First Crew Email for Collectormania Glasgow

PaulRJones

The email to all volunteers registered on our database has just been issued. If you have not received an email, then please let us know ASAP via crew@showmastersonline.com

Please note that there is a very prompt deadline of Saturday 14th July 2007 for replies. The reason for this quick turnaround is to allow everybody as much time as possible to make travel arrangements/ time off work etc where we are aware that for many of you, this show will involve quite a lot of travelling.

Similarly as this is a first show, we will only require a limited a number of volunteers so please do not take it personally if you are unsucessful in your application.

Many thanks

Paul J

SHOWMASTERS

• Showmasters Admin

Just to interject - the reason we have asked for people to reply swiftly is because we want to pick the crew as far in advance as possible. We know that going to Glasgow will be a longer trip for many of our crew, and I want to avoid either someone paying out for travel and other costs only to find themselves not crewing (its a different matter if you plan to attend whether or not you get picked to crew) or getting picked, only to find we've told them so late that all the train or plane tickets are extortionate.

And remember, as with all events, it can help your odds of being picked if you don't need a hotel room - so on the "do you need a room," remember that along with "Yes" and "No," another valid answer is "I'd really prefer to, but if push comes to shove I have a friend whose couch I could kip on" (that holds true for all shows, btw).

Sensible Idea really.. We normally book our hotels well in advance, unfotunately in instances like Musicmania we weren't picked for crew and have so lost the hotel that was non refundable on the friday night.

Gonna hold off as long as possible before commiting to any bookings for Glasgow.

Are we talking like a week after the deadline we'll be notified for Glasgow ?

Edited by DisneyDude78

Just to interject - the reason we have asked for people to reply swiftly is because we want to pick the crew as far in advance as possible. We know that going to Glasgow will be a longer trip for many of our crew, and I want to avoid either someone paying out for travel and other costs only to find themselves not crewing (its a different matter if you plan to attend whether or not you get picked to crew) or getting picked, only to find we've told them so late that all the train or plane tickets are extortionate.

And remember, as with all events, it can help your odds of being picked if you don't need a hotel room - so on the "do you need a room," remember that along with "Yes" and "No," another valid answer is "I'd really prefer to, but if push comes to shove I have a friend whose couch I could kip on" (that holds true for all shows, btw).

While you're around, I've got something to ask

With you getting the emails out for CM Glasgow and trying to sort out crew for it as early as possible, are you gonna be doing the same for LFACC? With the two shows being so close together, I think if there's crew wanting to do both events, it would be better to let them know as soon as possible so they can book time off work, sort out travel and such. Personally for me, I could do with knowing long before I go to Leeds Festival because with a lot of my money going on that, I'll need to book my train tickets for LFACC really early to get them as cheap as I possibly can. That is if I'm crewing of course.

I think it's a great idea to sort out crew as early as you can and I do hope it's something you keep up with. I understand it's a lot of work to sort out but giving us those extra few weeks' notice really helps.

And like I said earlier, although I can't be at this event, I do wish you all the luck with it :D

Andy,

There may be someone who was picked to crew who may need a room for Friday night. Have you tried to offload it onto Ally (she's the only one I know who is working!).

Dawn - Also not working musicmania, but my choice!

I'll speak to her tonight If i can get hold of her.

• Showmasters Admin

Are we talking like a week after the deadline we'll be notified for Glasgow ?

Yes - we plan to let people know as fast as we can.

While you're around, I've got something to ask

With you getting the emails out for CM Glasgow and trying to sort out crew for it as early as possible, are you gonna be doing the same for LFACC?

Yes, we'll probably do so as soon as the Glasgow deadline passes.

With the two shows being so close together, I think if there's crew wanting to do both events, it would be better to let them know as soon as possible so they can book time off work, sort out travel and such. Personally for me, I could do with knowing long before I go to Leeds Festival because with a lot of my money going on that, I'll need to book my train tickets for LFACC really early to get them as cheap as I possibly can. That is if I'm crewing of course.

I think it's a great idea to sort out crew as early as you can and I do hope it's something you keep up with. I understand it's a lot of work to sort out but giving us those extra few weeks' notice really helps.

And like I said earlier, although I can't be at this event, I do wish you all the luck with it :D

Thanks, and yes, if we can we will let crew volunteers know earlier from now on.