For those going Sunday

sazzra

Don't bust a gut trying to get there before the doors open - I've been there since 9.30 this morning, and have seen more of Lisa Scott Lee around the toilets in John Lewis than I did at her table! It's been very, very quiet - the biggest 'queue' I saw was three blokes with cameras talking to the Cheeky Girls.

Have a lie in and get there for 11 :P

Edited by sazzra

'Was it good?' is a question I can't answer as I wasn't there for any of the guests, I went purely to meet up with a friend. My post is just meant as friendly advice to those who were planning to get up at bird fart!

And avoid the big bloke in the blue shirt who randomly stops you in the middle of the centre to tell you all about the Cheeky Girls :thumbup:

Actually, thinking about it, I seem to have a habit of bumping into guests in that bit outside the toilets. Should I be scared by this? :thumbup::P

It'd be pretty rude to ask for anything when they're on breaks etc if that's what you mean.

'Was it good?' is a question I can't answer as I wasn't there for any of the guests, I went purely to meet up with a friend. My post is just meant as friendly advice to those who were planning to get up at bird fart!

And avoid the big bloke in the blue shirt who randomly stops you in the middle of the centre to tell you all about the Cheeky Girls :thumbup:

Actually, thinking about it, I seem to have a habit of bumping into guests in that bit outside the toilets. Should I be scared by this? :thumbup::P

lmaooooooo, yeah you should be!!

I was there today - got there at 9am (more fool me) - It was extremely quiet, guests didn't turn up til much later. Was there to meet the cheeky girls (I wasn't that big bloke in the blue shirt) and Lisa Scott Lee (who was extremely late (prob cause she spent all of her time in John Lewis' toilets)

All the guests were extremely talkable - posing for photos etc. And there was sooooo much SPACE compared to Collectormania. The photo sessions weren't overly over-subscribed.

It was great today, although I do admit, me getting there 10.45 was way too early. All the guests were lovely- I met bradley, 911, 5, lisa and H, and they were all great, talkative, and posed for piccies- 911 and H were soo lovely and sweet! And J from 5 is as yummy as ever :D

I was quiet! I saw J and he seemed friendly. the 2 5ive guys (not richie) were really quite pretty.

Sunglasses would be good while approcing the cheeky girls.

I saw Lisa Scott Lee in John lewis toilets at about 4pm and H was waiting on chairs outside for her...i smiled at him but he ignored me!

Here some of my pics, I know they are not great but I felt a wee bit silly standing there when they had no queue just to take their pic.

Taken at about 2:15pm from John Lewis Cafe' :P

MM3.jpg

MM1.jpg

MM2.jpg

CheekyGirls.jpg

Yay! Cheeky Girls!

Jason.jpg

J

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e386/Lai.../Music%20Mania/

Few more on here, not many though so dont get too excited :D

Elaine x

Yeah it was quiet today. Sooo not what I'm used to at these things!

At least you knew it would be ok to stand there and have a long chat with the guests without worrying about holding up a queue of ppl behind you!

Met Five, Lisa, H, Bradley and Dane and all were lovely to talk to and have pix with. Was a nice relaxed atmosphere. They obv all know each other from back in the day lol so it was like one big pop band reunion!

xxxx

What about Toyah? Nobody has mentioned the beautiful, friendly Toyah Wilcox!

I got to the MK centre at around 11am and the first person I met was Toyah. She was so sweet and friendly and spent ages talking to me about my dress! (It was a 70s maxi dress and she wanted to know where I got it and said she remembered them in the 70s etc)

Then a while later I was having a Milkshake in the cafe in John Lewis and I had her autograph on the table beside me coz stupidly I forgot to take a folder with me :D I felt a tap on my shoulder and it was Toyah on her way to the loo. She laughed and said "Hey nice picture!" I nearly choked on my milkshake! :lol:

She was such a nice, down to earth lady. I'd definitely recommend meeting her coz even if you're not a fan, you will be after five minutes of talking to her! :P

oh my god, it looks SO much quieter than collectormania, that time and you wouldn't be able to budge, yet alone walk around feely! lol

i'm getting there for 10 as that's when it's mean to kick off, just incase today is busier than yesterday, can't wait to meet alvin again, mum's got her cassette with him on from the 70's for him to sign lol bless her

Toyah sounds lovely.....not meaning to sound rude, but sometimes the older guests (toyah, alvin) are sooooo nice and have sooooo much time for people

Hehe Elaine- my bf and I are in your 1st and 3rd pics!!! We were at the mspg stall... on the 3rd we're at the left edge in the middle- you can see him and just about me behind lol!

Went today and when i say it was quiet i mean it was frakkin quieeeeeeeet, Not just the emptiest con i've ever seen but the emptiest i've ever seen milton keynes, where was everbody? Literally all the guests never had more than one person meeting em and there didn't seem to be many people walking around either. It was freaky as it felt like collectormania only afte a bomb had gone off or something. Still had myself a good time although i was pissed off to the max as i was going to buy at least 3 region dvds that i saw only when i returned to the stall 20 minutes later the matey had taken all the region 1 dvds and done the off, what the hell? it was only 1 o'clock and he left with all the goods, wouldn't have been that bad but i was there when the guy was packing em but thought he was putting new ones out (like they normally do) so said to the person i was with that we should get lunch then come back. what a biatch

Edited by Rev_Bem