New guest will be announced soon

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Weta Janitor? lol. And I'm about as well as I could possibly be considering the circumstances, but thank you for asking. Back to uni I go though; though it's another 3 years for me because I've withdrawn from my old course and started a new one.

Can't wait for November though. :dance:

Well I am sure I could twist it enough to turn LOTR into an academical discussion relating to my degree. *nods* Not that I want to, but *shrugs* Could be quite amusing.......

But yeah - November. Woot. Must remember to clear my credit card before I arrive though, so I can pay the hotel bill. lol.

new guest will be announced soon

we have been trying to get guests that we have not had before which is very hard as we have had most of them but things are looking good for eather rare or 1st time guests

we will have a great event with lost of fun ;)

jason

Obviously not that soon then............................ :YAHOO:

I am really excited about this event, but like many others, I am worried about the fact that very little has been announced. I'm not too bothered about the guests, but I would like the stunt guys and scholars etc to attend as I think they are the best bits. How about someone to talk about the costumes??

Anyways, I hope that there will be an announcement soon. I pop in a couple of times a day to check, but nothing as yet!!

Now is not the time to hassle Showmasters about an event that isn't happening for several months.

Well as November is more or less two months away, I wouldn't call it several months.

Yes, but the event is in roughly 3 months time.

Now is not the time to hassle Showmasters about an event that isn't happening for several months.

Well as November is more or less two months away, I wouldn't call it several months.

Yes, but the event is in roughly 3 months time.

We understand that but if LFACC or CM had only one guest announced with 3 months or less to go there would be a riot!

I just think that we have never waited for so long before and its worrying!

Especially since SM said "SOON" which doesnt mean weeks to me SORRY!! Just my opinion!

Andrea xx

Well today something came up - which meant booking it for 25 November, and because nothing has been forthcoming from Showmasters I have booked to go to this particular concert instead of attending Ring Con.

It may not only be me Showmasters... I think you may have lost many potential attendees because of the huge delay.

I did book my Ring Con ticket back in April, but now something else has come up which sounds a lot better than Ring Con.

I wonder if you will make me change my mind?

Swan

I know of at least 2 other people besides myself that have clashes on that weekend and need to make decisions soon. I just wish we weren't being kept hanging. The post at the top of this thread was just a tease, and not a good one it seems.

I know of at least 2 other people besides myself that have clashes on that weekend and need to make decisions soon. I just wish we weren't being kept hanging.

When tickets for this concert came online to buy today, I stopped and thought, oh, that is Ring Con weekend. Then I thought about the non existant announcements and just went for the alternative.

I guess I still have the Saturday for Ring Con, but to be honest, my excitment and support for this event has evaporated.

Swan

i Have to agree...I've held on for ages, got a quote from Radisson, etc. but now need to book a Friday off work if I'm going. I need to know for sure to book this day off...so I'm afraid I'm going for an alternative art and craft exhibition. Would much prefer RC as I attended both FFs, but I can't spend £400+ without more information on the event....especially as only Andy is announced and I've met Andy a couple of times before. I know it's not all about the star guests..but that certainly IS an exciting part of the convention! How about the artists, Tolkien Society, stunt guys and girls, make-up artists, etc. Surely something/someone else should have been arranged by now! How about our overseas friends? They need info even more urgently if they are to book flights, etc.

;)

Edited by rococco

I check every day and am starting to feel disillusioned and even thought I know it takes a while to sort out this thread shouldn't have been started at all cos I was so excited at first and thought there'd be an announcement soon...but I still wanna go cos I really really really want to meet Andy Serkis and I have never been to A another show either but I am waiting for some more GOOD guests (people I have actually heard of not Elf no. 6!) :(

i Have to agree...I've held on for ages, got a quote from Radisson, etc. but now need to book a Friday off work if I'm going. I need to know for sure to book this day off...so I'm afraid I'm going for an alternative art and craft exhibition. Would much prefer RC as I attended both FFs, but I can't spend £400+ without more information on the event....especially as only Andy is announced and I've met Andy a couple of times before. I know it's not all about the star guests..but that certainly IS an exciting part of the convention! How about the artists, Tolkien Society, stunt guys and girls, make-up artists, etc. Surely something/someone else should have been arranged by now! How about our overseas friends? They need info even more urgently if they are to book flights, etc.

:WINCE:

I also have prior committments on this date and am very close to confirming them. I really wanted to go to this event as Showmasters asked us who we wanted to see and the option included all the big names.

Havnt seen any announced so far though. (apart from Andy who ive met already)

:wub:

I also have prior committments on this date and am very close to confirming them. I really wanted to go to this event as Showmasters asked us who we wanted to see and the option included all the big names.

I think that everyone who has every heard of Showmasters has met Andy at least once LOL. He's a cool guy and has done lots since his last signing.

But definately more of the background work needs to be added. It's not important how big a guest is, it's about Tolkien. The Tolkien Society would bring a huge part to this event, they know the real essence of this world that has been created where we can all escape to - not how drop dead gorgeous "the one who plays *insert name here*" is! In the few years that has passed, most of the LOTR actors have made themselves huge. It's becoming increasingly difficult to find windows in their busy scheduals and I think we should center on making this a Middle Earth event.

Of course, if a top guest gets announced then this will only add to the excitement that the original announcement of Ring*Con coming to the UK generated in the first place.

What I'm hoping will happen is that now LFACC is underway, once it's over (and we're talking Monday, I guess! :D ) it'll be one less thing for SM to be concentrating on and they can then give a lot more attention to another show - I'm sure that's how it'll work. :P

;)

I think that everyone who has every heard of Showmasters has met Andy at least once LOL. He's a cool guy and has done lots since his last signing.

But definately more of the background work needs to be added. It's not important how big a guest is, it's about Tolkien. The Tolkien Society would bring a huge part to this event, they know the real essence of this world that has been created where we can all escape to - not how drop dead gorgeous "the one who plays *insert name here*" is! In the few years that has passed, most of the LOTR actors have made themselves huge. It's becoming increasingly difficult to find windows in their busy scheduals and I think we should center on making this a Middle Earth event.

Of course, if a top guest gets announced then this will only add to the excitement that the original announcement of Ring*Con coming to the UK generated in the first place.

You say most of the cast have made themselves huge????

Who??

Some were big before hand. I would hardly say, Billy Boyd , John Rhys Davies, Sala Barker, even Viggo.........are A listers.................?? Not sure how you got to that conclusion. Orlando has granted and Mckellen already was but come on, by huge you are talking Brad Pitt and co. Not Seed of Chucky.

Id rephrase most with a few.

As for the Tolkien Society, are you a member or the owner lol

A few more guests would make this event great without going down the Dead Poets Society route. :D