New guest will be announced soon

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys...

nothing is impossible to a willing heart!

besides isnt he in London that weekend with a show? perhaps he will drop by to see his fellow actors?!

http://www.whatsonstage.com/index.php?pg=2...how=T1303208443

just a thought!

I doubt he will sign but he might join a party or visit... I think he will be too tired performing to sign a whole day... you never know!

V xx

My money is on Karl Urban...he's in Europe that week for another show Germany and he's only been known to have done one UK con before now and I would be a very happy girlie too :unsure:

I'd also like to see Thomas Robins invited. He's a fantadtic guy and I'm sure getting him and Andy in the same room would be a scream!

ould also love to have 'The Wenham', Miranda, Viggo, Dom, Billy, I;d say Hugo Weaving but the guy scares the life out of me!! And you can't have a con without the Parkers!!!!!!

I have to say on the Orlando conversation I don't think its that impossible. The guy is just shortly to finish his play in the West End doesn't exactly have a film set to rush off to and seems to have lost rather alot of popularity over the last couple of years.

While I have the opportunity I would just like to say a huge thank you to Showmasters for putting RingconUK together. Most people don't realise how much hard work goes into an event like these shows and just because there aren't guest announcements every other day doesn't mean they have forgotten about that particular show. I myself can't wait for November and just gutted my best friend won't be there to enjoy it with me but she'll be on her honeymoon!

See you all there

Ellie xxx

How soon is soon? I mean 9 days have gone by already, are we talking a couple of weeks, a month?

We need something soon Showmasters, I know many who are losing heart, and booking to go to the German event instead.

Edited by swan

Some people haven't met Elijah wood so we can still request him and even if we have met him we would like to again (hiya sarah!) so every guest is special to people for different reasons I never question why someone wants to meet a particular guest.

How soon is soon? I mean 9 days have gone by already, are we talking a couple of weeks, a month?

We need something soon Showmasters, I know many who are losing heart, and booking to go to the German event instead.

yes please, can we have something more definite than "soon". I've got to make a decision on whether to go or do the family celebration soon and time's running out. I know lots of people that are needing to make decisions about travel etc and it's getting pretty close now.

• Moderators

If they had something more definite than 'soon', I'm sure they would've posted it initially like they do with some guest announcements etc.

I know they're definitely working on things, but it can take various amounts of time from one guest to the next, so all we can do is wait :YAHOO:

They won't say anything until it's finalised.

My money is on Karl Urban...he's in Europe that week for another show Germany

German another show is October 12.-14.2007. (Wonder if any of their guests will be able to hang around in Europe for 6 weeks?)

I'm going to both so no worries........

.......On the other hand Craig might be available in November?????

My money is on Karl Urban...he's in Europe that week for another show Germany

German another show is October 12.-14.2007. (Wonder if any of their guests will be able to hang around in Europe for 6 weeks?)

I'm going to both so no worries........

.......On the other hand Craig might be available in November?????

Craig won't be available - he's pulled out of another show Germany because he now has a "proper" job *LOL* and is back on the set of Shortland Street. I very much doubt that he will be on the convention circuit for a good few years if not at all. It's a shame, another show and Craig Parker go hand in hand but there comes a time when people have to move on :'(

Karl has only been to one other UK convention where a few of us were lucky enough to have the honor of having photo's and a chat, he will be appearing in Germany, but six weeks before as mentioned above.

I'd love to see Thomas and Andy together again, they just bounce off each other and they present wicked panels. Also Thomas' directing work is very interesting and on a totally different level from LOTR which will bring something fresh.

I didn't realise the two events were so far apart, I hadn't seen the dates for this years event and had been told it was only a week before.

Its a shame about Craig but good for him being back on Shortland Street, used to love that show! Lisa when you go to RC germany will you have a look and see if they are selling the dvds from the 2005 show cause I never managed to find out how to buy one! Hope your well anyway,

catch ya soon

Ellie xxx

I agree. Much as I love Andy, so far this is a non-event for me, which is a shame.

I agree. Much as I love Andy, so far this is a non-event for me, which is a shame.

I am sure that is a post has been made for a new guest then a new guest will be announced soon enough. It takes time to work out contracts etc, and these have to be perfect before any guest will sign and officially announced.....

That said, it's all now part of the waiting and guessing game. I just hope who ever gets announced doesn't get the same cold reception as Billy Nighy did when he was officially added to the LFACC. I'm sure all those that moaned will be happy now he's no longer attending!!

And as for those booking for the German event - many of us did that at last years another show because we know what we are getting for our money - big guest or no big guests it's worth every penny :smile:

I am sure that is a post has been made for a new guest then a new guest will be announced soon enough. It takes time to work out contracts etc, and these have to be perfect before any guest will sign and officially announced.....

That said, it's all now part of the waiting and guessing game. I just hope who ever gets announced doesn't get the same cold reception as Billy Nighy did when he was officially added to the LFACC. I'm sure all those that moaned will be happy now he's no longer attending!!

And as for those booking for the German event - many of us did that at last years another show because we know what we are getting for our money - big guest or no big guests it's worth every penny :(

I appreciate what you're saying about contracts, etc, but there aren't even any scholars listed yet and they are surely less problematic than actors. Or maybe not...

I am going to another show in Germany, went last year and you're right, it was wonderful. If Showmasters *do* make an announcement re the UK event, and it's not a guest I'm interested in, I won't moan about it but then again, I most likely won't buy a ticket, either. *hopes for someone good* As for Mr Nighy, I am gutted he's not attending; was really looking forward to meeting him :dance:

Actually I didn't think of scholars - you are right!! They make an event. Their knowledge of the world/works of Tolkien is never ending and can educate those who are only familiar with the film aspect.

Maybe we'll have some Tolkien Society members announced soon, I think a balance of both film and book, is needed.

Hiya FLM - My life is one big ball of stress at the moment. lol. I won't bore you with the details but I can't wait to escape back to university again.

And yeah, it wouldn't be the same without Shore's music. I also hope they get some of the Weta team there, such as Richard Taylor....but then again, Weta are very busy with productions at the moment so I'm guessing it won't happen.