Star Wars Zone 30th birthday tribute

It would be nice to know what the situation is as I really need to begin making arrangements for the Friday incase I need to be on-hand to set things up. As of next week it could be too late to get involved, which would be a shame for everyone.

• Moderators

It's still mentioned on the website a few times so I'd assume it was going on - but if you're looking to specifically get involved, perhaps phoning them is the best bet? I'm not sure what you're after - details or just offering services ..

Was this 'zone' actually there today? cos if it was i must have missed it.

I didnt see it either

I was told it was the few black and white production photos that was behind a few of the Star Wars guests on the same signing side as Nana Visitor, not great I must say!!!! :unsure:

I didnt see it either

I was told it was the few black and white production photos that was behind a few of the Star Wars guests on the same signing side as Nana Visitor, not great I must say!!!! :unsure:

Those? They were down near Christopher Malcolm. Nana Vistor was sitting next to Billy Wst on her right and anohter SW guy I cant remember on her left

Edited by Fry

I didnt see it either

I was told it was the few black and white production photos that was behind a few of the Star Wars guests on the same signing side as Nana Visitor, not great I must say!!!! :chair:

Those? They were down near Christopher Malcolm. Nana Vistor was sitting next to Billy Wst on her right and anohter SW guy I cant remember on her left

It was on the FAR left hand side of Nana, from what I remember, it was just a few large A3 sized blank and white photos. Not what I was expecting from what Showmasters had said what it would be like!!!

There was no zone that I could see, just the photos behind Gary Kurtz. And we never got a response for our fan tribute ideas which is most disappointing. I fully appeciate how busy everyone is running up to this show, but I'd rather people be honest and spend 1 minute posting in this thread simply to say 'Sorry, we simply haven't had time to implement this but thanks for the ideas.' The main reason I went to LF&CC was for the Star Wars elements and needless to say it was a huge disappointment the way it was handled, before and during the show.

I don't want to come across too hasty, and people would only be too happy to help-out however they can if SM needed it.

No, simply because it was too late last week as I wouldn't have been able to do the set-up on Friday. But a crew member did leave a phone message on our behalf a few weeks ago, on top of the numerous posts in this thread and two e-mails sent (the first on 20th July). And the website directs us to post in this thread rather then contacting via telephone (I was also advised phoning isn't always the best option as they are usually expecting calls from agents).

So we did try pretty hard to get a response, but judging by the lack of a Star Wars zone at the show (and by zone I mean non-fan tributes as well, such as props from the Kurtz/Joiner collection et al), it's obvious SM didn't manage to implement it this time round, which I'm happy to accept and again, I can appreciate their work load leading up to this show, but something to go by would have been nice even if it was a simple No.

Once again it's a shame because there would have been plenty willing to contribute a great deal to have got it working and looking good (barring the terrible lighting), but something for another time perhaps?

it was all my fault,davidb.

jason gave me his own personal private number,and i failed to call him to arrange and discuss.

for this i apologise to you personally,and take full responsibilty.

but i promise to you that i will not let you down come the next empire day event,i will give you a star wars fan experinece you'll never forget.

celebration what?

Edited by jamie1138

Don't be too harsh on yourself Jamie, afterall you're the only one that manage to get a private phone number. How about the Lego guys who wanted to display, Qui-Ton Set who wanted to show his great fanfilm, the FanForce and costume groups trying to promote and help out? If we're directed into this thread to make suggestions then that's what we're meant to do, and that's what we did as well as other means.

Of cause I'm very grateful SM offered an opportunity for fan tributes and respect the fact it's completely their choice not to go ahead with it for whatever reason. It's just on a personal note, I had to put quite a bit of work into this on the hope we'd hear something and I currently still have a stack of people's artwork behind me, so just a bit of communication would have been most helpful.

My experience with these 'requests' is for the show planners to scope that what they have already prepared is what the audience expect. There is never a real intention of actually using us...

The reality is that we are the pond life feeding the pockets of the big fish.

Shame really since without us there would be no Star wars and no show... nothing. But shame on us for coming back every time with a faint glimmer of hope that our contribution might one day be acknowledged.

Until the next thread asking for ideas from the fans.... see you there!