Heroes: Merchandise News

DavidB

• Moderators

Firstly, some news from SDCC:

Universal Studios Consumer Products Group has announced its first partners in the company's Heroes licensing endeavor. DC Comics, Random House, Mezco Toyz, Topps, and others have signed on to create product based on the hit NBC show.

Publishing, trading cards, apparel, stationery/social expression, action figures, and an interactive game will all head-up the Heroes initiative. The products will be timed to appear on store shelves when the second season of the show kicks off on Sept. 24th, right after the release of the season one DVD set in late August.

"Heroes is an unbelievable breakout hit and one of the most popular series in NBC's history," says Cindy Chang, Vice President of Global Business Development, Universal Studios Consumer Products Group. "There is a dedicated fanbase out there who has proven through various online applications to have a strong hunger for Heroes beyond the TV screen, and this new merchandising program will provide them with a fulfilling Heroes experience."

Product will include:

- DC Comics will develop a hardcover compilation book of the popular online Heroes graphic novels currently available on NBC.com. The new book will also include the original Tim Sale artwork as seen on the show.

- Random House will introduce Saving Charlie, an original novel based on the characters Hiro and Charlie created by Tim Kring.

- Titan Publishing will launch the official Heroes magazine. A bi-monthly publication presented in comic book style, the magazine will "lift the lid on the lives of the stars of the show, from the actors and actresses to the back room special effects experts."

- Topps will release a full line of trading cards featuring the Heroes characters and in-depth episodic coverage. The trading card packs will also include randomly inserted one-of-a-kind rare cards such as autographs, hand-drawn artist sketches, and cards embedded with a piece of actual costume material worn on the show.

- WizKids Inc. will be adding Heroes into their HeroClix line, which already includes characters from the DC, Marvel, and Dark Horse universes.

- MeadWestvaco will introduce a 2008 calendar.

- Scorpio Posters will offer traditional wall posters.

- Changes will develop an officially licensed apparel line.

- Mezco Toyz will be responsible for developing toys and specialty product including collectible action figures, dioramas, and deluxe figures in a variety of scale sizes ranging from 3" to 18". Mezco's Heroes product will hit retail in early 2008.

- Universal Pictures Digital Platforms Group and Ubisoft are partnering to create an interactive videogame based on and inspired by the Heroes universe.

Additionally, international licenses have also been confirmed. GBEye Limited will launch a series of posters in the UK. Trademark will handle apparel in that territory and Danilo Promotions Ltd. will develop 2008 calendars for both the UK and Ireland. In Italy, Edibas Srl. will unveil a series of calendars, stickers, and photo albums later this year while partner ZigZag will launch posters in Germany during the same timeframe.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this elsewhere but i'll sy it here too.

I emailed GB posters about doing heroes posters and they said that they have loads of approved images and should start releasing prodcuts in the next few weeks. HMV will be the first highstreet retailer to stock them

• Moderators

Looking forward to seeing those!

LFACC's like a month away now, so wonder if they'll be available before then .. I've not got a poster signed before, but I might consider it for this.

Anyone know the best site to get a DVD from. I think it comes out on August the 28th, please correct me if wrong, so that should be plenty of time to get it here before LFACC providing I use the right site....

Any of the below any good?

Amazon

Play.com

sendit.com

Also does anyone know which is the cheapest site to go to? That goes for normal and HD/Blue ray versions.

Thanks in advance for your help... :borg:

;)

LLAP :thumbup:

• Moderators

It's only available Region 1 (US/Canada) on August 28th, so you'd probably need to import it to get a good price, and the time scale will be very tight. And be careful of import charges too.

The HD version is likely to be £15-20 more than the normal DVD from what I've seen.

You might be better off picking it up at the show itself.

Region 4 (Australia) is out September 7th, but is encoded for Region 2 as well so I'll be getting that.

Region 2 - Part 1 is out in October, and then the Complete Series in December.

Edited by DavidB

It's only available Region 1 (US/Canada) on August 28th, so you'd probably need to import it to get a good price, and the time scale will be very tight. And be careful of import charges too.

The HD version is likely to be ?15-20 more than the normal DVD from what I've seen.

You might be better off picking it up at the show itself.

Region 4 (Australia) is out September 7th, but is encoded for Region 2 as well so I'll be getting that.

Region 2 - Part 1 is out in October, and then the Complete Series in December.

I'm lucky because my DVD player can play all regions. If I new that I was definitely going to get a DVD box set of Heroes at LFACC (no matter what region it was) then I would wait and get it there, but can you guarantee I will get one at LFACC, unfortunately don't think anyone can.

Hmmm may have to think about this some more.

:blink:

LLAP Borg:

movietyme.com are doing the DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-Ray version. It's where i ordered mine from (HD-DVD for £45) They also tend to arrive a week before the street date (which is 28th) so i should get it within the next 2 weeks although that doesn't always happen.

Plus they AWLAYS mark the packages lower so they don't get hit by customs

movietyme.com are doing the DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-Ray version. It's where i ordered mine from (HD-DVD for £45) They also tend to arrive a week before the street date (which is 28th) so i should get it within the next 2 weeks although that doesn't always happen.

Plus they AWLAYS mark the packages lower so they don't get hit by customs

Never heard of them before, will add them to my list, thanks...

:blink:

LLAP :YAHOO:

Topps will release a full line of trading cards featuring the Heroes characters and in-depth episodic coverage. The trading card packs will also include randomly inserted one-of-a-kind rare cards such as autographs, hand-drawn artist sketches, and cards embedded with a piece of actual costume material worn on the show.

:D

But it's not a good news that trading cards will be producted by Topps... A poor website, never information about the cards before the release date, no guaranty for the randomly inserted bonus cards... Il would be better if Inkworks had been chosen... ;)

- DC Comics will develop a hardcover compilation book of the popular online Heroes graphic novels currently available on NBC.com. The new book will also include the original Tim Sale artwork as seen on the show.

and Ive read it will have new covers from famous comics artists Alex Ross et Jim Lee !

the book idea, Saving Charlie, is very good :D cant wait to read that and I want to colelct everything lol

also they will release a cellphone game...

1185476721.jpg

• Moderators

dc-in-november-2007-20070820012705229.jpg

Written by Aron Eli Coleite, Chuck Kim, Joe Pokaski, Oliver Grigsby, Pierluigi Cothran, Andrew Chambliss, Harrison Wilcox, Jesse Alexander, Christopher Zatta, Mark Warshaw and others

Art by Phil Jimenez, Michael Turner, Koi Turnbull, Marcus To, Peter Steigerwald, David Moran, Micah Gunnell, Travis Kotzebue, Jordan Kotzebue, Jason Badower, Staz Johnson, Steve Lejeune, Adam Archer, Mark Roslan and others

Covers by Jim Lee and Alex Ross

This stunning hardcover collects the amazing online comics based on the smash-hit, Emmy Award-nominated NBC show HEROES! This volume — featuring two stunning covers by comics legends Jim Lee and Alex Ross — also includes an introduction by Masi Oka (Hiro), all 34 chapters of Season One, and Tim Sale's artwork as seen on the show.

The comics included have been written and illustrated by some of comics' and television's top writers and artists, including Michael Turner, Phil Jimenez, Marcus To, and more!

Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers — one by Jim Lee and one by Alex Ross — that are separately orderable. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.

Retro-solicited; on sale October 24 - 240 pg, FC, $29.99 US

Comic stuff is usually a similar release date over here.

Edited by DavidB

My Heroes season 1 HD-DVD boxset was shipped today from movietyme :WAVE: should recieve it on Saturday meaning i bag it a week befre the official release in the US.

From a few people i know who ordered elsewhere and have recieved theirs, the box set is amazing and is one of the best pictures seen on HD-DVD.

• 2 weeks later...