Dominic Monaghan

swan

I would be absolutely gutted if Dom doesn't come to another show now that he is attending LFACC. As I really want to meet him and for me it was a choice of another show vs LFACC, It was an easy choice then but now with Dom being there and also a ton of Harry Potter actors/actresses confirmed it would definately be alot harder.

Showmaster should have insured he came to another show first to be honest. LFCC have a good supply of guests already on the other hand still have... well one. Germany has got about 5 guests and its a month before another show uk. With 4 months left its looking kinda grim.

It's always a matter of guest availability as well. Some dates simply do not suit a guest. I am sure Dominic has been considered for another show UK as well, but maybe he simply can't make it. Besides - just because a guest is doing a convention prior to another one doesn't mean they won't show up there.

Maggie Grace for example did LFACC last year and was back for Collectormania 10 in October.

And also he's just as well known for Lost now as LOTR, so he'll meet a lot more people at LFACC.

Though like QS said, you never know :smile:

And since Mark Fergusson had 2 seconds in LOTR and several seasons in Big Brother.... Orlando Bloom really being the pirate guy..., Viggo Mortensen outstanding in Hidalgo and nearly got an oscar nomination for his violence film..., Billy Boyd was soooo cute in Master and Commander ..., Lawrence Makoare was scary in James Bond..., Marton Szorkas smoked in Kingdom of Heaven..., Hugo Weawing rocked as V ... Craig is ...well really primarily a superb stage actor..., most of the extras appeared in King Kong... Sean Bean is better known for Sharpe..., Sean Astin more into writing books than telling the stories..., Elijah Wood actually making numerous non-hobbity films... etc. etc. etc.

... means we can generally rule out that the first choise, if any of them are available, would obviously be to sign them for a another show rather than a generic autograph purchase event? :P

Hey i was just saying like.

But as there is 4 months to go.... Wouldnt you be pulling the stops out to try and get rings cast to RING con.

Even Germany is doing better and its a month b4.

I think the fans should do a fan run con. That would be cool.

Ps and yes Dom is famous for lost bt as another show still only has one guest.....

... means we can generally rule out that the first choise, if any of them are available, would obviously be to sign them for a another show rather than a generic autograph purchase event? :rolleyes:

You already mentioned the most important fact: If the guests are available at the time of an event and Showmasters comes to an agreement with them, the guests will be signed for another show.

I am extremely sure that there was a reason why Dominic was announced for LFACC and not for another show.

Hey i was just saying like.

But as there is 4 months to go.... Wouldnt you be pulling the stops out to try and get rings cast to RING con.

Even Germany is doing better and its a month b4.

I think the fans should do a fan run con. That would be cool.

Ps and yes Dom is famous for lost bt as another show still only has one guest.....

Who says Showmasters isn't trying to get guests? The bigger a name is, the more negotiations are necessary to get them to a show.

It's the first time Showmasters are putting together an event like another show, so of course guest announcements and giving out details will need more time. The German folks have done 15 FedCons and 6 RingCons if I counted correctly. Of course things are running much more smoothly there.

You really can't compare the German show with the UK show.

Also it's not unusual that a guest doesn't want to commit to a show too early, and of course the bigger the name the bigger the chances are that they might get work and cancel the show altogether.

Just theoretically speaking: imagine that SM would announce Orlando would be at the show. Then suddenly Jerry Bruckheimer decides on doing POTC 4, filming to start in late October. Hence Orlando would cancel, and lots of people would be disappointed because they bought tickets to see him.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...