Order of the Phoenix - Movie

pippinweasley

I quite enjoyed it, but I do think it was a terrible adaptation. I would imagine that some parts would be quite difficult to understand if you hadn't read the books!

The whole sequence at the Ministry of Magic was VERY disappointing! OOTP is one of my favourite books and this part should have been totally awesome...instead it felt rushed, confusing and a bit of a mess. The wizard duel was cool but nowhere near good enough!

Of course there were some bits that were great (Umbridge, Bellatrix, Weasley twins, Thestrals, Patronuses etc.) but yes, there was something missing...probably about another hour's worth of footage to be honest!

Oh, and I didn't really like Grawp or the Centaurs either. LOL I am fussy!

I need to see it again. Maybe it'll be better second time 'round...

LOL - you're not fussy! ;) Frankly, the movie was a mess, with some redeeming features like the things you mentioned, but not really up to the standards of the other movies.

I'll be seeing it again soon, to see if it grows on me - like fungus lol :unsure:

As a film------excellent

As an adaptation------missing stuff

Marks: 9.9 out of 10

I have to agree.

I feel that its better to view the two mediums separately. The film in it's own right is great, and they were never gonna please all the book fans because they have no choice but to leave LOADS out. It's a good job we all have good imaginations and can fill in the blanks on our own when we read the book. I personally would have preferred less Grawp and more about Dumbledores fear of his link with Harry. I hope that this film evolves into the first Harry Potter Extended Version! :D

Edited by liamsgirl