Automatic post edits.

gobo1979uk

Have noticed that several of my posts have been automatically edited for language. Sometimes for things which i wouldn't consider bad language at all. Is this a new thing since the forum was upgraded or was it there before? Its just that censorship is one of my pet hates and it's dissapointing how often it is seen now. Computer games banned etc. Are showmasters all daily mail readers? ;-)

• Moderators

There's been automatic censoring on the forum for ages, definitely way before the 'upgrade' etc.

It's mainly swearing (mild or otherwise), and then other shows/locations etc which are against the rules anyway.

Granted, a couple of them do seem a bit silly and change to something that makes you look like an idiot when you read it back, but oh well :D

Ah right, must have not noticed b4.

There's been automatic censoring on the forum for ages, definitely way before the 'upgrade' etc.

It's mainly swearing (mild or otherwise), and then other shows/locations etc which are against the rules anyway.

Granted, a couple of them do seem a bit silly and change to something that makes you look like an idiot when you read it back, but oh well :D

pleasure s*** baseborn cad

Yes, still working :unsure:

Best example I saw though was when someone mentioned an author on who's books they based Blade Runner and Minority Report. He is called Philip K. ("d word" that is short for Richard) and the autocensor changed it :thumbup:

I once had a problem on a myspace type website where it said Favourite animal: it wouldn't let me put beaver. So I had to say large rodent that lives in canada and eats trees.

Did anyone see the topic here earlier today it was a link to a don't read, mods please delete site but had obviously somehow been edited because it referred to a woman showing her cat!!!!

Edited by gobo1979uk

I once had a problem on a myspace type website where it said Favourite animal: it wouldn't let me put beaver. So I had to say large rodent that lives in canada and eats trees.

Did anyone see the topic here earlier today it was a link to a don't read, mods please delete site but had obviously somehow been edited because it referred to a woman showing her cat!!!!

I read a story recently that a respected merchant bank had had one of its investment reports bounced from several addresses for "inappropriate sexual references"; it turned out that the offending sentence was something like "sector performance is patchy; the signs for the future are promising, but with historical negative sentiment dogging the market..."

Not to mention the local council that started getting rejection messages from an overzealous firewall that was detecting profanity in every message they sent. Sometimes it's tough to live in Scunthorpe...