Tips on how to stay cool at C12

SunSpeed

This may sound like a stupid question and I hope people don't make fun of me for asking this, but does anyone have any tips on how to stay cool in the Mk Shopping Centre when you're at Collectormania? Even though C12 will now be held at the end of October it may be as hot as it was when I went to C10 last October.

• Moderators

Thin(ish) clothing - can always take something else to wear on top if it gets colder.

Mini-fan or those things that spray water.

Drink a lot of water :D take a bottle with you, it's probably cheaper, or get some from the water machine at the toilets in John Lewis.

Rest in a shady spot when you get the chance.

Other than that, I don't think there's a whole lot you can do really, especially when it's so packed - it's just expected that things will get hot if you're surrounded by that many people!

Its normally pretty cool in there. I guess when youre surrounded by crowds and rushing around you can get hot but on the whole i find the MK to be a rather drafty place.

I mean the doors are always open and birds fly in and out, makes you feel like youre outside when your not lol

It can get hot if the sun comes out! If the sun appears it's like a greenhouse in there! Was baking at times during C11!

Yes, but C12 is the week before Halloween - a time of year when it's generally cooler and less sunny. Indeed, given sod's law, the existence of this thread practically guarantees that we're now in for the coldest end of October since about 1674 or something :unsure:

Yeah the queues on the side front of the hall with the windows above get hot. I would suggest choice of costume would be important here. Leias slave bikini or lara croft costumes for the ladies. Conan the barbarian or nice reflective C-3PO costume for the fellas ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure you have to worry about this after all have we even had a summer yet let alone in Octobe!. For anyone who was queuing at C11 in May will tell you it was freezing on the saturday waiting for photoshoots we all caught colds, the guests all wrapped up for sunday and was a little wamer but still really cold. At MK it has to be warm to feel the effects in the centre so i wouldnt worry fo October for sure!

nicky

It can get hot if the sun comes out! If the sun appears it's like a greenhouse in there! Was baking at times during C11!

Yes, but C12 is the week before Halloween - a time of year when it's generally cooler and less sunny. Indeed, given sod's law, the existence of this thread practically guarantees that we're now in for the coldest end of October since about 1674 or something :D

With 10 ft snow drifts and all motorways and railways into MK blocked!

i found it quite warm at sports mania XD i guess its just a thing that ranges from person to person, though i live in MK also and the temperature in there really does change depending one the weather eg. a bit of sun outside makes the center really warm, but a cold wind outside makes it really chilly, so dress for all weather XD

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah the queues on the side front of the hall with the windows above get hot. I would suggest choice of costume would be important here. Leias slave bikini or lara croft costumes for the ladies. Conan the barbarian or nice reflective C-3PO costume for the fellas ;-)

I thought it was close and hot on the sides of the hall when I went to C10 on the Sunday. When I went to meet Elizabeth Rohm, Burt Kwouk, Lance Guest, Megan Gallagher and Marcia Wallace in that section I found it close.

I've been meaning to reply in this thread since I read the first few replies to my first post. Thanks for the suggestions.

When I went to C11 I didn't have a problem with the temperature (despite wearing a heavy leather coat) but more had a problem with trying to find somewhere to sit and rest that wasn't in a cafe where you have to buy something to be allowed to use the seats.

I found the only places outside the cafes and restaurants where you could sit, were the low marble benches/walls around the Collectormania area in the centre of the hall and down the side parts of the hall.