New guest will be announced soon

Hmmmm........I think most of us understand that the whole Middle Earth concept HAS to include Tolkien.

(and the TS have run some cool workshops at other events)

.................But I'm sure there will be something to appeal to everyone (even Burt Reynolds Fans!)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been so long and we still know NOTHING. This is getting very irritating.

I want to go see Orlando Bloom in his play in London, but it ends on the 15th september and I have to travel from Belgium if I do this. Because I want to go to another show too I have to choose between those 2 because it costs so much money...

I'm still waitint but I'm really upset SM don't update on this event!

Anyway, I keep checking every day, but i'm starting to give up on it.

Well so far there's only one guest announced for Collectormania Manchester(?), and that's taking place just a couple of weeks before another show - I'm taking it that this means there'll be a mad flurry of activity in the next month or so and we may hear something soonish. :YAHOO:

Well so far there's only one guest announced for Collectormania Manchester(?), and that's taking place just a couple of weeks before another show - I'm taking it that this means there'll be a mad flurry of activity in the next month or so and we may hear something soonish. :D

But how can you even begin to compare a "collectormania" to a convention where you should ideally fill several stages with simultaneous events that'll cater to every craving of Tolkien fans, be they book or film buffs? :blink: It's one thing to go to a show to get an autograph and perhaps a photo op, but it's not even close to the ballpark to compare it to a real another show. :huh:

I'm not even looking into flights or trains to London till I see some indication that this event will even try to pretend to have anything to do with the original another show. Film-guests are only one ingredient of many in the stew that makes a Lord of the Rings gathering palatable.

Well so far there's only one guest announced for Collectormania Manchester(?), and that's taking place just a couple of weeks before another show - I'm taking it that this means there'll be a mad flurry of activity in the next month or so and we may hear something soonish. :unsure:

But how can you even begin to compare a "collectormania" to a convention where you should ideally fill several stages with simultaneous events that'll cater to every craving of Tolkien fans, be they book or film buffs? :blink: It's one thing to go to a show to get an autograph and perhaps a photo op, but it's not even close to the ballpark to compare it to a real another show. :huh:

I'm not even looking into flights or trains to London till I see some indication that this event will even try to pretend to have anything to do with the original another show. Film-guests are only one ingredient of many in the stew that makes a Lord of the Rings gathering palatable.

*shrugs* Because I'm ignorant, obviously. :WINCE: No, I've got no idea how these things work and clearly I shouldn't comment on things I know nothing about. *sighs* Not all of us here are familiar with the original concept of another show, and I'm getting the impression that we're all looking forward to different things - not that there's anything wrong with that, as the more there is the more entertaining it'll be for everyone, because not everyone's going to be interested in or even want the same things as others will do, but it'll be good to see the variety and maybe experience things we might not've though of before.

I was just trying to be optimistic... :poki:

Edited by yeltz-lass

Hmmmm........I think most of us understand that the whole Middle Earth concept HAS to include Tolkien.

(and the TS have run some cool workshops at other events)

.................But I'm sure there will be something to appeal to everyone (even Burt Reynolds Fans!)

The Mighty Burt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING BACK BURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 BRING HIM IN, DRESS HIM AS GANDALF, JUST GET HIM!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

• Showmasters Admin

Tuesday after LFCC....nothing yet.

:D

That's possibly because they only returned home late yesterday? The show hasn't even been over for 48 hours. :poki:

The shows don't end for the SMs until at least 24 hours after a show closes.

Edited by Too Tall

another show wasn't even advertised at LFCC, despite signs for both Eclipse and Lockdown - I found that very odd and considered the fact that maybe SM are intentionally downplaying the event for some reason.

Maybe it's going to be a bit more intimate than originally envisaged? :WINCE: Just wondering. ;)

another show wasn't even advertised at LFCC, despite signs for both Eclipse and Lockdown - I found that very odd and considered the fact that maybe SM are intentionally downplaying the event for some reason.

Maybe it's going to be a bit more intimate than originally envisaged?:lol: Just wondering. :unsure:

with 1 guest and 200 people wanting to talk to him you mean?

Maybe it's going to be a bit more intimate than originally envisaged?:headscratch: Just wondering. B)

with 1 guest and 200 people wanting to talk to him you mean?

No, I meant in general terms, really - but I see what you mean! :D

YES, PLEASE!

Richard Taylor, Tania Rogers and if possible Daniel Falconer, all of WETA WORKSHOP.

Wonderful, warm, enthusiastic and gifted people.

xx

:lol:^_^ With you on that, I love the stars but there is nothing better than the guys behind it all!! B)

In an ideal world I think we'd get a mixture of both, though - something for everyone! :D

Edited by yeltz-lass

Hello all!

Have a bit of sad news regarding one potential guest who hasn't been invited and didn't even know about the event. The following is a copy of an email I just received:

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

No, not been invited. I didn't know there was one in the UK; there's one in

Germany, I believe.

Best wishes,

John Howe

What can I say? That's Alan Lee and John Howe, principal illustrators who worked on the films, both of whom have attended other conventions, both of whom have not been invited.

Hello all!

Have a bit of sad news regarding one potential guest who hasn't been invited and didn't even know about the event. The following is a copy of an email I just received:

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

No, not been invited. I didn't know there was one in the UK; there's one in

Germany, I believe.

Best wishes,

John Howe

What can I say? That's Alan Lee and John Howe, principal illustrators who worked on the films, both of whom have attended other conventions, both of whom have not been invited.

No news on this event for a while. Am unable to attend now. Not well organised at all.

More worrying, is that they didn't even know about it! :D

This is not good and maybe our worse fears are becoming reality!

Has anyone got e-mail access to any other people involved in the films/TS/etc.?

Just wishing we could ask more people if they have been invited or even heard about it?

Need inside information!

:D