Diana Muldaur

zebredy

I put this topic in this forum, because she is well know for being in trek, and quite a few people I know, only really kow her for her roles in TNG and TOS or LA LAW...

But I want to know, what people like about her, and what show they first saw her in. Oh and if you have any pics, please post them here as well.......

Not long till LFACC :YAHOO:

;)

LLAP ;)

Terrific! :crying: We really needed a Diana-thread!

My favourite Diana-role is Rosalind Shays in L.A. Law (I'm crazy about her)! But I love all the roles Diana has played through the years! I've admired her since I was 10 (about 19 years ago). She's such an amazing actress and so beautiful! And that VOICE!

I watched "The Other" and "One more train to rob" the other night: She is SO AMAZING in these movies!

I couldn't post any of my Diana-pictures on this board (I have no idea why), but if anyone would like to see them you can give me your email-address and I'll send them to you!

Edited by Rosalind

Terrific! :crying: We really needed a Diana-thread!

My favourite Diana-role is Rosalind Shays in L.A. Law (I'm crazy about her)! But I love all the roles Diana has played through the years! I've admired her since I was 10 (about 19 years ago). She's such an amazing actress and so beautiful! And that VOICE!

I watched "The Other" and "One more train to rob" the other night: She is SO AMAZING in these movies!

I couldn't post any of my Diana-pictures on this board (I have no idea why), but if anyone would like to see them you can give me your email-address and I'll send them to you!

Looking on IMDB she seemed to play a lot of Doctors...

Apperently she died in a lift in L A Law is that true? Sadly I never got a chance to see that episode, didn't seem to catch many episode of L.A.Law with her in :D Also she was in 24 episodes of the show before she was killed off, I never new that before....

Did you know she's going to be 69years old, a week on Sunday

My email is ten1uk@msn.com but I won't have the internet properly connected till Saturday/Sunday, never had internet in the flat before :dance:

Glad you like the thread I started

:hathor:

LLAP :D

Edited by zebredy

Yeah: They had her falling down the shaft! I don't think I've been so angry in my whole life as I was that evening. She was such a wonderful character: I loved the romance between her and her old enemy Leland (played by Richard Dysart, who is an old friend of Diana). And Diana earned two Emmy-nominations for her portrayl of Rosalind. Killing the character was a really bad move of the writers: The show never recovered after that!

Diana has said that she looked at the L.A. Law-cast as "family" and that it was hard to leave them all.

I hope you'll be able to watch L.A. Law soon: The first 5 seasons were SO GREAT! :YAHOO:

Yeah: I have allready told some of my friends that we have to celebrate Diana next Sunday!

I'll send you my pictures tonight or tomorrow!

Have a great weekend!

Edited by Rosalind

Thanks will view the photos as soon as possible

I still don't have the internet at home :poki: this is due to a line fault or something, and they said its going to take up to 7 more days to get sorted....

I looked on the internet at work and it seems L.A.LAW isn't on sale on DVD, anywhere, heres hoping they bring it to DVD soon, so I can buy it and watch all the episodes with her in :D

:wub:

LLAP :uhoh:

I don't know what's taking them so long to put L.A. Law on DVD: It was a really popular show (only The West Wing has the same amount of Emmy Awards). It's running again in USA, but that won't help us...

So: Do you think that Diana will do photos at London Film and Comic Con? :D

I don't know what's taking them so long to put L.A. Law on DVD: It was a really popular show (only The West Wing has the same amount of Emmy Awards). It's running again in USA, but that won't help us...

So: Do you think that Diana will do photos at London Film and Comic Con? :D

She may let you take a photo with her at her table where she is signing autos, if she isn't doing a photo shoot. It may not look as good, but would be cheaper. I prefer having the photo taken at the guests signning tables cause it usually means you can spend a minute of two longer with them, before you have to move on.

:unsure:

So: How long can you talk to a guest before you have to move on? Do you have the time to ask her/him any questions?

I'm starting to get really nervous... :firedevil:

It normally depends who the guest is, and how popular they are.

Sometimes if you get a bad guest, they won't give anyone the time of day, no matter how busy they are, others will spend ages talking to you, even if there are 50 other people in the que wating to see them.

Sometimes depending on what show you go to, its not the guest but the organisers of the event, who think by pushing people though to see the guest as quickly as possible they will make more money. They don't take into account, that some people will look, see people being rushed though, and wont bother to see the guest, or the events website after the show, will have people moaning about how badly they were treated when they went to see the guest (who ever they are) in question.

Most the time showmasters are pretty good, and I have found (though it is different for each person) that the older guest are the nicer ones, they seem to have more time for you, thats not to say the younger ones don't to though. I saw Rene the guy who plays ODO in DS9 and he spent over 10mins talking to myself and my fiance, made my fiances day (think he is in his late 60's early 70's).

I went to an event in london a few years ago, which scotty (Jimmy Doohan) was at, and they had to force him to take a lunch break because he said, "All these people have come just to see me the least I can do is make the effort for them."

There was another young buffy guest at the same event, and she arrived 1hr late for the show, cause she could not be bothered to get up in time, and then she left the show early to.

Most the guest I have seen have been great, usually it helps if you can say something to them first like hi thanks for coming to this event etc. If you stand there and say nothing then don't expect much back in return (thats always the way I look at it)

I try to get to see the guests I want to see, as early as I can, cause you have to take into account (with people who don't seem as happy as they could be) that some of the guests might be jetlaged, and by the time you have got round to seeing them, they may have signed over 2-300 autos which I'm sure can get a little repetitive/boaring after a while....

From what I have heard from people in the USA, Diana is a lovely person to meet, though I always like to make up my own mind on a person rather then listening to other people, epecially if there comments are slighly negative.

Each to there own, this is just the way I see things.

:D

LLAP :chair:

Edited by zebredy

Thanks for the info!

10 DAYS!!!! :dance:

9 now :D

What time are you arriving at the event? I have an early bird ticket so will be queing as early as possible, probably 6:30am. I will let you know beforehand what I am wearing so if you get there before the doors open we can meet up? I mean its probably going to be very busy inside the event as Earls Court 1 is really big inside...

I can't wait 9 days till I see Diana :dance::YAHOO::dance:

:smile:

LLAP ^_^

I've bought a golden programme, but I'll probably show up att 8.00-9.00 am.

Are you going to be there all day?

Probably.... :huh:

If you get there half an hour to an hour before the show starts then you should see me in the que outside? I am aiming to get there for 6-6:30am so I shouldn't be too far back in the que.

As I said, will let you know nearer the event what I will be wearing, as I may be going in a Space Precinct costume?

:headscratch:

LLAP :P

Edited by zebredy

I forgot to tell you: I'm about to move to a new flat, so I'm not going to have access to internet for a while.

But I'll be wearing my L.A. Law-pin (with Diana and Richard Dysart on it), so hopefully you'll recognize me.

3 days!!! :dance:

Do you have a mobile/cell phone then maybe I could text you over the weekend. If you email me your number then I will have a look for it tomorrow night, unless you are already away from your computer :unsure:

So sad about Diana but I hope that she was not the only person that you were going to the event to see, even if she was the main reason for you coming to London. :no::P and I was so sure she would come this time..... :crying:

Hope she gets better soon, maybe they could try and get her to come to Collectormania later in the year? Though that would mean another trip to the Uk for you?

Get well soon Diana (my favourite TNG character ever and one of my 2/3 favourite trek characters from any show)

:P

LLAP :borg:

Grr: I didn't see your message here until now! I'm so sad we didn't see eachother at the event. It would have been great talking to someone who likes Diana!

I was so sad to hear that she is ill! She was the only reason I went to London, and I didn't hear the news until Saturday morning! But London is a very nice city!

I sure hope that Diana will attend another of Showmaster's conventions, and that we can meet then!

LOTS OF HUGS TO DIANA!

Grr: I didn't see your message here until now! I'm so sad we didn't see eachother at the event. It would have been great talking to someone who likes Diana!

I was so sad to hear that she is ill! She was the only reason I went to London, and I didn't hear the news until Saturday morning! But London is a very nice city!

I sure hope that Diana will attend another of Showmaster's conventions, and that we can meet then!

LOTS OF HUGS TO DIANA!

Someone said that they overheard that she was in hospital. I don't want to spread rumors but would like to know that / if she is ok...

Yeah its a shame that we didn't meet each other, but I was at the event both days and did try to look for you in the gold ticket que on the Saturday. Unfortunately I didn't have my Space Precinct costume ready in time so had to go in jeans and a Star Trek t-shirt, maybe thats why you couldn't find me?

:WINCE:

LLAP :smile:

I looked for you as well! I guess we'll have to send eachother some photos before the next convention that Diana will attend!

Yeah: I just checked the cancellation-thread, and the rumor was right! But I'm so happy to hear that she's doing better, and that she'll hopefully attend a convention in 2008!

SEE YOU THEN!!! :smile:

I looked for you as well! I guess we'll have to send eachother some photos before the next convention that Diana will attend!

Yeah: I just checked the cancellation-thread, and the rumor was right! But I'm so happy to hear that she's doing better, and that she'll hopefully attend a convention in 2008!

SEE YOU THEN!!! ^_^

Yeah you to :P

As I said its not nice to hear when anyone has to go to hospital not matter what for, and its reasuring to hear she was upset about not being here, cause it shows she cares about the fans.

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!!!

Right now I'm looking for "E! True Hollywood Story: L.A. Law" (a documentary from 2001), but I can't find it anywhere. I also know that she did A LOT of interviews about L.A. Law in the 90:s (on Phil Donahue show and Oprah to name a few), but they are also hard to find...

But I'll keep looking!!!

Edited by Rosalind

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!!!

Right now I'm looking for "E! True Hollywood Story: L.A. Law" (a documentary from 2001), but I can't find it anywhere. I also know that she did A LOT of interviews about L.A. Law in the 90:s (on Phil Donahue show and Oprah to name a few), but they are also hard to find...

But I'll keep looking!!!

I'll see what I come up with over the next couple of weeks, I may find nothing either, but I'll have a look for you and report back if there's anything good to report.

:thumbup:

LLAP :YAHOO:

• 2 weeks later...