Torchwood

tinababy

Any news on when the next series is on ??

Also heard that 'Dirty Den's wife' sorry can't remember the character name is going to head up the team next series .... is this confirmed, and surely she is a cyberman / woman now ? :D

It also got pushed back slightly because of John Barrowman appearing in the final 3 episodes of Dr Who. I think it may be a good thing though as it will build up a bit more anticipation of Jack's return.

• 2 weeks later...

It also got pushed back slightly because of John Barrowman appearing in the final 3 episodes of Dr Who. I think it may be a good thing though as it will build up a bit more anticipation of Jack's return.

Due to start late Autumn 2007..not 2008 as it will pick up where Captain Jack left the Doctor.

The BBC announced that it won't be back until after christmas because of the late start to filming, it was said after End of Days was aired, it will start when Heroes finishes its run on the BBC

The BBC announced that it won't be back until after christmas because of the late start to filming, it was said after End of Days was aired, it will start when Heroes finishes its run on the BBC

I saw an article on BBC Network last night confirming that the scheduled start was late 2007. As it will not clash with Heroes due to being on BBC3, they are apparently trying to have one lead into the other. The dates keep changing and it will be a case of waiting and seeing. With Martha coming back mid series, and the three episodes rumoured to be extended, filming schedules are changing on a daily basis. There was filming in Cardiff just two days after the Glasgow Airport incident that involved an explosion. People in Cardiff moaned about it being insensitive, but BBC and Torchwood Producers said that they had little or no choice to carry on filming so that they can meet the late 2007 screening.

So, I guess we will all have to wait and it will probably sneek up on us and go BOOOO

I saw an article on BBC Network last night confirming that the scheduled start was late 2007. As it will not clash with Heroes due to being on BBC3, they are apparently trying to have one lead into the other. The dates keep changing and it will be a case of waiting and seeing. With Martha coming back mid series, and the three episodes rumoured to be extended, filming schedules are changing on a daily basis. There was filming in Cardiff just two days after the Glasgow Airport incident that involved an explosion. People in Cardiff moaned about it being insensitive, but BBC and Torchwood Producers said that they had little or no choice to carry on filming so that they can meet the late 2007 screening.

So, I guess we will all have to wait and it will probably sneek up on us and go BOOOO

Yeah Ive heard about that, it was just bad timing, apparently they put out loads of warnings to everyone that their would be controlled explosions. Only problem there is not everyone would have heard it.

With regards to broadcasting, Torchwood has moved to BBC2 this year, I was going by what RTD said about the filming process etc, they wanted to allow themselves more time to edit the show and allow reshots if required. Also RTD doesnt want it going out over xmas because the schedules get muddled up. But I agree though it's a case of wait and see.

Yeah Ive heard about that, it was just bad timing, apparently they put out loads of warnings to everyone that their would be controlled explosions. Only problem there is not everyone would have heard it.

With regards to broadcasting, Torchwood has moved to BBC2 this year, I was going by what RTD said about the filming process etc, they wanted to allow themselves more time to edit the show and allow reshots if required. Also RTD doesnt want it going out over xmas because the schedules get muddled up. But I agree though it's a case of wait and see.

That means I have now heard it debuting on both BBC2 and BBC3...as long as it shows I do not mind...

That means I have now heard it debuting on both BBC2 and BBC3...as long as it shows I do not mind...

Very very true. Then again we've got Sarah Jane Adventures in the autumn and apparently that has the return of a modern day Dr Who monster.

Very very true. Then again we've got Sarah Jane Adventures in the autumn and apparently that has the return of a modern day Dr Who monster.

I never took to the one off Sarah Jane Adventures. It felt too orientated to the younger element. I prefer the darker side of Torchwood and Doctor Who.

Edited by Arkham

ohhh ok!!! still confussed but then again.... IM ALWAYS CONFUSED!!!

It's definitely BBC 2 :D

It was announced when they announced there was going to be a second series, that due to the high ratings and popularity, it would be moved up to BBC 2.

It's also been stated by RTD and several other sources that it's to start early 2008

• Moderators
Digital Spy: Neighbours icon Alan Dale - famed for his role as Jim Robinson on the hit soap - will be appearing in the next season of Torchwood.

"I am thrilled to be working on Torchwood - I am a huge fan of British television drama," Dale told BBC News. Since leaving Ramsay Street, the Antipodean actor has surfaced in guest roles on various American cult series, most notably 24, The West Wing and Lost.

Dale will be joining former Buffy star James Marsters and temporarily departed Doctor Who companion Freema Agyeman on the second series of the adult drama, which is set to be screened on BBC Two in early 2008.

Alan Dale is becoming quite the TV whore in recent years .. but he's good so I don't mind :WINCE:

ohhh ok!!! still confussed but then again.... IM ALWAYS CONFUSED!!!

It's definitely BBC 2 :wub:

It was announced when they announced there was going to be a second series, that due to the high ratings and popularity, it would be moved up to BBC 2.

It's also been stated by RTD and several other sources that it's to start early 2008

Announcement/Interview this past week stated that BBC2 was no longer a lock for the first showing, and that the new series is hoped to start pre-christmas due to it being set right after series 2 of DT's stint as the Doctor, and just before the Christmas special. So, once again, the BBC keep us all guessing by changing their minds more often than their underwear.

• Showmasters Admin

I think that, what with all the changes to the shooting/airing schedule, the BBC are going to have to fit it in anywhere they can.

They might want to show it on BBC2 first, but if it was originally going to start in the Autumn and they've had to push it back to the Spring (or worse!) there might not be space in the schedule anymore!

Andrea

I think that, what with all the changes to the shooting/airing schedule, the BBC are going to have to fit it in anywhere they can.

They might want to show it on BBC2 first, but if it was originally going to start in the Autumn and they've had to push it back to the Spring (or worse!) there might not be space in the schedule anymore!

Andrea

With the money they have thrown at it, they will shoe horn it in. Too many big sci-fi names guesting to leave it too long. The BBC is a law unto itself..just look at the phone call situation He! He!

WE WANT TORCHWOOD

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that the new series is pretty much a lock for early 2008 now. On the Friday Night Project they aired a clips VT and it had the subtitle of coming to tv in early 2008. With it taking part after the end of Dr Who, and the new Dr Who Christmas Special immediately after the last series, then it fits in the timeline for Martha to return.

Looks like its going to start airing in January 2008, as they started filming in May.

Met James Marsters, again, this time at the set where they were filming last week.

He remembered me and let me take his photo at 4:06am !!!!!

Also met Gareth David-Lloyd who plays Ianto Jones. What a sweetie :uhoh:

If you want to read my full account go HERE

There are pictures of the filming but there not very clear !!

And i was asked, by James, not to post his photo's :D