Things I can't say.

This story is based on characters and situations owned by JK Rowling and publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury. No copyright infringement is intended or to be infered.

This is a letter to Hermione from Ron, post HBP

Hermione,

I am writing to you to tell you all the things I’ve never been able to say out loud. I’ve wanted to tell you for such a long time, but I couldn’t. How could I? You’d just laugh.

School’s over now. I don’t know what’s going to happen next year, I don’t know where we’re going to go or what to do. Something dangerous no doubt. I want you to know I’ll be there, protecting you. I’ll be right by your side.

Y ou are so brave and beautiful. The cleverest witch ever, you know that, plenty of people have told you! Oh, I didn’t mean that how it sounded. I’m so bad at this…

Being so clever you probably know what I’m trying to say. You do don’t you?

I like you Hermione. No, scrap that, I love you. And I always have. It’s been hard to show it, it’s just easier to be the funny guy you know?! I never get attention, I’ve never been in an attention position. Growing up with all those brothers. Especially Fred and George who everyone knows because they’re so funny. And then at school I was always just Harry’s ginger friend.

I know I should have asked you to the Yule Ball back in Fourth year and no not as a last resort. But I couldn’t. I just couldn’t do it. It killed me to see you with Krum. Even if he is a fantastic Quidditch player, I mean did you read the review of the European cup in the Prophet? That was a great game, probably the best in the season…Oh sorry! I didn’t mean to say that, why am I still writing? Ignore that…

I’ve wanted to tell you for such a long time, this is just the weirdest and hardest thing I’ve ever done. You’re beautiful Hermione and I want you to be mine. I want to be able to walk places hand in hand with you. I want to be able to take you in my arms and hold you. I want to be the one who wipes away your tears and tells you everything will be ok. I want to be able to smother you in kisses anytime I want too.

I’m sorry I can’t just say this, but you know me! You know me better than anyone. I’m also sorry it’s taken me so long to say it. Or write it.

I Love You.

Ron.