'Heroes' world Tour

lee_c00per

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some of you are confusing what these guys are asking. All you find from a google search is the fact that at least one cast member is going to be in London, as far as I'm aware. People are trying to ask where exactly they'll be within London, what they'll be doing, etc. Unless I'm searching very badly, that information is unavailable.

Edited by Psychosis

I think some of you are confusing what these guys are acting. All you find from a google search is the fact that at least one cast member is going to be in London, as far as I'm aware. People are trying to ask where exactly they'll be within London, what they'll be doing, etc. Unless I'm searching very badly, that information is unavailable.

What I was trying to get at with my last post, was that it will be there soon, give it a week or two and there might be more information on the web?

:hathor:

LLAP :borg:

Out of curiousity why can't we discuss the Heroes tour, I'm not meaning to be rude or start a fight I just wondered as its not actually another convention and alot of people who attend will be going to LFACC anyway so its not taking their trade away

It's still an event by an another organiser.

Is it? As far as I can tell, it's the studio (who aren't exactly an event organiser) saying that some of teh cast will be in London around that time. It might well be a signing at an HMV or Virgin store, in which case it's not competition for Showmasters.

• Showmasters Admin

Out of curiousity why can't we discuss the Heroes tour, I'm not meaning to be rude or start a fight I just wondered as its not actually another convention and alot of people who attend will be going to LFACC anyway so its not taking their trade away

Is it? As far as I can tell, it's the studio (who aren't exactly an event organiser) saying that some of teh cast will be in London around that time. It might well be a signing at an HMV or Virgin store, in which case it's not competition for Showmasters.

Ultimately it is competitions for SM. Someone may go to that event instead of going to LFCC and therefore losing SM money. But this is not the point.

The point is that this forum is paid for and run by Showmasters. And therefore they have the right to say what is and isn't posted on their forum.

Another organisation, be it a show organiser or a studio are putting on an event. SM are under no obligation to allow their forum (again which they pay for) to be used to advertise other events.

Edited by Too Tall

Ultimately it is competitions for SM. Someone may go to that event instead of going to LFCC and therefore losing SM money. But this is not the point.

The point is that this forum is paid for and run by Showmasters. And therefore they have the right to say what is and isn't posted on their forum.

Another organisation, be it a show organiser or a studio are putting on an event. SM are under no obligation to allow their forum (again which they pay for) to be used to advertise other events.

Surely the point of this forum is to help reassure the attendees that this world tour won't impact the remaining scheduled Heroes guests?

Which noone can because the information isn't available yet, so can anyone find the information to reassure people who can't find the information that the information is correct :unsure:

Up shot is - check the studio sites or a dedicated fan forum - they'll probably have it long before anyone here!

• Showmasters Admin

Surely the point of this forum is to help reassure the attendees that this world tour won't impact the remaining scheduled Heroes guests?

I understand what you're saying but SM still have no obligation to advertise another event to PROVE they are telling the truth that they have a guest confirmed.

Yes things change and if a guest does have to cancel SM will announce it here once it is CONFIRMED they have cancelled, as they did with Zac. Until a cancellation is announced by SM you just have to trust that the guest is still coming.

On to most peoples main worry I'm sure - Hayden is coming, this tour has not affected that. She is confirmed for LFCC and this tour was known about when she confirmed. I can only assume she either is not involved or her involvement will be done around her commitment to LFCC.

Thanks for confirming Hayden's attendence, Too Tall (she and Dom are the main reasons I want to go to LFCC). This thread had me quite worried...I wish people wouldn't post things without having all the facts because usually it just causes confusion and concern otherwise.

I understand what you're saying but SM still have no obligation to advertise another event to PROVE they are telling the truth that they have a guest confirmed.

Yes things change and if a guest does have to cancel SM will announce it here once it is CONFIRMED they have cancelled, as they did with Zac. Until a cancellation is announced by SM you just have to trust that the guest is still coming.

On to most peoples main worry I'm sure - Hayden is coming, this tour has not affected that. She is confirmed for LFCC and this tour was known about when she confirmed. I can only assume she either is not involved or her involvement will be done around her commitment to LFCC.

It's not about proof, it's more reassurance.

To be honest, I'm very surprised that Showmasters aren't trying to do some kind of deal with NBC to promote the show AT LFCC!! I mean it could be at a Virgin or HMV... but what would they sign? The DVD isn't out in the UK until much later in the year?

It's not about proof, it's more reassurance.

To be honest, I'm very surprised that Showmasters aren't trying to do some kind of deal with NBC to promote the show AT LFCC!! I mean it could be at a Virgin or HMV... but what would they sign? The DVD isn't out in the UK until much later in the year?

Yes but at HMV or Virgin they can still sign 10x8's and attract the non-geeks ...... not that LFACC is geek-heavy :o

• Showmasters Admin

Chris - I do understand where you're coming from but SM aren't going to advertise another event just to show that the other event has NOT announced the same guests as them.

Using that logic SM should allow links to all events just to reassure everyone that the guests SM has announced aren't announced anywhere else that clashes. SM are a business and yes they want to help the fans and reassure them but they're not going to do it by advertising other events to show they don't have the same guests.

If Glastonbury Festival announced the Scissor Sisters would you expect them to have links to other similar event going on that weekend so that it reassured people that the Scissor Sisters weren't booked at any of those too? No you wouldn't. Because maybe someone would go to one of those links and see a different event they'd prefer to go to and Glastonbury have lost a customer because they freely advertised that other event, not very good business practise.

I don't want this to come across as being completely mercenary because SM are not, they are far from it. But you can not expect them to advertise an event that could potentially loss them customers.

Edited by Too Tall

That's the best news of the day :o

Open Google, type in Heroes World Tour, and the initials of the US network not beginning with C or A. That should have plenty of blog pages that will all link to the official page on the network's site.

Oh and remember, Hayden does FHM 2 days before LFCC, so there could be SOMETHING worth signing even if its not a DVD... :hathor:

Missed opportunity by the powers that be on both sides imho; use LFCC like San Diego; have the guests sign at LFCC both days; put on guest talks. No massive queues in an HMV or Virgin store; everyone gets to see them.

Edited by I P Freely

It could also be HBO.

True, but then there's FX, USA and all sorts of others. I was just counting network TV, not cable.

Yes Charisma, I know it's NBC. I was just pointing out it was a weird way to say it, if the person was trying not to say the network name, which they clearly were.