Staying at the Travel Inn

SunSpeed

I posted the following post in the Collectormania 11 folder some weeks ago (I realise I should have posted it in the Collectormania 10 folder as that was the last Collectormania I went to) but have had no replies. I thought it would get a better response in this folder as it's to do with C12:

START OF OLD POST>>> This might have been a thread I looked at before C11 (I didn't end up going), but looking at the search results on my computer screen just now, after putting in "Travel Inn" as the search words and doing a search in all Showmasters forums, I found there are many threads with "Travel Inn" in the thread title. I picked this one at the top of the search results page.

I was interested in seeing how much they charge at the Travel Inn in Milton Keynes if I did come a day early and go to Collectormania the following day. I didn't go to C11 but it's likely that I will come to C12 because of the several guests attending who I'm interested in meeting. When is the best time to book a place at the Travel Inn before C12 in October? <<<END OF OLD POST.

I remember reading a post in the C12 folder recently, regarding booking at the Travel Inn. I think they said it's cheaper if you book three months in advance.

Edited by SunSpeed

• Moderators

I don't think the prices really differ whenever you book - most hotels in the area have 'event prices' which means they make the most amount of money possible when something like Collectormania is on.

Somewhere like Travelodge does £10-15 rooms but you'll very rarely find them during an event period, if at all. And the Premier Travel Inn doesn't do discounted prices I don't think.

Best time to book is asap as it fills up very quickly, and may well have already. It's often hard to book there.

Have you looked on the website? You can check prices without booking.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I was editing my post when you replied.

The last time I looked on the Travel Inn website I'm sure it said there was more than one Travel Inn in Milton Keynes. I'll be coming by train so the one which is closest to a Travel Inn and the Mk would be ideal.

DavidB - You're right about the availability of rooms at the Premier Travel Inn (I've done a web search and it appears that there's just the Premier Travel Inn and not a Travel Inn as well. When I clicked on the "travel inn hotels" highlighted link it came up with the Premier Travel Inn website link as one of the search results). And it's quite expensive per night.

Edited by SunSpeed

Thanks for your help. Got it booked.

OT: I just looked at the words underneath your avatar picture and thought something was missing. You notice these things with the regular posters here. I'm not being nosy honest.

Do you need to book the train ticket for going to and coming back from Milton Keynes Central well in advance?

Edited by SunSpeed

• Moderators

Thanks for your help. Got it booked.

OT: I just looked at the words underneath your avatar picture and thought something was missing. You notice these things with the regular posters here. I'm not being nosy honest.

:D I change what it says every so often if I'm bored.

Do you need to book the train ticket for going to and coming back from Milton Keynes Central well in advance?

I believe you can get cheaper seats in advance, but they end up less flexible i.e. you have to reserve a seat on a certain train, and you can only use that one .. while a more 'normal' ticket would allow you to travel whenever you want.

It's up to you really - if you're certain of when you can travel, and you can definitely stick to what you book, then go for an advance cheap one .. but sometimes it's best to pay a bit more for the flexibility.

All the different terms/conditions with the different types of tickets will be explained if you look on the train sites - try National Rail or something.

I posted about this in the travel,hotel section but as hardley anyone seems to post in there I will post it here too....

Im staying at a Trevel Lodge, it's not the nearest one to the shopping centre but for £15 and an upgrade to a family room (girls gota have her room) for no extra cost, I don't mind not being next to the shopping centre, especially if the money I save from not staying right next to the MK shopping centre can by me an extra autograph or two :D

A 5-10min drive up the road, free parking spaces at the shopping centre and more money to spend on autos, what more do people want?

What could be better?

:D

LLAP :(

How many days are you down for? Don't froget that they haven't yet announced which guests are on which days! You don't want to end up disappointed.

I read this yesterday and thought that doubts were being put in my mind. I've booked now because if I leave it there won't be any rooms left. Plus I've stopped at a Travel Inn before and found them alright.

I realise the days haven't been announced for the guests yet. I'm going to C12 on the Saturday so I'm hoping most guests will be there on that day. Based on what people have said in the past here about which days most guests attend Saturday is one of the best days.

I always stay at holiday inn express. i drive up to MK so its got free parking and is only a 5 or so min drive from the shopping centre. its a nice clean fresh hotel, prices are reasonable and you get continental breakfast - cant go wrong with that!

Jurys inn i looked at before, but it priced me out due to the fact that you have to pay to park - so as a car person - holiday inn express always tbe best for me. and they cool bathroom doors!

Jurys inn i looked at before, but it priced me out due to the fact that you have to pay to park - so as a car person - holiday inn express always tbe best for me. and they cool bathroom doors!

Out of curiosity, what prices have you been getting for holiday inn and jurys?

Holiday inn has always been £100 per night or more when ive looked, and jury's has always been £50 a night, and parking is only like £4-5 a day..

For hotels ive used while in mk, always used to stay in the travellodge, then for c11 stayed in jurys as was cheaper than travellodge, closer to the venue, and right next door to my favourite pub/bar :YAHOO:

For c12 though im staying in the holiday in, while yes the original cost is double that of jurys, ive got a special offer though work of 2 nights for the price of 1, so paying same as jurys, but much closer to the shopping center again :smile:

Edited by crippsy_99

pre paying at holiday inn express (the one about 7min drive from centre mk) - just checked and its £54 a room the cheapest. think you pay up front. £60 most exp.

it also says they've just re refurbed (didnt think it needed it!)

not stayed anywhere nearer.

I always stay at holiday inn express. i drive up to MK so its got free parking and is only a 5 or so min drive from the shopping centre. its a nice clean fresh hotel, prices are reasonable and you get continental breakfast - cant go wrong with that!

One time I stayed at holiday inn express, at 1 in the morning the noise from the aircon? system woke me up. It wasn't going off and was so annoying I asked to get moved and they did - put me in deluxe room without any whirring noise.

I posted about this in the travel,hotel section but as hardley anyone seems to post in there I will post it here too....

Im staying at a Trevel Lodge, it's not the nearest one to the shopping centre but for £15 and an upgrade to a family room (girls gota have her room) for no extra cost, I don't mind not being next to the shopping centre, especially if the money I save from not staying right next to the MK shopping centre can by me an extra autograph or two ;)

A 5-10min drive up the road, free parking spaces at the shopping centre and more money to spend on autos, what more do people want?

What could be better?

:P

LLAP :D

Long as you get there before the free parking space are gone. ;p

*is dirt cheap and will stay with parents, so bus into the centre*