Star Wars Zone 30th birthday tribute

• Showmasters Admin

Your chance to get involved!

If you have a something to show or something to display then contact us.

From a hand made costume to a model or artwork, why not contact us so other fans can see your work.

We can give you free space to exibit you collection or creation.

It will be your chance to be the star of the show, were fans can see what you have achieved in the Star Wars universe.

this thread had taken a lot of views,but no posts...

how about

THE STAR WARS FAN ART OF MATTHEW SKILTON AND JAMIE RICHARDS.

-an exclusive display of star wars based artwork and illustrations from two of fandoms finest artists.

your favourite heroes,villains and scenes from the films,and beyond,all available to view and discuss in one planet-shattering exhibition.

free signed prints and sketches available on request?

:dance:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

What about Lucy Lawless or Tricia Helfer and all the female leads, so far from the Indiana Jones films for the LFACC.

As for Star Wars guests - JOHN WILLIAMS would be fantastic ! Mark Hamil !! Harrison Ford ??!! Ewen, Hayden, Ian M, Frank Oz, James Earl Jones, Denis Lawson, Leslie Schofield !, John Ratzenberger, Rick Baker, Phil Tippett, Dennis Murren. Nick Gillard on how to fight like a jedi ?!

Think I'd better stop there !

www.4loms.com

Jason, how about a dedicated room to show your SW Archives / art etc. ?

more ideas to follow.

Hi,

What about Lucy Lawless or Tricia Helfer and all the female leads, so far from the Indiana Jones films for the LFACC.

As for Star Wars guests - JOHN WILLIAMS would be fantastic ! Mark Hamil !! Harrison Ford ??!! Ewen, Hayden, Ian M, Frank Oz, James Earl Jones, Denis Lawson, Leslie Schofield !, John Ratzenberger, Rick Baker, Phil Tippett, Dennis Murren. Nick Gillard on how to fight like a jedi ?!

www.4loms.com

more ideas to follow.

I think you need to read this again. The whole idea is a tribute to SW, not guest suggestions especially those with nothing to do with SW!

Hi,

www.4loms.com

more ideas to follow.

I think you need to read this again. The whole idea is a tribute to SW, not guest suggestions especially those with nothing to do with SW!

err..... think you need to read it again..., yes the top part is for LFACC, the rest is about SW and it does have suggestion ? thought that was what its all about ?? there is only one and thats me ! thanks fry and jamie1138

www.4loms.com

okay,let me explain...

what SM are asking for is a contribution from star wars fans to illustrate how thier love/obsession of star wars manifests itself.

for example...if you bought star wars lego,and built star wars spaceships out of lego,you might want to do a display of your star wars spaceships made out of lego...

or,if you were an artist who liked doing pictures of star wars characters,you might want to do a display of your drawings of star wars characters...

or...

you get it now?

At several of your previous shows (LFCC, Manchester, etc) you have had several Star Wars fan groups working together to promote Star Wars fandom via tables and also cosplayers walking around the show entertaining the crowds - these groups all know each other, and work well together, because we are fans and we are friends. It's that kind of fandom I am happy to be part of and promote, each of the three groups serve a different side of Star Wars fandom.

Fan Force UK/Europe/USA ( http://boards.theforce.net/default.asp?cat=10022 ) - the social side of SW fandom

Rebel Legion UK/Europe ( http://www.rebellegion.co.uk/ )- Rebel costumers and cosplayers

99th Imperial Garrison ( http://www.the99thimperial.com/ ) - Imperial costumers and cosplayers

At a recent event, Fan Force UK & Europe had a table, from where we chatted with fans, and an art display of fan's work, both set up by London Chapter Representative, Matt Skilton. We can help promote Star Wars fandom from the side of fans who don't have the money to buy costumes, who just want to chat about the films, the EU, etc - but Fan Force also has a lot of members who are extremely creative - fan films, art, fiction, costumes etc.

I am sure FF-UK would love to be part of the Showmasters LFCC event, I'd travel down to help promote us (and we always promote your events on our forums, and I promote your events over on the StarWars.com forums). Matt Skilton posts on these forums (he posted above in fact), he is our best contact for FF-UK (especially since LFCC is his local area and he's a great bloke), and I can give you the names of contacts for the other two groups we work well with, though I believe all three groups have had contact with you at various times in the past anyways.

At one of your last Manchester shows I was lucky to be provided by Dark Horse Comics with some giveaways, I'll look into other things I can help promote Star Wars because I want to see SW do well in the UK, from my experiences in the US.

Edited by timb

Hi there!

I have produced a couple of fan films, The Empire Strikes Backyard and The Emperor's New Clones. These are showcased all over the internet but most noteably on www.theforce.net.

I am the Executive Bully of Backyard Productions and have made a variety of fan films. At CE I saw at least 3 unofficial fan films being shown on big plasma screens; to be frank, ours blow these ones out of the water!

You can check out the trailers at these You Tube links

Trailer 1:

Trailer 2:

making of:

I think it would be great to be able to show these movies at a fan stall. They were made for the love of Star Wars, by fans for the fans, making no money at all, not even recouping the productions cost of £3500!

These films are available for free on DVD, just email me at daz@bypuk.com, better stlll, lets get em on in London!

Our website http://www.backyardproductions.co.uk

Check it out!

How about a Star Wars themed cafe area - you could server Star Wars drinks/food all day - hey you can even make money out of this...Wookie Cookies, Corellian Ale etc.

I totally second the idea of a Fan-area if at all possible - at the last LFCC there was a big spare area available and the fan areas have seemed popular at previous SM events where they have appeared.

I also think showing the fan films as mentioned above is a top idea - particular as TENCLO (The Emperors New Clones) is now in the hands of Rick McAllum himself, :poki:

It would also be very cool if you had a duel area - i.e. for people to fanny about with their lightsabers - themeing this in some way would rock even more, but not sure how realistic this is given other stuff that's happening with the LRP Vs Re-enactors thing - is that still happening? I'm sure if you had a word with the Rebel Legion, 99th or FF:UK or some of the other groups you'd be able to get people to even do some staged combat - hell get Ray Park involved, :YAHOO: This would then be a minor draw for people to come watch as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea when we will find out if our proposals have been accepted??

The fan art brigade have their paint brushes and Wacom tablet pens eagerly poised, ready to create some materpieces for LF&CC and would love to know if we should commence. Thanks :D

Yep, that's definitely all my own handy work and thanks very much for the positive comments :D

Feel free to visit my site for much, much more (address is in my sig).

I always enjoy being able to exhibit my work as I think it's a lot better to see it in the flesh, hence why I'm really keen to have a small exhibition at LF&CC to showcase my work and a few other artists. I currently have a small stack of people's artwork in my computer room gagging to be hung come what September 1st & 2nd ;)

Edited by mattman81