JK to do midnight book signing

Narago

just read this...........

JK Rowling is to give a moonlight book signing to mark the publication of Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows.

The author will meet Potter fans at the Natural History Museum in London on July 21.

The event will begin at midnight and last until dawn.

Fans can apply for free tickets via publisher Bloomsbury's website, www.bloomsbury.com/jkrevent, with June 11 the deadline for applicants.

Related Links

JK Rowling

Have Your Say

Talk about showbiz news on our message boards

A total of 1,700 will be chosen and all of them will get a free copy of The Deathly Hallows and have it signed by Rowling.

The first 500 randomly selected winners will also be invited to attend a midnight reading of the book by the author.

"Ten years after publication of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, the launch of this, the final book in the series, returns to where it all began: with a book, the author and her readers," Bloomsbury said.

This is the seventh and last instalment in the adventures of Rowling's schoolboy wizard. Its publication is set to spark unprecedented scenes of Potter mania.

Rowling has said two characters die in the final book - and fans will be desperate to discover if Harry is one of them.

The Potter books have sold 325 million copies worldwide, have been translated into 64 languages and spawned five blockbuster films.

ive just applied too.

she did this for the edinburgh book festival a few years ago. there was a sgning, a reading and a question and answer session. it was very cool. i was lucky enough to win tickets for that and there were only 500. so it can happen.

good luck to those that enter. it would be cool if at least one of us form here wins.

=x=

i have no children with me either. i went through the terms and conditions with a fine tooth comb because usually there is an age limit. i would apply anyway because the worst that can happen is you dont win.

good luck.

in the blurb above the form it states:

If there are no children in your party, please do still check the 3 tick boxes about consent and permission to be filmed.

From that I assumed that it's perfectly acceptaple for there to be just adults entering.

It would make no sense for them to exclude adult only groups as Harry Potter has been as popular with adults as it has with children so they'd be excluding a huge chunk of their fanbase.

• 3 weeks later...

in the blurb above the form it states:

If there are no children in your party, please do still check the 3 tick boxes about consent and permission to be filmed.

From that I assumed that it's perfectly acceptaple for there to be just adults entering.

It would make no sense for them to exclude adult only groups as Harry Potter has been as popular with adults as it has with children so they'd be excluding a huge chunk of their fanbase.

Hi Magenta_Jan. I think we was talking in another thread awhile back about the James Marsters photoshoot but I lost the thread. If you want to see my piccy it is on my myspace profile at myspace.com/spikesbird83

:)

Amanda

Edited by Spikesbird

They have already announced the winners of tickets. The confimations have to be in by the 25th, and if people decline the tickets then other people will be notified.

Sis and I got our confirmation on the 19th. I'm gonna meet JK, but I'm not one of the first 500 so im metting her in the group that goes in at 3am :D:thumbup:

They have already announced the winners of tickets. The confimations have to be in by the 25th, and if people decline the tickets then other people will be notified.

Sis and I got our confirmation on the 19th. I'm gonna meet JK, but I'm not one of the first 500 so im metting her in the group that goes in at 3am :unsure::thumbup:

well done :D

i didnt hear anything, would have loved to have gone

Sis and I got our confirmation on the 19th. I'm gonna meet JK, but I'm not one of the first 500 so im metting her in the group that goes in at 3am :D:unsure:

Aww you lucky monkeys, congratulations :thumbup:

Hope you have a fantastic time!!!

• 2 weeks later...