Grrrrr @ London Underground !

dufresne

Just been looking at the track closures on the weekend in question. There is NO circle line operating on Saturday or Sunday, and the District line is closed pretty much east of Earl's Court.

This makes it a bit more complicated getting to EC from Victoria (where my bus arrives) so I will have to go by Green Park :thumbup: I'm sure more people will be arriving at Victoria on buses or trains - just be sure to leave extra time for your journey !!

Tube map.

Just been looking at the track closures on the weekend in question. There is NO circle line operating on Saturday or Sunday, and the District line is closed pretty much east of Earl's Court.

This makes it a bit more complicated getting to EC from Victoria (where my bus arrives) so I will have to go by Green Park :poki: I'm sure more people will be arriving at Victoria on buses or trains - just be sure to leave extra time for your journey !!

Tube map.

To be fair, this isn't new news; somebody had already mentioned this back in mid-June, and I'd posted about it on the back of it then (post no. 9 in http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....owtopic=33006#).

Probably won't add much more than 10 minutes to anybody coming in to Victoria, and may be a good excuse to investigate coming in to Clapham Junction (for those coming from the south) or Watford (for those coming from the north) and taking the surface train line to West Brompton...

If thebayleyeffect would care to give us some sort of a clue where their group is coming from, some of the kind souls on this forum might just give them some helpful hints on how to get there - but we do need more of an idea where you're starting from other than not-Earls'-Court (and presumably not just-around-the-corner-from-it either :poki: )

If thebayleyeffect would care to give us some sort of a clue where their group is coming from, some of the kind souls on this forum might just give them some helpful hints on how to get there - but we do need more of an idea where you're starting from other than not-Earls'-Court (and presumably not just-around-the-corner-from-it either :poki: )

Heya! Ooo people can help me? YAY!

Erm well we are coming from the north west, Wilmslow specifically speaking. I think we are going on Sat early morning 5am ish i think, i wanted to go on the Sunday but the train isn't till 9am ish and won't get into London until 12 ish and that's probably too late to see the big names that can only do that day i.e. Hayden P and Patrick S. So we may go on the Sat and then stay over somewhere, which means more organising as i don't no London or the area at all and so finding accomodation close to the convention will be hard as i imagine most places are booked up now. But anyways, we are going by train, and what with a few changes and stuff not sure what to do when we get closer 2 London and there may be lots more changes or buses that we have to get on.

Someone help? Anyone from the Manchester area that could come with us?

But any general help on the train issue and even the accomodation issue would be soo helpful.

Thanks all.

x

This makes it a bit more complicated getting to EC from Victoria (where my bus arrives) so I will have to go by Green Park :poki: I'm sure more people will be arriving at Victoria on buses or trains - just be sure to leave extra time for your journey !!

Tube map.

To be fair, this isn't new news; somebody had already mentioned this back in mid-June, and I'd posted about it on the back of it then (post no. 9 in http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....owtopic=33006#).

Probably won't add much more than 10 minutes to anybody coming in to Victoria, and may be a good excuse to investigate coming in to Clapham Junction (for those coming from the south) or Watford (for those coming from the north) and taking the surface train line to West Brompton...

Ooooooooh ! Get her !! Sorry for not reading the whole forum :poki: I know it won't take a fortnight to make detour, but as the posts here prove, it's good to know in advance...

I was about to worry but remembered I'm coming down on the Friday :poki:

:poki:

Don't worry, my thought process was pretty much "oh no! .. arrgh!! ... oh wait .." :poki:

Exactly the same as me, we so silly :poki::poki:

I will need telling several times though where I'm going....I hate the tube :(

MSN meeeeeeeeeee :poki:

Ooooooooh ! Get her !! Sorry for not reading the whole forum :P

And there was me thinking that one couldn't sneeze in even the darkest corner of the most obscure thread in this forum without you leading the chorus of "gesundheit"... :poki: - my faith in your omniscient ubiquity is shattered ;)

I know it won't take a fortnight to make detour, but as the posts here prove, it's good to know in advance...

Aye tis true, and forewarned is indeed forearmed. In reality it shouldn't cause most people much of a delay at all, but it's nice to be "in the know" and to have your strategy planned in advance rather than be thrown into a panic by the unexpected.

Thanks for letting us know.

I know they are a real pain and especially being on those days that they have to be closed as well. Typical :D lol. These closures mean me taking a longer route on different rail lines.

x

• 3 weeks later...

Dusfresne,i'm getting the bus to victoria too and i was gonna go straight to Earls court by tube from victoria!

can anyone tell me if there are any other tube lines i can get or can you recommend a phone number for taxis ?

how long does it take by bus from victoria to earls court ?

Edited by Beth