Book 7... NO SPIOLERS!

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Ok, the press have already started with the speculation and hype about book 7 (a fifth of HP fans will skip straight to the back page?! Pfft!), so it's time to bury myself under a rock for the next week.

HBP was ruined for my by all the revelations about who dies, to the extent that it had no emotional impact at all. In fact I spent the whole time reading the book trying to guess when it was going to happen! Just because some sad, selfish bstd decides to spoil it for everyone else by scrawling the ending on a banner and hanging it from a motorway bridge doesn't mean it's ok to tell everyone what it said when you report it!!! And printing the odds that various bookies are giving this or that character doesn't help either!

So, no more news channels, papers, radio, HP forums and definitely no Yahoo or Google front pages for me!

Rant over.

Andrea

*sits with fingers in ears humming tunelessly*

Ok, the press have already started with the speculation and hype about book 7 (a fifth of HP fans will skip straight to the back page?! Pfft!), so it's time to bury myself under a rock for the next week.

HBP was ruined for my by all the revelations about who dies, to the extent that it had no emotional impact at all. In fact I spent the whole time reading the book trying to guess when it was going to happen! Just because some sad, selfish bstd decides to spoil it for everyone else by scrawling the ending on a banner and hanging it from a motorway bridge doesn't mean it's ok to tell everyone what it said when you report it!!! And printing the odds that various bookies are giving this or that character doesn't help either!

So, no more news channels, papers, radio, HP forums and definitely no Yahoo or Google front pages for me!

Rant over.

Andrea

*sits with fingers in ears humming tunelessly*

I am in the same boat I hate being told what happens in a book before i have even started reading it

• Showmasters Admin

My biggest fear at the moment is some twonk at the midnight opening going straight to the end of the book and then shouting it out! Guess that's why we're trying to get to the front of the queue!

Andrea

PS. SPIOLERS!?! My typing's getting worse!

I know how you feel - someone ruined OOTP for me by telling me who died I was soo angry with them!

I really don't want this one runied for me but I work in a book shop and I have to work next saturday I can't get the day off!! I'm dreading someone yelling out what happens or just talking about it in general.

My biggest fear at the moment is some twonk at the midnight opening going straight to the end of the book and then shouting it out! Guess that's why we're trying to get to the front of the queue!

Andrea

Thats my fear

Im new to the potter books, i only stated reading them last august so spoilers didnt bother me, but now they do :angry: i got to work at 12noon after the opening and im scared someone is going to be talking about it!

Has anyone else ordered it from Waterstones and got it for only £8.99 with a £3 deposit ? :angry:

I'm not going to queue at midnight.. i'll pop down the following morning, the main rush seems to be over by then and any morons that may spoil the ending will have sloped off home by then.

Has anyone else ordered it from Waterstones and got it for only £8.99 with a £3 deposit ? :YAHOO:

I'm not going to queue at midnight.. i'll pop down the following morning, the main rush seems to be over by then and any morons that may spoil the ending will have sloped off home by then.

I did that, at the Walsall branch! not sure about going at the midnight opening...I guess I'll go the next day as well, but I wouldn't mind having a look at the Q!

Edited by wyrdsister

I ordered mine from Amazon (£8.99 +£3.75 postage :YAHOO: ), mainly to avoid the chance of idiots in the shops. I wasn't, however, planning on potential post strikes (they say at the moment there won't be one, but...)

German mail has hired extra temporary mailmen for Saturday after Amazon gave out the "you got the book for breakfast (10.30 AM at the latest) or it's free" guarantee. :YAHOO:

Another German online store has even offered midnight delivery. But if I had opted for that, my boyfriend would have been seriously unhappy. *g*

German mail has hired extra temporary mailmen for Saturday after Amazon gave out the "you got the book for breakfast (10.30 AM at the latest) or it's free" guarantee.:YAHOO:

Another German online store has even offered midnight delivery. But if I had opted for that, my boyfriend would have been seriously unhappy. *g*

And this is why I love Germany :dance: Mine should turn up sometime on Saturday, usually about 12.00, but there have been mail delivery strikes for the past few Fridays/Saturdays, and Amazon UK have made no guarantees at all :dance: Part of me is now wondering whether to cancel the order and do a mdnight instead

German mail has hired extra temporary mailmen for Saturday after Amazon gave out the "you got the book for breakfast (10.30 AM at the latest) or it's free" guarantee.:firedevil:

And this is why I love Germany :dance: Mine should turn up sometime on Saturday, usually about 12.00, but there have been mail delivery strikes for the past few Fridays/Saturdays, and Amazon UK have made no guarantees at all :YAHOO: Part of me is now wondering whether to cancel the order and do a mdnight instead

Do a midnight! if not i'll text your unning commentry of the Barnsley midnight :dance: why wait you could have read it all by noon!

Andrea

That's why Ipods were invented!!!

Unfortunately, I can't run off home when I get mine, I'm working for waterstones for this release too! (At least it looks good on the CV...)

I wonder if I can add a new filter to my browser.... {if{pagetitle}=harrypotterending/harrypotterspoiler(not includin nospoiler)then RUNAWAY FROM THE PAGE!} You reckon my browser will know what I mean? ;-)

B.

German mail has hired extra temporary mailmen for Saturday after Amazon gave out the "you got the book for breakfast (10.30 AM at the latest) or it's free" guarantee.:firedevil:

And this is why I love Germany :dance: Mine should turn up sometime on Saturday, usually about 12.00, but there have been mail delivery strikes for the past few Fridays/Saturdays, and Amazon UK have made no guarantees at all :YAHOO: Part of me is now wondering whether to cancel the order and do a mdnight instead

Do a midnight! if not i'll text your unning commentry of the Barnsley midnight :P why wait you could have read it all by noon!

If I get it at 12.00, I'll have done the first read by about 6.00 anyway (I'm speedy, me!). And text me all you want - I'll turn the phone off at 11 just to make sure :dance:

Andrea

No-one, and I repeat, NO-ONE will do that! Because if they do they will feel my wrath! And I'm pretty sure all of ours! We'll be at the front, get it and get out! haha.

• Showmasters Admin

It would make a good story for the papers the next day though...

"Local boy beaten to a pulp by enraged group of fans dressed in Hogwarts uniforms"

"Deranged, red-haired Gryffindor student Simone gave us an exclusive interview fom her cell... "Well, he had it coming to him. Besides that Slytherin kid, Davey, made me do it!"

:YAHOO:

Just to pre-warn a few people...

Harry Potter fans hoping to buy the final book from Asda on Saturday may be left disappointed after publisher Bloomsbury cancelled its order of 500,000 copies.

Bloomsbury is embroiled in a row with the supermarket group over claims about payment.

Asda says the publisher is angry over its plans to sell Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows for £8.87 against the recommended retail price of £17.99.

Bloomsbury denies this, instead claiming Asda owes it money.

But Asda accused Bloomsbury of "attempting to hold children to ransom" by hiking up the RRP of the seventh and final instalment of JK Rowling's magical series.

Asda spokesman Peter Pritchard accused Bloomsbury of "blatant profiteering".

Asda said the first in the series, Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone, had an RRP of £11.99 in 1997 and the sixth book, Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince, was published in 2005 for £16.99.

Bloomsbury's marketing director Minna Fry later said that the dispute was nothing to do with Asda's criticism or pricing policy.

"It's to do with the fact that they owe us money and haven't settled their bills," she explained

Edited by DisneyDude78

I am buying my book with headphones turned up to maximum so that I can't hear the morons.

I must say that the true fans have hit back by chucking up millions of rumours to counter the bookies etc spoiling it. Good on us!!!

P.S. The butler did it. but don't tell anyone...He! He! Also, they wake up and it is all a dream..Oh no, that was Dallas...Bobby Ewing is Voldermort!

Certainally I hate people who like to spoil it for others. Luckerly for the HBP I had already guessed by the time someone had decided to hang a huge sign over the M6. If it happens again they will feel the wrath of the Malfoy.

I now have a copy saved at the Manchester branch of Waterstones for £8.99. I'm not sure if I'll attend the midnight release. Or if I do will I be in my Malfoy finery.

Andrea

Apparently that happened alot around the London area for HBP. I won't be responsible for my actions if anyone ruins it for me at midnight! I have planned nothing for the following day, just reading Potter before any so and so can spoil it. It must be non Potter fans that do this kind of thing and thinks its funny!

I'm going to our local Smiths at midnight as they are the only ones that are opening where I live. I'm going to have my ipod on very loud. The last book was the first time I got into the whole queuing up thing and I had to work the next day, so I read it there and I put my book down for 5 minutes and someone flicked through it and told me who died, I was fuming and chased him around our store!

At least this time, I'm going on holiday on Saturday and Ive told everyone that if they tell me what happens they will die a slow painful death!