Too many Star Wars guests?

zebredy

• Moderators

No-one thought Burt Reynolds would appear at something like LFACC surely?

I'm not necessarily comparing the two, but unless an actor specifically comes out with I'M NOT DOING CONS, then people are always going to dream. There's no harm in that.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to be a party-pooper but Burt Reynolds was a bankrupt fading star (that no one previously asked for) while Ford has never lost it and is currently filming for a role as one of the most famous and popular film characters for the most successful director of this generation.

Those signed Topps, Millenium Falcon and posters thing he did for Derek Maki was a mail order thing only, nobody actually got to meet him and it was very expensive and available to limited numbers and some of it went to charity.

From the SM Welcome thread:

please try and keep your suggestions semi-realistic. We'd all love to meet the likes of Tom Cruise and Harrison Ford as well, but it's not really likely in the near future!
I'm just waiting now for someone to say, "ah-hah, but it says not likely in the NEAR FUTURE!!" Edited by nicky

Somone has already stated somewhere that Harrison Ford has purposely priced himself out as being able to attend events. He'd want £200 or so an auto.

The only chance i ever think of people getting his auto is luck at film premiers or waitig for Derek Malki to get another Private signing with him. Only then Harrison will sign something like 5 star wars and 5 Indiana Jones posters and they will be sold at $500-$600 a time.

For LFCC I think we are looking at someone who is within the star wars circuit but a rare signer all the same like Jake Llloyd or Mark Hamill

the longer they leave it quite possibly less and less people will know im guessing...imagine checking the forums the night before having harrison ford announced :poki:

You wish...

Actually even though he doesn't have any SW autos, my fiance would certainly be up for meeting him.

Stranger things have happend, you never now (oh who am I trying to kid)

:thumbup:

LLAP :hathor:

...imagine checking the forums the night before having harrison ford announced :poki:
Bro, it's been said before but Ford will NEVER attend a con like this.

im gutted because a few months back him and Ally McBeal were on a river boat in the next village from mine! bit random :borg:

Somone has already stated somewhere that Harrison Ford has purposely priced himself out as being able to attend events. He'd want £200 or so an auto.
He got paid $25 million + 20% of the film's profit for his role in K-19: The Widowmaker.

Just imagine how much he'd want from SM

hi guys,

I just want to say that I am a collector too, and if I thought that a guest was not who he said he was in the film I would go to the police as this would be fraud. Anybody trying this on is well out of order, and apart from the deceiving fans they would also be destroying any multi-signed items they autographed. So be assured that I would take very strong action against anybody trying this on at one of my shows.

I decided this year to go out and track down the Star Wars actors that people have been unable to find, and thanks to Graham, Mike and Dean we have been very succesful. Some of you may think "oh no, not another one", but I just want to say that most of these guests are getting older and most of them will only do one event. Remember, once upon a time people said this about Michael Sheard and John Hollis, and now sadly thay have pased on. Now there are many people out there who wished they could have see them. It's all a matter of time and opportunity.

So if you are ever going to care about meeting them then this is the time and the opportunity. Of course, if you do not care that's fine, but let those who do care be allowed to have these opportunities. The show is for everyone.

This year is a special year for Star Wars, and to spend it remembering the unknown and unacknowledged

people that helped make it happen is the right thing to do. And they enjoy themselves so much for one day talking to fans who appreciate the old stories thay have to tell and the contributions they made.

Well that's just my thoughts. I hope all of you have a good time.

Jason Joiner

Star Wars fan :D

ps and the big guest we are still working on it its not dead :D

so we will see

jason

Come on who the hell is it , the suspence is killing me ,

Come on who the hell is it , the suspence is killing me ,
Calm down, man. They need confirmation first and not annoy a load of people by getting their hopes up for nothing if they cancel (and with a big guest that is likely). Edited by nicky

Do people still think this is going to happen now?

You know what i dont think it is darth,

And that's the exact reason why the big guest hasnt been announced...(ie. cos it might not happen).

Christ Nicky , lighten up , most of what i wright on here is very light hearted ,but people like you tend to get very serious about it . Let me give you a bit of advise, hire out Family Guy,or Fawlty Towers, Unlearn your present sense of humour and learn yourself a new one. Other than that if your pleasuring one of the organisers at the present time, keep sucking and you might get a free autograph at CC

You know what Nicky, ive had a good look back through all this thread and their is not a positive word comes from you. Your always shouting somebody down or putting their hopes or idea,s into touch , are you that sad that the only way that you feel good about yourself is to scupper other peoples. This forum i am sure was set up to have a laugh on ,lighthearted chat. GO TAKE SOME PROZAC. p.s I know my spelling isnt that great .

if your pleasuring one of the organisers at the present time, keep sucking and you might get a free autograph at CC
Nicto, relax, man. I realise you're upset to see the big guest hasn't been announced yet and that you fear it's a "wild goose chase" but the reason I gave for SM not telling us the identity of the guest is very likely accurate as it makes sense and most people would agree on that.

• Moderators

There's really no point in anyone asking who the big guest is in this topic - as most of you know and have said, it'll be announced as normal IF they're attending :(

I know people are excited/impatient etc, but there are many guests that just don't work out. If this one does then great, but if not then well there's like a million others at this event luckily lol

But yeah, it's not worth arguments over! :chair: