Heroes - Season 2 - General News

DavidB

• Moderators

I'll be doing single episode topics once the new season starts, but for now use this topic for all news (casting etc) relating to Heroes - Season 2.

To start with, from DisneyDude:

Season 2 - US Premiere Date - 24th September!

Well, a few tidbits...

Kevin Smith is to write an direct an episode of Heroes: Origins...

Dana Davis will be playing a character called Monica, and Dania Ramirez will be playing 'Maya'.

Other recurring stars will be played by David Anders, Nick D’Agosto, Barry Shabaka Henley, Holt McCallany, Eriko Tamura, Lyndsy Fonseca and Dianna Agron. Nick D’Agosto is playing<highlight for spoiler> Claires new boyfriend <end spoiler>West.

Edited by Hellsbuttmonkey

Jessica Collins ( Lizzie Miller on ABC’s The Nine) just joined the cast of Heroes.

She’ll play the recurring role of Sophia that, according to the Hollywood Reporter, is a mysterious woman with unspecified powers that works for an organization in charge of tracking people with ’special abilities’.

I'd actually not realised September was next month :WINCE:

Awesome :(

You have to come on and discuss episodes :D

(Yes, even if it's just MILO! :P etc :P)

Pffft I'm not that shallow! I only obsess over people I think are good at what they do and are generally awesome! :unsure:

We can talk Heroes ALL WEEKEND :YAHOO:

I sat with Jay lag'aia (captain Typho) at Celebration Europe and he said he was in the next series "for a while" but wouldn't tell us whether he had a power or not, however his expression said he does.

He's also involved in the live action Star Wars series. - He wouldn't tell me anything about that apart from it was being filmed in Australia for 5 years!

Heroes Has New Villains

Tim Kring, creator and executive producer of NBC’s hit series Heroes, told journalists that the upcoming second season will introduce a few new bad guys. “There’s a couple new villains,†Kring said in a conference call on Aug. 2. “We’re doing 11 episodes in a row that start on Sept. 24. And somewhere in that run of episodes we’re going to introduce a very scary villain.â€

The main villain of the first season was Sylar, played by Zachary Quinto, a soft-spoken psychopath who could absorb the powers of others with special abilities by slashing open their brains. The show also featured Malcolm McDowell in an adversarial role as Linderman, an eccentric businessman with ambitions for world domination.

Kring said that season two’s villians will make last year’s look tame. Those who paid attention to the season finale already have a hint about one of them, he said.

“At the end of last season we gave in the season finale a premonition of someone who is a very scary villain out there, who has invaded the dreams and nightmares of this character on our show named Molly Walker, who can locate people just by thinking about them,†Kring said. “[We] teased the idea that there was another villain out there. And the audience can expect to see him somewhere in the first run of episodes.â€

Heroes returns for its second season on Sept. 24 and will air in the same timeslot, on NBC, Mondays at 9 p.m.

Source

Following on from Hellsbuttmonkeys' previous post :

Tim Kring's hailing frequency remains open to Star Trek crossovers. Having recruited George "Sulu" Takei to portray Hiro's father during Season 1, the Heroes creator has called upon Nichelle Nichols, aka USS Enterprise communications officer Lt. Uhura, to fill a short-term role. Nichols, an NBC spokesperson tells will be playing "Nana," the New Orleans-based grandmother of Monica the new hero being played by The Nine's Dana Davis.

• 3 weeks later...

I sat with Jay lag'aia (captain Typho) at Celebration Europe and he said he was in the next series "for a while" but wouldn't tell us whether he had a power or not, however his expression said he does.

He's also involved in the live action Star Wars series. - He wouldn't tell me anything about that apart from it was being filmed in Australia for 5 years!

interesting :D