Smallville Season 7 - US PACE - Spoilers

DavidB

• Moderators

Thought I'd start this as news is starting to filter through now.

The main piece is the casting of Kara Zor-El, aka Supergirl:

Kara Zor-El, Clark's biological cousin, will be introduced in the season 7 premiere. She will appear in approximately half of the season's episodes. According to Gough and Millar, she was sent to look after Kal-El (Clark), but was stuck in suspended animation for sixteen years. When the dam broke in the season 6 finale, "Phantom", it set her free. She will have all of Clark's abilities, as well as a few that he doesn't have at the moment, including the ability to fly.[50] Gough has also stated that she will not wear any version of the Supergirl costume.[51] On July 6, 2007, TV Guide annouced that Michael Cassidy was cast as the new editor of the Daily Planet. He will appear in at least six episodes of season 7, and will act as a new love interest for Lois Lane.[52] On July 11, 2007, it was announced that Canadian actress Laura Vandervoort was cast as Kara.[53]

And this is her:

supergirlsvtb4.jpg

IMDB Photo Gallery

I'm not complaining :smile:

And the Smallville Season Six dvd boxset will be out in America on Sept 18th, and Australia on Oct 8th, with no official UK release date quite yet.

170px-Smallville_season_6_DVD.jpg

- Deleted Scenes

- "The Oliver Queen Chronicles" Promo mobisodes

- "Smallville: The Ultimate Fans"

- "The Making of The Oliver Queen Chronicles"

- "Smallville Content Wraps"

- "Green Arrow: The History of the Emerald Archer"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dean Cain has been announced for episode 4 of S7 now

His Character name is Curtis Knox.

I like the way that they are using people from other incarnations of the Superman mythos to appear as characters in Smallville.

It's also great that people such as Annette, Terence, Christopher and Margot are and were good enough to make a return to the Superman mythos.

Season Premiere 27th Spetember !!

Season 7 Promo poster revealed at Comic-Con last week

season7poster.jpg

Dean Cain has been announced for episode 4 of S7 now

His Character name is Curtis Knox.

I like the way that they are using people from other incarnations of the Superman mythos to appear as characters in Smallville.

It's also great that people such as Annette, Terence, Christopher and Margot are and were good enough to make a return to the Superman mythos.

Also on the cards..

A new interview on the Newsday website contains some very interesting tidbits and comments from Helen Slater, the actress who played Supergirl in the 1984 movie of the same year.

Most notable in this article was this: "Smallville's producers are looking to bring me back, as Supergirl's aunt," Slater says. Now... either Clark Kent has an Earth-bound aunt that we don't know about, or we may be seeing Lara, Clark's mother from the planet Krypton.

As usual, no announcements have been made from The Powers That Be, so this one's sticking at Rumorville for now.

Also in the Newsday article, Ms. Slater talks about her movie, and how she hopes Smallville does a better job with Kara Zor-El. "The character was just a female replica of Superman, so [it] never made a viable story," Slater says. "It didn't really tap into what Supergirl was experiencing. Hopefully Smallville gets it right."

Edited by DisneyDude78

Finally confirmed...

Former Supergirl star Helen Slater has signed on to appear on Smallville.

Slater will play the aunt of the show's recently cast Supergirl (Laura Vandervoort).

Slater will appear in the sixth episode of the upcoming season, two weeks after ex-Superman Dean Cain is scheduled to appear.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just had a marathon back to back episodes of Season 6 the other day and i am looking forward to season 7.

I could not believe what happened at the end of the finale.

I just hope that CK, runs down the street, rips open his shirt and reveals the Superman Suit and goes up up and away at super speed, now that would be a great finish to a great show.

The Supergirl looks HOT, yummy :unsure:

Edited by BluebizzieB

I have just had a marathon back to back episodes of Season 6 the other day and i am looking forward to season 7.

I could not believe what happened at the end of the finale.

I just hope that CK, runs down the street, rips open his shirt and reveals the Superman Suit and goes up up and away at super speed, now that would be a great finish to a great show.

The Supergirl looks HOT, yummy :thumbup:

Hopefully. But it's well known Season 8 will be the final season and the running rumour at this moment is that in the very final episode we WILL see the suit.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the S7 premier episode, and it was great, I especially liked the way that things were not resolved in the 1st episode of the new season.

It was also a nice touch, that whilst Kara was seen, that her and Clark did not meet up yet.

I don't want to give too much more away until people have seen the ep, but there was an interesting twist within the ep...

I enjoyed the episode, especially the bit before the opening credits, but I found it very predictable to what was going to happen, saw the ending coming a mile off.

We shall see what the rest of the season brings.

And on a seperate note, Smallville has to have the sexiest ever female cast in a TV show, I love it! :stretcher::whistling:

• Moderators

Well they pretty much gave away who lived/died in the opening credits, silly people.

I enjoyed it though - shame the Bizarro stuff didn't last long but then nothing in Smallville ever seems to have a 'huge' feel to it .. seems to always be over in an episode or less! They do set things up very well but it's always resolved fairly quickly.

Looking forward to the Kara development more than anything, as well as hopefully some Justice League stuff. That was enjoyable last season.

And yes James, the female cast is awesome :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
As of 12:01 am yesterday, our entire writing staff is on strike. That means that the pencils went down and there won't be any more scripts until our guild, the WGA, receives a fair deal from the studios and networks. The biggest sticking point is residuals on the internet and new media. Residuals are the amount a writer gets paid every time an episode or movie they wrote is rebroadcast. Right now there is no formula in place for internet downloads. So any episode of any show that you download on iTunes or other such services, or watch for free at one of the network's ad-supported websites, the writer gets nothing. I think we can all agree that is unfair.

Screenwriting isn't like other professions. There is no guarantee of employment week to week or year to year. It is a feast or famine business, and when the music stops, you may not still have a chair. As a film school teacher once described it -- you can't make a living, but you can make a killing. It is those times when you are working that you have to plan for the future, because it doesn't last forever. Miles and I have been writing together for 15 years now. Each year I wonder if this is when it all comes crashing down.

I know that if most people have even heard of a screen or television writer, it is usually someone high profile and rich. However, the majority of writers in our guild are middle class. They live paycheck to paycheck. Residuals are what get you through the lean times, so that you can continue doing what you love for as long as you can, and still support your family.

Please understand that no writer wanted a strike, but the issues we are fighting for will determine not only our future in the digital age, but the future of generations of writers to come. If we don't take a stand now, that future will look pretty bleak.

We were able to complete scripts for 15 episodes. Episode 15 is a cliffhanger. To the best of my knowledge, the studio plans to produce all of them. If there isn't a quick resolution, then the season ends in February. It is our wish that this strike will be resolved quickly so that we can get back to doing what we love -- writing.

From the entire writing staff, thank you for your continued support.

Up, up and away!

Al Gough & Miles Millar

15 episodes isn't too bad, but cliffhangers are evil!

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a new preview for this weeks episode 'Blue'

The CW Promo

Helen Slater to make a return.

Also just so you know we have some repeats approaching so breaks in the download window, here is the schedule for the coming weeks.

The CW is planning on airing "Kara," the second episode of Smallville's seventh season, on Thursday, November 29. Here is the schedule for the next few weeks. Keep in mind that schedules are subject to change, especially in light of the writers' strike:

11/15 "Blue" NEW EPISODE!

11/22 "Bizarro" (repeat)

11/29 "Kara" (repeat)

12/6 "Fierce" (repeat)

12/13 "Gemini" NEW

12/20 (repeat)

12/27 (repeat)

1/3 "Persona" NEW

1/10 "Siren" NEW

James

Edited by angel_darkavenger

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just watched the latest episode, and it was great. Though had worked out the twist mid episode.

Now have to wait till possibly end of January for Smallville to maybe continue :rolleyes:

It was great! even though I'd worked it out way before aswell.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

* SPOILER ALERT*

The few episodes before Kara disappeared I think weren't as good, but then it started getting better when they found her and last episode was BRILLIANT, but poor Lana, and Kara was SO stupid to go away with Brainiac without checking he'd reversed the effects on Lana!

Oh, by the way next season it won't be the same director/producer or someone like that, but it'll be, I think they said it'll be 4 of the writers or something, I'm not 100% sure who it is!