8 x10s

gobo1979uk

Any chance of doing something that has been suggested before and providing info on what 8x10s will be available. I know this is quite an ask but now the events themselves run quite smoothly, if you want to keep improving, its things like this which would be great (plus I did see one other event provide info like this on their website) . I for one get annoyed when there is a guests who's autograph I would like but the 8x10s are of him/her in another show/film (example was andrew bryniarski, who had Texas Chainsaw 8x10s but not firefly 8x10s). Can see there being isssues with some of the guests like Patrick Stewart - because im not into star trek but love x-men. Just gives us a chance to buy our own pix before the event if we want.

One other thing...any glamour models this year??? Go on....please...if so, Lindsey Dawn McKenzie would be great. ta.

Any chance of doing something that has been suggested before and providing info on what 8x10s will be available. I know this is quite an ask but now the events themselves run quite smoothly, if you want to keep improving, its things like this which would be great (plus I did see one other event provide info like this on their website) . I for one get annoyed when there is a guests who's autograph I would like but the 8x10s are of him/her in another show/film (example was andrew bryniarski, who had Texas Chainsaw 8x10s but not firefly 8x10s). Can see there being isssues with some of the guests like Patrick Stewart - because im not into star trek but love x-men. Just gives us a chance to buy our own pix before the event if we want.

One other thing...any glamour models this year??? Go on....please...if so, Lindsey Dawn McKenzie would be great. ta.

No one is stopping you from getting your own images brefore the event, remember you are paying for the autograph not the picture.

Yeah but the point is I don't want to have to buy a photo for each guest if there are suitable photos already available for free at the event.

No one is stopping you from getting your own images brefore the event, remember you are paying for the autograph not the picture.

Thats a good point.

Some of the images available at Collectormania were simply screen grabs and therefore very poor quality. Other images seemed also to be scans of images which again reduced the quality and ended up as a grainy image.

So even if you cannot post the images available how about a heads up on what is there. For example, Patrick Stewart may only have officially supplied by Fox X-Men promo pictures and screen grabs from Star Trek.

This would atleast give the paying punter a chance to get there own Star Trek because they know the quality could be low.

To be honest, I think you can safely assume that, whilst SM will do their best to provide nice 8 x 10s for each guest, they're not going to be as good as those you could get elsewhere. Personally, if there's someone I am specifically coming for, I'll bring my own item to get signed.

Please don't SM. Seriously. This is one request you can safely ignore, IMHO.

I for one get annoyed when there is a guests who's autograph I would like but the 8x10s are of him/her in another show/film (example was andrew bryniarski, who had Texas Chainsaw 8x10s but not firefly 8x10s). Can see there being isssues with some of the guests like Patrick Stewart - because im not into star trek but love x-men. Just gives us a chance to buy our own pix before the event if we want.

The smaller a role is - like Andrew in Firefly or Grace Park in Stargate SG-1 - the less like it is that there's a suitable image available. Especially for guest roles on a TV series. There's normally no official promotion picture for guest stars, and sometimes it's very hard to get a decent screen grab either. I always bring my own photo in cases like this.

I'd be surprised if there are no X-Men pictures for Patrick though.

EDITED to ADD: Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the glamour models last year were guests at a stall in the dealers area.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I would imagine copyright is also an issue - you might find that SM can't get clearance for some shots. For example, if Fox want to be a bunch of tools (that would be a turnup for the books wouldn't it?) they might stop shots from X-Men being used for this purpose.

EDITED to ADD: Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the glamour models last year were guests at a stall in the dealers area.

That's how I remember it. Don't misunderstand me, I'm sure they were lovely girls, and they certainly looked the part (I nearly knocked someone over - not looking where I was going, eyeballs out on stalks). I just don't really think that's what this event is about.... just my 2c!

Edited by MikeDonovan

Well I have suggested a Glamourmania event before but showmasters don't seem to be interested ;-)

I would imagine copyright is also an issue - you might find that SM can't get clearance for some shots. For example, if Fox want to be a bunch of tools (that would be a turnup for the books wouldn't it?) they might stop shots from X-Men being used for this purpose.

That's how I remember it. Don't misunderstand me, I'm sure they were lovely girls, and they certainly looked the part (I nearly knocked someone over - not looking where I was going, eyeballs out on stalks). I just don't really think that's what this event is about.... just my 2c!

I think the problem is that it was suggested on the forum that if you go by the pics that showmasters put on their main page for the event that gives you some idea of what 8x10s will be available. But actually this isn't the case at all.

I for one get annoyed when there is a guests who's autograph I would like but the 8x10s are of him/her in another show/film (example was andrew bryniarski, who had Texas Chainsaw 8x10s but not firefly 8x10s). Can see there being isssues with some of the guests like Patrick Stewart - because im not into star trek but love x-men. Just gives us a chance to buy our own pix before the event if we want.

The smaller a role is - like Andrew in Firefly or Grace Park in Stargate SG-1 - the less like it is that there's a suitable image available. Especially for guest roles on a TV series. There's normally no official promotion picture for guest stars, and sometimes it's very hard to get a decent screen grab either. I always bring my own photo in cases like this.

I'd be surprised if there are no X-Men pictures for Patrick though.

In my opinion, very few of the photos available at CM, if any, are officially licensed, which is why you pay for the autograph. SM aren't selling the photos, they're being given away, so no copyright laws are being broken.

In my opinion, very few of the photos available at CM, if any, are officially licensed, which is why you pay for the autograph. SM aren't selling the photos, they're being given away, so no copyright laws are being broken.

If they're copyrighted, they can't be given away either. That's why they're copyrighted.

There are problems with most solutions. This has been discussed many times in the past - I believe it's been said that sometimes a guest many bring their own photo's and SM might not know what they are until the day. Also if SM list what photo's are due to be available, people might complain if they don't then have them or run out "I really wanted picture x, you said you would have it, you've ruined the whole experience for me now"

It might not be the ideal solution but as has been said many times over - if you are looking to get something specific signed, bring it with you or take your chances.

I usually get a poster and an 8x10 signed. That way if they don't have the 8x10 I want I can still get the sig on my poster. Or look at the tables before you get in the auto queue and visit the stalls if you don't see what you want.

The photos available for signing is my only gripe with these events. I guess the quality does reflect that they are FREE with an autograph.

It would be nice though if they did post photos available online prior to the event like they did with Star Wars C4 in the US. Although saying that they were OFFICIAL lisenced photos at an official event :chair:

I do agree with this request.

I dont really have any gripe with the quality of the prints SM supply, and getting back to the original point being made (which I dont think anyone can really disagree with) is making it quite clear what pics the celebs will have there.

Good 8x10s are quite hard to get hold of for certain people and characters, and for certain people, 2 in particular, they have not had pictures that I wanted, and expected them to have. Alan Ruscoe was advertised as Plo Koon from Star Wars and I obviously expected him to have pics, and he didnt, when i looked all through the stalls, no one sold any, and one of the dealers even said 'if he's signing, then he'll have some'.

The other was Deep Roy, who id wanted to meet all my life, to get a picture of him as Mr Sin from Dr Who, and he had none, instead having lots of him puppeting Yoda.

This has led me to buy lots of photos before events, which obviously costs more money, and can sometimes backfire, as the celeb sometimes ends up having the picture id bought when I could have picked it up for free!

think it depends as to what images they are offering i have bought images from star wars from a licensed company and showmasters have had better images when i get there so have used theirs as for other gendres i find these a bit hit and miss some have been very good quality and some have been pretty poor i think it depends which images are available for them to print sometimes i can't find certain images anywhere so to have a grainy image is better than none at all take your own then you always have the choice :D

The other was Deep Roy, who id wanted to meet all my life, to get a picture of him as Mr Sin from Dr Who, and he had none, instead having lots of him puppeting Yoda.

I couldn't agree with you more about Deep Roy I just could not believe it when SM didn't have any of him from Dr Who ! And its not the kinda photo you would normally be able to buy from the Dealers.

Had plenty of Blake's 7 ones bizarre that cause I believe he's more famous for Mr Sin than Blake's 7.

I'm just glad he going to another event " Fingers crossed lol "

I agree - when Alan Oppenheimer was at LFACC there were plenty of animation pictures of characters he had voiced but no pictures of his guest appearance in Star Trek, and no stalls had an 8' x 10'. Fortunately a dealer happened to have a trading card of the character, otherwise I would have been in the undesirable postion of wanting to meet a guest but not having anything to get signed.

sometimes i can't find certain images anywhere so to have a grainy image is better than none at all take your own then you always have the choice ;)

thats where I think they should do smaller prints, after all as they say all your paying for in there eyes, is the auto, so what you get signed isn't to big of an issue (though there are limits)

If the pics they have on offer are that grainy maybe if they don't blow the photos up so big then they might not come out as grainy?

I know some poeple (like one of my firends) like there pics a similar size, (i suppose becasue its better for framing and hanging on the wall), but surley a smaller less grainy image which would be of a better quality (although maybe only a little better in quality) is better then having something you know isn't that good, hanging on your walls (in my case making me wonder why I spent the money in the first place)?

Hmmmm?

:P

LLAP :D