LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - Andie Tong

• Showmasters Admin

We are please to announce that Andie Tong will be attending London Film and Comic Con, where he will be sketching for fans in the Comics section.

Andie’s comic industry work includes sequentials for the titles Spectacular Spiderman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Masters of the Universe, Starship Troopers and Noble Causes, plus pin ups and covers for Blade of the Immortal, Bloodrayne and Twilight Men.

In 2000, Andie began production of a co-created 70 page graphic novel, ‘The Architect’ with Eisner Award winning author, Mike Baron, which was published online through Big Head Press in 2006 and will hit store shelves in August 2007.

Besides working for Panini, Marvel, Darkhorse, Mirage Studios, Image, Markosia, MV Creations and Crossgen Comics, Andie has also done commercial work for DC, Nike, Mforma, Universal, CBS, Mattel, Hasbro’s Duelmasters game and illustrations for Whitewolf’s “Exalted†fantasy gaming books.

Andie is the current regular artist for Spectacular Spiderman UK published through Panini, the official licensed distributor of Marvel comics in UK.

(Above bio taken from Andy's website, http://deemonproductions.com/)

specpsidey_149_00_color.jpg

BRAYNE_RAGE_CVR_A.jpg

trailertron_color.jpg

Andie rocks!

dont be affraid to get a sketch or art piece from him, its worth every penny. I know Ill ask again! and I need the 2007 sketchbook ;)

SM, u should get artists like him to do an exclusive print/poster for each London Film and COMICS con :WAVE: or a cover programme, what do u think? :WINCE:

:hathor: andie is great! was awesome to talk to. i ended up getting a gambit picture off him last year, its now framed in my room. great thing was when i forgot it andie was kind enough to post it direct to me after i got in touch through his website! awesome guy and i'll definately be getting another picture this time round

• 5 weeks later...

hey thanks everyone for the warmest of welcomes. truly appreciate it. i look forward to all the new challenges u have in store for me. however i'm not doing a list this year. it will be 'draw while u wait scenario'. i just found it to be too stressful trying to make sure i finish everyone on the list before the con ends. i end up becoming unsocialble having my head down pencil on paper. cons i suppose to be fun!! :thumbup: hope that's cool.

hey fry, sketches will be £10 for A4 and £25 for A3. i've unfortunaley scraped the £5 A4 head to chest sketch as it proved unpopular. :) looking fwd to this weekend. :P

How much would he generally charge for a sketch?

Edited by andie

hey thanks everyone for the warmest of welcomes. truly appreciate it. i look forward to all the new challenges u have in store for me. however i'm not doing a list this year. it will be 'draw while u wait scenario'. i just found it to be too stressful trying to make sure i finish everyone on the list before the con ends. i end up becoming unsocialble having my head down pencil on paper. cons i suppose to be fun!! :P hope that's cool.

hey fry, sketches will be £10 for A4 and £25 for A3. i've unfortunaley scraped the £5 A4 head to chest sketch as it proved unpopular. :) looking fwd to this weekend. :P

Hey Andie,

I'll think up a new challenge for you, definately! I'm going both days but you know the first thing I'm gonna do is go straight to you come 11am on Saturday, hahaha!! "Draw while you wait" sounds good, we can have a nice long chat like we did when I was working at Orbital Manga :cylon:

The Ms Marvel head to chest sketch you did for me last year was the best thing I got, still well protected, shame you no longer do those, think I'll have to make the challenge harder, hehehe. I also need to pick up your new sketchbook, how much do they cost?

:thumbup:

Hmmm, Andie - would it be pushing it for you to draw 2 characters in a while you wait sketch? And if that would be OK, what would that cost?

Hope you get to enjoy the show more this year - must be a shame to be there but not really see anything/one.

Hey Andie,

I'll think up a new challenge for you, definately! I'm going both days but you know the first thing I'm gonna do is go straight to you come 11am on Saturday, hahaha!! "Draw while you wait" sounds good, we can have a nice long chat like we did when I was working at Orbital Manga :P

The Ms Marvel head to chest sketch you did for me last year was the best thing I got, still well protected, shame you no longer do those, think I'll have to make the challenge harder, hehehe. I also need to pick up your new sketchbook, how much do they cost?

:P

hey yik, looking fwd to catching up. i popped into the shop the other day. i think that was the first time i haven't seen u in the shop. this sketchbook unfortunately it's a tad more expensive. £10.

Hmmm, Andie - would it be pushing it for you to draw 2 characters in a while you wait sketch? And if that would be OK, what would that cost?

Hope you get to enjoy the show more this year - must be a shame to be there but not really see anything/one.

hey fray101, yea, should be ok. first come first serve basis. it would be £10 plus £10. so £20. as it's already considerably reduced compared to if u were to hire me for a commission at my normal rates, the con rates are a bargain!!! :D

yep, hope so too!

Hey Andie it's Paul again ;)

Looking forward to seeing you and your work again mate, I'll be there both days (not geared up this time!) so see you at the weekend!

hey mate, thought u might be back. since a certain 'hero' is signing. see u over the weekend.

Edited by andie

Feel free to show your sketches here please :wub:

and Ive just read this on his blog:

i normally get a photo of the sketch just for my folio but my camera wasn't working properly the whole weekend. so if u're reading this and if i managed to get a sketch done for u, i would be grateful if u could please possibly scan and send it to my email. a thousand thanks!! :D