Photo Suggestions

Cultman

Hi all

I went to my first Collectormania (11) this year. Although I thought the photo sessions are a great idea, which I took part in. I did think that there was a lot of room for improvement with them.

The timing seemed to cause massive queues, I waited over 2 hours most of which was after the time stated for the photo session, I appreciate that there will be queues but most were caused by earlier photo sessions not being completed in time.

I appreciate it would mean having a second photographer but it would have been a good idea to have had a reserve photo station should those massive queues arise.

The time the photo took to be printed was also very long. I had my photo taken with Avery Brooks, I was approximately 4th in the queue. My girlfriend had her photo taken with Brendan Ruth before my photo had been taken. We then waited for around 2 hours until the people packed up. We both had to return on the next day which is a 200 mile round trip. We know we could have had the photos sent however we didn't want to risk it based on a description.

I also thought that the picture would have looked much better if it had been taken in portrait and not landscape, as both mine and my girlfriends pictures were mostly background.

My final suggestions is that maybe the photos could also be emailed to customers, email addresses could be tied to the photos numbers. I suggest this as I have a book of my signatures and like to have a small photo of myself with the person, which could be printed out by myself at a later date.

I know it sounds like I am complaining a lot, my girlfriend and I did have a great couple of days for the most part, we just thought that there was some room for improvement.

We are both planning on attending Collectormania 12 and hope to have a great time again, and are both excited about the guests already lined up.

Edited by Cultman

This is a suggestion that ive been meaning to make for long time, but especially after the last MK event.

Ive always thought that the photo sessions could have been handled better, and one main suggestion is to have it done the way that the very 1st session with Elijah Wood was (supposed to be) done, with the coloured tickets.

Considering I was standing in the queue for at least an hour and a half for Brandon Routh, and LFCC could very well end up being the same for the likes of Dom. It's very worrying as this is only a 2 day event, and there are at least 15 guests I want to meet, to think that I could be standing in a queue for the same length of time for him(I also want about 5 other Photo Sessions as well)

One major problem ive found(and tends to be very irritating) is that fans start queing for photos and talks upto an hour and a half before the photo or talk. This in turn causes people to worry there will be a big queue and join, making it even bigger, so if you want a good place in the queue, you have to start queing an hour early. One of the best things about SM shows are the virtual tickets for guests, and I think this would prove to be very effective for the more A List celebs doing photos, and then for example, they can announce numbers 1-50, 50-100 and so on.

Another thing that could simply be done, is to place a crew member where the Photo Session queue begins, and if people start queing up an hour before it, then they could just tell them that the photo is not for another hour, and to come back nearer the time.

Edited by JacknDaniel