New guest will be announced soon

This is not good and maybe our worse fears are becoming reality!

Has anyone got e-mail access to any other people involved in the films/TS/etc.?

Just wishing we could ask more people if they have been invited or even heard about it?

Need inside information!

:uhoh:

Need insider information as we are not being given anything from Showmasters...................

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not good and maybe our worse fears are becoming reality!

Has anyone got e-mail access to any other people involved in the films/TS/etc.?

Just wishing we could ask more people if they have been invited or even heard about it?

Need inside information!

:uhoh:

Need insider information as we are not being given anything from Showmasters...................

We do indeed - but I'll be attending regardless as I'm booked into the Radisson so I can't cancel without it costing me the price of my stay - if I'm paying for the hotel I might as well attend.

They are cutting it fine as there is only 2 and a half months till the con is due to take place. I am still hoping it happens but if John Howe didn't even know about it, what hopes have we that more 'well known' stars know about it? I am hoping we are wrong and all is going fine, but most other cons have more than 1 guest confirmed 2 1/2 months before it takes place , so whats the hold up?

What can I say? That's Alan Lee and John Howe, principal illustrators who worked on the films, both of whom have attended other conventions, both of whom have not been invited.

More worrying, is that they didn't even know about it! :D

I agree :o

If the event isn't going ahead, I wish they'd just tell us. Of course, what I really hope is that as soon as I send this comment, an announcement will be made, forcing me to eat humble pie, and voila! Elijah! Viggo! Orlando! Okay, maybe not those guys, cos that would probably be asking for the moon, but just SOMETHING!

More insider information...Just got this email...

Frank! Thanks for the email. Unfortunately I have not been invited to

another show UK. I think they would only want more prominant stars there

than a second rate urukhai!

Thanks for the thoughts though!

Kindest of regards,

Lawrence Makoare

...I just have no idea what to say...:D

Kindest of regards,

Lawrence Makoare

...I just have no idea what to say...:uhoh:

I was really looking forward to this event too.

Kindest of regards,

Lawrence Makoare

...I just have no idea what to say...:uhoh:

Hmm, that's ashame, I met Lawrence at a previous con and he was fantastic, really friendly and approachable and had a "give it your all" attitude.

Not sure if Weta are being evasive but I emailed them asking if any of them were attending another show and they replied "Yes, Daniel Falconer is attending another show Germany". They are either evading my question or don't even know about this one! Let's hope it's the former.

• Moderators

Blimey, so people are starting to think it has been cancelled or something because a few have said they're not going to it or haven't been invited?

I know people are getting impatient, and believe me I admire your dedication to all of this - even in terms of emailing around yourself! - but please don't work yourself up into a panic, and freak others out as well. It's so easy to do.

As nice as someone like Lawrence is, I'd hope they'd be aiming for someone slightly more prominent/rare anyway.

Blimey, so people are starting to think it has been cancelled or something because a few have said they're not going to it or haven't been invited?

I know people are getting impatient, and believe me I admire your dedication to all of this - even in terms of emailing around yourself! - but please don't work yourself up into a panic, and freak others out as well. It's so easy to do.

As nice as someone like Lawrence is, I'd hope they'd be aiming for someone slightly more prominent/rare anyway.

Hey DavidB! :D

Not trying to panic anyone (I hope!), but I would hope that SM tried to get people who've attended cons before as they are more likely to go again. Prominent stars would be fantastic, but in the mean time a few minor ones would reassure a lot of people I think?

Edited by GondorGirl

• Moderators

It's certainly one possible way of looking at it, but I have no idea what kinda approach they're taking to this event really. It was just worrying me reading through this topic and seeing "oh *** hasn't heard of it" and then everyone's like AHHHH OH NO! lol

I'm sure you could find plenty of people that haven't been invited, but we don't know who has and who they might have up their sleeve :D

Yeah, I'm still gonna stay positive, go me :D haha

If its any help I remember arguments going on like this on the Star Wars forum for the weeks and months leading up to a big UK SW event. We went for ages with no major announcements then suddenly in the ten days running up to the show Mark Hamill was announced out of nowhere, same thing may happen here.

If its any help I remember arguments going on like this on the Star Wars forum for the weeks and months leading up to a big UK SW event. We went for ages with no major announcements then suddenly in the ten days running up to the show Mark Hamill was announced out of nowhere, same thing may happen here.

I see your point and I truly hope thats the case...if anyone can do it SM can!...However there is a big difference between 'no major announcements' and just no announcements, which is unfortunately happpening here!

then again positive thoughts (and SM) may still prevail!

Edited by frankslittlemachine

Let's hope the autograph prices aren't as crazily high as at that event...

Agreed!

TBH Lawrence has shied away from the uk and europe as he was losing out on work.

I have asked and hoped he would come with his new tat business but alas not to be.

Getting close now....

Hope something comes to light soon

A xx

To be fair (and I can't believe I'm sticking up for that event!) Hamill was the only one charging what i'd call a crazily high fee, true people like Prowse and Ray Park were charging more than usual but everyone else seemed pretty much standard.

I guess it comes down to the debate we all had about that, at the end of the day its what you are willing to pay for an autograph. I have to say if we were talking £85 for Ian McKellans in person autograph I'd probably be willing to pay it.

To be fair (and I can't believe I'm sticking up for that event!) Hamill was the only one charging what i'd call a crazily high fee, true people like Prowse and Ray Park were charging more than usual but everyone else seemed pretty much standard.

I guess it comes down to the debate we all had about that, at the end of the day its what you are willing to pay for an autograph. I have to say if we were talking £85 for Ian McKellans in person autograph I'd probably be willing to pay it.

Ah yes, the dilmema of every fan...when is an amount too much?

Ian McKellen often signs outside the theatre which costs nothing. I love him but I'd not be prepared to pay that kind of money to meet him.

I doubt SM would ever charge such an inflated price for a guest!

At this rate, there won't be any guests to charge anything for...

Same thing happen here?? If Mark Hamill turns up to another show he's gone to the wrong event *joke* bwahahahaha!

Just because some of the actors have emailed and said they have never heard of the event doesn't mean that none of the actors have heard of the event. In my previous experience there is usually word of mouth about cons from actors, i.e one is invited and tells another one (yes some still keep in contact) and they then ask if they can attend. OR the next year it gets back to them how much fun was had and they want some!

It's difficult not to be disheartened - I personally am going to another show Germany next month so my excitement is most probably not what you want to hear - but remember putting on an event of this scale takes a lot of planning. And sometimes even those plans need planning!!!!

Hopefully a few more people will be announced soon -otherwise I can see Andy being swamped with crazed fans for the weekend.........

Lisa.

[At this rate, there won't be any guests to charge anything for...

That's why I haven't paid!

^_^

[At this rate, there won't be any guests to charge anything for...

That's why I haven't paid!

:YAHOO:

Have sent an e-mail to Sir Ian's website to ask him.....probably won't be answered and I know he's not known to be a regular attender at such things! Would be good to know if he's been asked though.

sorry to say i doubt you would get sir Ian. I was lucky enough to meet him at a small screening of his film Emile in London. Prior to this I won a signed Gandalf photo from a competition on his website (which he doesn't run anymore). Can't have been more than 25 people in the cinema there, half of them lotr fans. Before walking into the cinema i grabbed a signature on my dvd boxset and shook his hand. Unfortunately, after the screening and a small q+a afterwards, he wasn't willing to sign for anyone else as he had to rush off to see some friends.