Meal Tickets

Hiya SM

I was wondering if meal tickets would be something you were going to discuss with the Radisson. Also, according to their website, one of their restaurants do not open on the weekends, leaving all of us to pile into the one remaining restaurant.

Is this still going to stand for the con., or are you going to consider 'sweet talking' them into opening their other restaurant?

And second question, to save me opening a second thread. This may be something I have to take up with the Radisson, seeing as though that it's their hotel we're using as a venue, but I was just wondering if the event was going to be user friendly for wheelchair users; and in regards to seating, would it be possible for a wheelchair user to be put on the end of a row, so they can still sit with their friends, but yet have easy switch over too and from their wheels?

The food and drink can be quiet expensive in the Radisson, having experienced it first hand with Autographica the last couple years. £8 for a single Jack Daniels and coke put me off buying anything else lol.

But a meal ticket sounds a pretty decent idea.

Failing that, there is a 24 hour MacDonalds right next door and a lovely pub less than 5 minutes walk away that do reasonably cheap and pretty nice meals.

How much for a JD and coke?! *whistles* Wow, now that is expensive. Good to hear there's a local pub though (I don't like McDonalds so I wouldn't be eating there even if you paid me), in case SM don't go in for a Meal Ticket.

• Showmasters Admin

Hiya SM

I was wondering if meal tickets would be something you were going to discuss with the Radisson. Also, according to their website, one of their restaurants do not open on the weekends, leaving all of us to pile into the one remaining restaurant.

Is this still going to stand for the con., or are you going to consider 'sweet talking' them into opening their other restaurant?

And second question, to save me opening a second thread. This may be something I have to take up with the Radisson, seeing as though that it's their hotel we're using as a venue, but I was just wondering if the event was going to be user friendly for wheelchair users; and in regards to seating, would it be possible for a wheelchair user to be put on the end of a row, so they can still sit with their friends, but yet have easy switch over too and from their wheels?

At some past shows the Radisson has provided a special convention food option, offering things like sandwiches, jacket potatoes, etc. at more affordable prices. Its something we will discuss with them about hopefully providing for this show.

On the second question, the Radisson is wheelchair accessible, with both disabled toilets and lifts to all floors - it can be a bit labyrinthine initially, but there will be staff around (both hotel and show crew) who can help anyone with mobility issues find their way around and direct you to where the lifts are. On seating in the hall, we try and ensure equal access for anyone with special needs at all our shows, and will make sure provisions are made for wheelchair seating, etc - your suggestion seems a good one, so assuming it is feasible to do so, we may well do that. Obviously it will be easier for us to be prepared if anyone who does have special requirements lets us know in advance of the show.

Stuart

Stuart, thanks for answering, but have you actually ever attended a another show? It doesn't seem that you know what the question about mealtickets are about. I'm sure Dirk can tell you more about the admirable arrangement he's made with his hotels. It really works for us as congoers; That you can attend to the schedule of the many Tolkien events ongoing during such a day/night, and not have to worry about meals.

(edited because I... duh! mispelled another show! *lol* )

Edited by Kumo

• Showmasters Admin

Stuart, thanks for answering, but have you actually ever attended a another show? It doesn't seem that you know what the question about mealtickets are about. I'm sure Dirk can tell you more about the admirable arrangement he's made with his hotels. It really works for us as congoers; That you can attend to the schedule of the many Tolkien events ongoing during such a day/night, and not have to worry about meals.

(edited because I... duh! mispelled another show! *lol* )

No, I haven't attended one of the German Ringcons (though I believe Jason has). I'll chat to Dirk about the meal tickets and see what the arrangements he has made in the past.

On the second question, the Radisson is wheelchair accessible, with both disabled toilets and lifts to all floors - it can be a bit labyrinthine initially, but there will be staff around (both hotel and show crew) who can help anyone with mobility issues find their way around and direct you to where the lifts are. On seating in the hall, we try and ensure equal access for anyone with special needs at all our shows, and will make sure provisions are made for wheelchair seating, etc - your suggestion seems a good one, so assuming it is feasible to do so, we may well do that. Obviously it will be easier for us to be prepared if anyone who does have special requirements lets us know in advance of the show.

Stuart

Ah okay, sounds good. And labyrinth hotel? Sounds like it's right up my alley; I get lost everywhere. It's actually quite embarrassing at times. *grin* That said (to try and keep this thread on topic for just a minute), if it turns out that I have to attend the con in a wheelchair (I'm hoping my health will be nice and stay as it is, but it's 6 months yet, so you never know) I will let you know in advance. Though here's to hoping I can run around and pretend to Hobbit Dance. hehehe.