Guest Cancellation - Mary McDonnell

showmasters

• Moderators

I wouldn't worry about 'suggesting' her for a future event - after all, Showmasters got her for this one, so they'll just work with her to appear whenever a future event works with her schedule ^_^

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldn't worry about 'suggesting' her for a future event - after all, Showmasters got her for this one, so they'll just work with her to appear whenever a future event works with her schedule
Yeah and Mary does seem very much a people person, she loves the fans, so Im hoping she will try to get over to another one to make up for this. Though its not her fault, filming is filming!

What!

First chance of meeting someone from BSG and they cancell!!!

Why oh why

But try to get someone else from BSG like Katte would be so great or Jamie?

I second that! Jamie Bamber or James Callis, maybe?? They're both from the UK!

I wouldn't worry about 'suggesting' her for a future event - after all, Showmasters got her for this one, so they'll just work with her to appear whenever a future event works with her schedule :firedevil:

True, but it can't hurt at any rate. :)

nice try, dude, that was quick!

Better to have this much notice though, than to be stuck like with Torri last year, when the cancellation was announced only six days before the con, eh?

Just hope they're looking for a good replacement *crosses fingers*

Well that was a short time between the announcement and cancellation of a guest! Definitely won't be going. It's not worth it now going down to London to see just two guests.

thats sad. i was looking forward to meeting her and asking about her committment to sparkle motion!

Awww yeah me too :smile: I've never met anyone from Donnie Darko (I don't think anyway!), and it's my favourite movie so I was quite excited :D

This is off-topic but I've been meaning to ask these couple of questions - are you a member of Showmasters David, and how did you get up to 70,000+ posts?! A while ago now I'm sure I saw on here that you had between 20,000 and 30,000 posts. You certainly post a lot here!

• Moderators

That's fine. I'm not a member of Showmasters - I've just moderated this forum for them for like 3 years now - firstly the event sections a while ago, and now General Chat and other ones, as well as crewing at the events too about the same length of time :smile:

And yes, I do post a lot .. now it tends to be more answering questions, posting info in the sections I moderate etc .. I used to post a lot in Games but not anymore. It's weird how quickly peoples post counts go up in there if you look!

thats sad. i was looking forward to meeting her and asking about her committment to sparkle motion!

Awww yeah me too :cylon: I've never met anyone from Donnie Darko (I don't think anyway!), and it's my favourite movie so I was quite excited :cylon:

Almost ditto - Donnie Darko is a truly superb film and to have the chance to meet one of the main supporting cast was something I was looking forward to. Hopefully SM will bring her to another event.

What!

Why oh why

Where have you been? Had your head in the sand or something, BSG actors and actresses have been over for the past 3 years. Several of them are in town next weekend for a birthday party/convention :o and showmasters have had some in the past at their signing events. :D

My vote would be for Edward James Olmas. :D

What!

Why oh why

Where have you been? Had your head in the sand or something, BSG actors and actresses have been over for the past 3 years. Several of them are in town next weekend for a birthday party/convention :YAHOO: and showmasters have had some in the past at their signing events. :dance:

My vote would be for Edward James Olmas. :drunk:

Yeah I have lol I never knew about London comic con and others untill late last year after it all happened lol so I want BSG people to come so I can meet them as I missed out last time lol.

I know about that thing next week, but its too expensive for me and there not really the people I want to meet from the show.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo,She was the ONLY reason I was going too,and ive been rushing around trying to get my battlestar galactica, colonial warrior uniform ready to wear down there aswell,not a happy bunny now.dont think i will bother going now.There must be somone from new or old BsG that can attend one of the shows this year,i cant wait till next year man,i will go mad lol.

Several of them are in town next weekend for a birthday party/convention ,,,,,,,,,,,Wears that at then, when and whos going to be there anyone know? is there a web site i can look at for it? Help help

Edited by bendogy

Ok this sucks.....

On the other hand it will save me loads of cash as I probably won't bother going now (and thus spending more on other peeps as well).

However, if a certain Admiral would show up...

Or a Tricia Helfer, Michael Hogan or basically anyone from BSG