Latest guest announcement Syd Wragg

• Showmasters Admin

Latest guest announcement Syd Wragg (updated)

Imperial officer see with Tarkin in the control room on the Death Star, and walking along the corridor in Star Wars A New Hope

Syd-W-1a.jpg

he is also the rebel soldier that drives the transport that delivers Han Luke etc to the rebel base at the end of the film

temple.jpg

this one of the last supporting SW guests for this show

Latest guest announcement Syd Wragg

Imperial officer see with Tarkin around the table on the Death Star in Star Wars A New Hope

There are a number of officers in that scene. Any chance you could show us which one he was? I want to make sure I bring the right item to get signed.

I believe it's the bald headed one in the left foreground.

B.H....That's not Syd, I've known Syd for over 30 years and he is a keep fit man with a good head of white hair... :D

Aitch,

Has he had white hair for all 30 years?

If so he's one of these two:

wraggze0.jpg

If not, he's the guy on the left:

deathstarimpsan1.jpg

The only problem is that none of them look like the picture that's been supplied of Syd Wragg. :smile:

Edited by SithLord

Syd's not in any of the pictures.... :chair:

Aitch,

Then he isn't in the Conference Room scene, because that's all of the people in the scene. ;)

So where in ANH might he be as an Imperial?

Edited by SithLord

so, are we saying that Syd Wragg is not the person in the photo in the original post by showmasters?

We're challenging this claim made by showmasters:

Imperial officer see with Tarkin around the table on the Death Star in Star Wars A New Hope

Now if we could only get showmasters to make a comment on the issue at hand, as he's replied in other threads recently.

Edited by SithLord

• Moderators

So where does that leave Syd as far as appearing as an Imperial in A New Hope?

So far I've managed to spot Syd twice in ANH. First is just before Leia is brought before Tarkin to bear witness to Alderaan's destruction. Tarkin is seen gazing at the view screen and an officer walks up to him, but is waved away. That is Syd.

The second is as Luke, Han and Chewie board the elevator to the detention level ('I can't see a thing in this helmet') Syd is one of the last imperials to walk past the screen, wearing the pale imperial uniform.

Not sure what to make of his claim to be at the table, but at least we can spot him as an Imperial...

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

from his agent web site :

Imperial Officer / Rebel Driver / Navy Trooper / Stormtrooper -

Syd Wragg

as above and Luke/Vader hand double. Mark Hamill eventually persueded Syd to sell him his Jacket!

• 2 weeks later...