cosplay at collectormania

thelastangel

• Moderators

This was posted in the costume/cosplay section at the beginning of the month:

This is an announcement to confirm that YES Showmasters will be including cosplay events and competitions in their shows, from Collectormania Glasgow onwards. At the moment we are still in the planning stages so information is not yet available, but we will be sure to keep you updated as soon as we have more info. Looking forward to seeing your costumes!

So it looks like they're certainly working on it for future events :smile:

• 4 weeks later...

This was posted in the costume/cosplay section at the beginning of the month:

This is an announcement to confirm that YES Showmasters will be including cosplay events and competitions in their shows, from Collectormania Glasgow onwards. At the moment we are still in the planning stages so information is not yet available, but we will be sure to keep you updated as soon as we have more info. Looking forward to seeing your costumes!

So it looks like they're certainly working on it for future events :crying:

cool i hope so ,becais e i wan tto cosplay but london and that lot to to far><

i odn;tknow why they stopped it they had alot of people there what was cosplaying

• 2 weeks later...

Going to be Walking About CM12 in a Full Leather Vale Outfit from Stargate Season 9 and Getting a Few mates to be Coming with me to Dress in Full SGC Uniforms with All Patches and Zat's, So Say Hey if You See Me !!

Love When others Dress up too as You really get a good selection And Some of the Outfits are Really Good. Great to Get Some Pictures Taken.

Er, not exactly sure, I want to do Elphaba on the sat, but I think that's Potter day.

so yuo are all goingot cosplay in manchaster ,because they should have one there ,because everyone can't get to london ,it's more far ,and they will get alot more money if they do cosplay

Er, not exactly sure, I want to do Elphaba on the sat, but I think that's Potter day.

Damn. This may be the first con I've been to where my Elphie costume won't be unique. :(

Ha! Which Elphie are you doing though?

Good point. You want to see? I don't do clothing-specific to the nth degree because I figure she doesn't wear the same thing all the time--

http://unfaithful-mirror.net/images/photos...tri-polaris.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Going to be Walking About CM12 in a Full Leather Vale Outfit from Stargate Season 9 and Getting a Few mates to be Coming with me to Dress in Full SGC Uniforms with All Patches and Zat's, So Say Hey if You See Me !!

Love When others Dress up too as You really get a good selection And Some of the Outfits are Really Good. Great to Get Some Pictures Taken.

Hi I should be coming hopefully, just depends on Money as I'm on Hols for 3 weeks just before the Con. I want to meet Michael and Chris and I have the Full SG1 kit with P90 and Beretta M92f but haven't decided to meet them dressed up or not dressed up.

We're having our Halloween party on the Saturday, so I may turn up at Collectormania in the same outfit!

I won't actually be dressed as anyone from TV or film, but it'll be too much hassel trying to remove the facial tattoo I'm going to have the night before! :hathor:

Also if one of my sisters comes along she'll be dressed as the puppet from SAW!

Edited by Sian Raven

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I should be coming hopefully, just depends on Money as I'm on Hols for 3 weeks just before the Con. I want to meet Michael and Chris and I have the Full SG1 kit with P90 and Beretta M92f but haven't decided to meet them dressed up or not dressed up.

Not to put a dampner on your plans but you do realise there will be a countrywide ban on all replica weapons in effect from October don't you? Milton Keynes police already warned me in May not to carry any guns within the shopping center or in any public place, even for cosplaying at the Collectormania event. An armed police response unit can be called if some little old lady calls in not realising you're there for fun with harmless airsoft replicas! I think the USMC Aliens guys are fine as their weapons are pretty obvioulsy fake and they're walking around with a huge Xenomorph, but Stargate uniforms and P90's/ M92F's? No chance mate!

I'm going in full black SG-1 gear the same as C11 but minus the realistic weapons. Don't fancy the hassle! Just FYI :D

Not to put a dampner on your plans but you do realise there will be a countrywide ban on all replica weapons in effect from October don't you? Milton Keynes police already warned me in May not to carry any guns within the shopping center or in any public place, even for cosplaying at the Collectormania event. An armed police response unit can be called if some little old lady calls in not realising you're there for fun with harmless airsoft replicas! I think the USMC Aliens guys are fine as their weapons are pretty obvioulsy fake and they're walking around with a huge Xenomorph, but Stargate uniforms and P90's/ M92F's? No chance mate!

I'm going in full black SG-1 gear the same as C11 but minus the realistic weapons. Don't fancy the hassle! Just FYI :YAHOO:

OMG! You mean there won't be anyone looking for a life dressed as Agent Smith, thinking it perfectly acceptable to be walking around with replica automatic weapons in a public shopping centre? You do surprise me... Especially in this period where there is absolutely no threat of terror occurring in public gathering points such as airports and shopping centres, and of course everyone and their neighbours cat knows the intricacies of every comic book character better than Jonathan Ross of a fanboys day out.

I do hope you decide to congregate on Saturday cause that always so quiet on a Saturday and you won't attract any attention to yourselves at all..

My fiance will hopefully be going in his Hammond costume, and I'm going in my Janice Fraser costume all I need to find is the bonk bonit, and my fiance is going to get some badges when he goes to a military fair next month...

Can't wait to see your costumes too...

;)

LLAP :P