Need help remembering a film

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone can help me figure out the name of a film. I used to have it on video when I was a kid, so this would be late 80's early 90's.

I don't have a clue about its title or any of the character names, I've tried random searches but have gotten nowhere and thought that maybe someone here may know of it. I'll list the things that I remember from it...

- It's about a princess who is sent away by her father on a big cruiser type ship (I think its pink)

- The princess' ship is attacked by some kind of yellow* space fungus

- The hero of the film is a guy who has a staff weapon in two pieces that he puts together to attack the fungus

- I think he was in a small, one person ship. It may have been red and white

- There was another guy in the film, quite a big bloke, in a green armoured space suit. He liked to eat alot

- The green guy had to help the princess and hero escape from a cell*, he had small rockets in his boots where his toes were... 'toe-rockets'.

And that's all I can remember. Sorry that it's very, very vague. But if this rings a bell to anyone, please let me know, it's been bugging me for about 15 years now!

PCM

Only cartoon I can think of that had plant things is Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors which was a series rather than a film.

A Google search did turn up Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind HERE which does mention fungus and princesses!

Only cartoon I can think of that had plant things is Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors which was a series rather than a film.

A Google search did turn up Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind HERE which does mention fungus and princesses!

Thanks, Sazzra.

It's not 'Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind', I might have a look at JATWW though, but I dont think it was that either.

It's really annoying as I only have images in my head, but nothing clear enough for a google search. I'm pretty sure it was a movie, or at least tv-movie on VHS.

Hopefully someone else around here may read this topic and know what it is. I'll keep searching.

Thanks again for your help

PCM