'Heroes' world Tour

lee_c00per

I did email Liza Rindge-Peterson at NBC Universal as her name was on the last press release.

Just received this reply:

From:Dmytryk, Zenon (NBC Universal) <zenon.dmytryk@nbcuni.com>

Your email has been forwarded to my attention for response. The BBC

does not have a separate fan event planned during the London leg of the

Heroes World Tour. If you have any further questions regarding the

London activities, please contact the BBC2 publicity department

directly.

Thank you.

And there was me thinking that it was being organised by NBC and Nissan.

Told him I was not impressed!

I actually phoned her office a couple of times and basically they havent a clue. First time I called they transfered me to someone called Amber who was in NY and only dealt with that part of the tour. Secondly they put me through to someone called Lauren Townsend ( who I managed to get her mobile number) but she didnt have a clue either and advised me to speak to the BBC. I even told her that the BBC doesnt have a clue since they have nothing to do with it!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did email Liza Rindge-Peterson at NBC Universal as her name was on the last press release.

Just received this reply:

From:Dmytryk, Zenon (NBC Universal) <zenon.dmytryk@nbcuni.com>

Your email has been forwarded to my attention for response. The BBC

does not have a separate fan event planned during the London leg of the

Heroes World Tour. If you have any further questions regarding the

London activities, please contact the BBC2 publicity department

directly.

Thank you.

And there was me thinking that it was being organised by NBC and Nissan.

Told him I was not impressed!

I actually phoned her office a couple of times and basically they havent a clue. First time I called they transfered me to someone called Amber who was in NY and only dealt with that part of the tour. Secondly they put me through to someone called Lauren Townsend ( who I managed to get her mobile number) but she didnt have a clue either and advised me to speak to the BBC. I even told her that the BBC doesnt have a clue since they have nothing to do with it!

WHAT A SHAMBLES.

It just baffles me how unorganised this thing is. I feel sorry for the actors who have come over. I wonder wherther they are sitting in their hotel rooms twiddling their thumbs.

Any guesses how they are coming to the UK from Paris?? Flying or eurostar??

If the videos online from this, and other parts of the tour are anything to go by, no they're not sitting in hotel rooms - they're out and about seeing sites and meeting "people", just not fans.

So yeah, they're touring alright, just not as much fan participation as we'd expected.

Yeah i guess arriving at 7am may be a bit too early.

For thse who want to go to the studios, what do you think is a good time?

I'll go to the London eye buti think the chances of us all getting autos and photos are very slim.

Does no one have contacts as to which hotel they are staying at?

On saturday i'm going to LFCC for 9am and should be out by 11.30 (just getting a load of the minor star wars actors) So i'll have half of saturday to kill time and stalk the heroes if anything is planned.

I'm surprised they haven't been advertised for Richard and Judy as they tend to get people who are promoting shows and currently touring.

It's a case whether we think Milo and Adrien would come back over here for a signing in the future (not worried abiut Hayden and Jack as they're at LFCC)

I have a feeling that the fact they could have stayed on for 1 extra day and do LFCC means perhaps they have no interest in signing events?

• Moderators

I have a feeling that the fact they could have stayed on for 1 extra day and do LFCC means perhaps they have no interest in signing events?

I think you might be reading into it a bit too much :P

I think you might be reading into it a bit too much :blink:

Well as people have said on here that they keep getting told about LFACC when phoning or email the BBC and when phoning shops etc, I have a feeling like I siad before, that because of LFACC, there was no real plan to do a singing event on this leg of the tour, and therefore those who who arn't going to be at LFACC, probably wern't going to stay in the UK for the Sunday anyway ( this is before two heroes guests were announced at LFACC)

So in my oppinion unless your very lucky its either LFACC on the Sunday or no signing from anyone, again unless your one of the lucky ones who somehow manages to get there autos while there out and about in London

:blush:

LLAP :blush:

I just read this on Livejournal on ONTD

pale_septembre on August 28th, 2007 09:20 pm (local)

promotion, photoshoots, smile to crazy fans...

From what I heard, in Paris, there was a signing today, about 80 people (while more than 1000people did wait more than 10hours to see them) were allowed to ask ONE actor only for an autograph (out of the 4 actors), no pictures allowed, a website offered to the people very nice pics to get their autographs (exepensive quality paper) but the cast was not allowed to sign those and signed horrible old ones instead.

Paris was indeed very frustrating! I stood there from around 10am - 10pm and got nothing there. Well sore feet and headache if that counts.

From what I heard, in Paris, there was a signing today, about 80 people (while more than 1000people did wait more than 10hours to see them) were allowed to ask ONE actor only for an autograph (out of the 4 actors), no pictures allowed, a website offered to the people very nice pics to get their autographs (exepensive quality paper) but the cast was not allowed to sign those and signed horrible old ones instead.

Paris was indeed very frustrating! I stood there from around 10am - 10pm and got nothing there. Well sore feet and headache if that counts.

10 am :blush:

It was very very very... very late... :blush:

I was there at 6 am and the two girls who came first were there since monday 11pm... They spend the night there...

But even for the fans who manage to entry in the room, it was very frustrating...

Here's my pictures

dsc02728vv5.th.jpgdsc02736pb5.th.jpgdsc02737pc8.th.jpg

dsc02742qy5.th.jpgdsc02749sa0.th.jpgdsc02751zx2.th.jpgdsc02752jq5.th.jpg

dsc02756px2.th.jpgdsc02760vk7.th.jpg

That's really terrible that you waited for 12 hours and walked away with nothing. This whole event is turning into a big let down for the fans after being hyped for so long. If the Fnac signing was always going to be for a limited number of people, I don't see why the staff didn't give out some form of ticket to the first 100 in the queue once they saw how many people turned up and would have to walk away empty handed.

Yes, I can see that I came too late. But I had no choice, I live in Denmark. I woke up at 4am and rushed to the airport and did the best I could. Wasn't good enough.

How come they didnt tell us in advance that they would only let 100 ppl in and that the Q&A and signing was the same thing and not two seperate things with two ques? (cos that was the impression I got) Not that it would have stopped me from flying over but it wouldn't be giving me false hope. If I'd known I'd have been there days before as well.

I'm just happy I got to meet Milo later. He came out especially for me blush.gif

Nice pics by the way :)

Edited by MiloFan007

With the cancellations at LFCC (2 more announced today) then I cant see why Milo and Adrian shouldnt come on sunday along with Hayden and Jack.

We're almost certain to get Jack and Haydens autograph and photo this sunday courtesy of showmasters but the only reason we're heading to london in the next day or so is because of Adrian and Milo.

If showmasters would announce: Milo and Adrian will be at the Eclipse event next year then we wont feel half as disappointed as we are now. NBC can stuff their stupid tour.

Showmasters. Guests have cancelled. Big names too. PLEASE GET MILO AND ADRIAN TO COME TO LFCC ON SUNDAY!!!!! I SPEAK FOR EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD.

Steve

Tonight is the last night i am going to be able to post so any info as to what people are definately going to do on Friday will be helpful :D

Bennet, I'll be in London on friday for the London Eye.

I think it'll be a waste of time going to the tv studios.

Right, here we go:

1. Spoke to TWO guys at FP who catagorically told me that NOTHING has been arranged with FP in mind. One of the guys did in fact state that he had heard loads of people in the store ask about it and that they had said that the whole thing had been a total shambles!

2. HMV in general are doing nothing also. That is fact.

3. Having read all the post so far for today, I think I'm gonna give it a miss. I have two mobile numbers from people so I'm going to see how things go tomorrow and then finally decide then give them a bell. I fear I may not be going however. Nadgers.

Ok, so we still have tomorrow to go but I believe we can all say this: this 'event' has been handled with a startling lack of compentancy and consideration for us fans. A perfect opportunity wasted.

Still, got to meet William Gibson today so it's not all bad! :D

DSC00021-1.jpg

My apologies :D Actually, when I made my last post I did wonder whether or not Philip would be on, with the summer holidays and all. Never crossed my mind that Eamon would be the stand in though! (Couldn't they have got Jordan and Peter Andre again!)

I can't believe you were off work last week and didn't watch This Morning!

Listen, I went to Uni in Liverpool during This Morning's glory years! (before the sight of Richard and Judy made me want to vomit). I've walked behind the studio window so I could "appear" on TV and I've met Fred the Weatherman!

But these days, sorry, it's just a distant memory for me!

And what the heck, I'll still go look at the London Eye. Show the Irish some London sights!

With the cancellations at LFCC (2 more announced today) then I cant see why Milo and Adrian shouldnt come on sunday along with Hayden and Jack.

We're almost certain to get Jack and Haydens autograph and photo this sunday courtesy of showmasters but the only reason we're heading to london in the next day or so is because of Adrian and Milo.

If showmasters would announce: Milo and Adrian will be at the Eclipse event next year then we wont feel half as disappointed as we are now. NBC can stuff their stupid tour.

Showmasters. Guests have cancelled. Big names too. PLEASE GET MILO AND ADRIAN TO COME TO LFCC ON SUNDAY!!!!! I SPEAK FOR EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD.

Steve

I second this....pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!

Steve

I second this....pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!

I third this!! :D Do whats right, pleeeeeeaaaassssseeee!!!!!!

• Moderators

It's not really up to Showmasters to get Milo and Adrian just because NBC have been absolute rubbish lol

Even though there's no 'public' appearances announced in regards to the Sat/Sun, that doesn't mean they're not busy doing other stuff. In fact, you'd have to assume they definitely are considering we're only getting Hayden and Jack for a day.

This weekend isn't the only opportunity to meet these people. I know it's a disappointment that it's been a total mess, but we've got loads of Heroes guests at other events in the future, and a convention to look forward to as well. It's not the end of the world :smile:

Sod it, i'm going to take a gamble and go to London. You only live once. Worst that can happen is i miss them and i've lost £30 on a pointless train fair. :smile:

Milo is going to be at 'this morning' studio

Hayden is doing Radio 1 around the same time

Seems like they are all meeting afterwards at the London eye.

I'm sure i can bag at least an Auto from Milo as he'll be at 2 places where i'll be outside

Now who is definately going?