearted, and can only hope that Showmasters pull their socks up. But to be honest, with the exception of guests panels missing, the rest of the things going on sound like they will make a good con :-)

Lady T, go on, you know you want toooooooo!!!

How come Craig isn't with Mark at German another show?

By the way, is that Craig in the Orange Ads on TV in England? I'm sure it is but when I Googled it I coldn't find out!

:WINCE:

Because Craig and Mark aren't joined at the hip and they are two seperate people *LOL*. Craig had to cancel as he is now back acting in Shortland Street. Bless him. I know he's in the ING advert, but as for Orange I have no idea.........

I must admit I'm feeling pretty disheartened. :lol:

SM have posted recently in other forums but ignored this one. I sacrificed my trip to NY for this as I couldn't afford both!!

If the event isn't going ahead then I would hope SM took the responsibility to admit it & refund us so we can hop over to Germany or at least have our money back, because I don't think anyone can easily miss £395!

I've supported SM in the past but they are not making it easy these days!

:WAVE:

just come out with it showmasters, there obviously will not be a another show uk event. i imagine many people would like a refund too.

I don't want to believe that it's not going to happen. I want to believe that SM are beavering away on the Con and that they don't want to say too much yet just in case, and for all I know they are. I just wish they'd say something. :P

Oh that's nice - rub it in for the rest of us, why don't you... :P

LOL, sorry hun!!! I wish I could bunldle you all up on a magic carpet and whisk you all away!!

Bless you! ;) That sounds like a great idea to me! :D:whistling:;)

Oh that's nice - rub it in for the rest of us, why don't you... ;)

LOL, sorry hun!!! I wish I could bunldle you all up on a magic carpet and whisk you all away!!

Bless you! ;) That sounds like a great idea to me! :P;):D

And don't forget me when you do! :whistling:

Oh that's nice - rub it in for the rest of us, why don't you... :P

Bless you! ;) That sounds like a great idea to me! :D:YAHOO::dance:

And don't forget me when you do! :unsure:

Hey, no chance of that happening! ;):wub:

I'm getting really worried too...

Its one thing to not say anything but to say soon there will be announcements then leave it for weeks on end its just too much... Not only do i feel i'm wasting my time coming on here to check but i'm finding it upsetting that there are so many of us going through this!

Please Please can someone from SM just reassure us?

I completely agree that a couple of hundred would be missed.

Veasse x

:YAHOO: Beautifully put - and nthing what you just said! :dance: I mean, okay, there's still only one guest (admitedly a damn good one! :unsure: ) for GMex a fortnight before and no-one's panicking too much over that yet, but just a bit of reassurance would be nice. Edited by yeltz-lass