Everyone PLEASE READ!

My name is Megan. ANd i speculated the end of felloship fest one month after the con. ^ months later it was gone.

I had my ass kicked because i tld my opinion by the fourum mods.

Unfortunatly i am expressing my opinion again (OH YES!!) on behalf of everyone who has paid good money to go to this con.

I am 17 years old and love lotrs with a passion! I cant afford much but i really wanted to go to ring con for my 18th birthday,

2 weeks ago i looked at the Germany ring con site. THEY HAVE 6 Guests ALREADY! and theres is a month before this one.

They have Craig Parker (yum!) and Karl urban!

I dont wana pay out nearly £400 to go to a con that looks like it isnt going to happen.

The last update was in febuary for god sake! That was months ago! There has been no updates what so ever or any modifications to the site!

I understand this is a totally diffrent kinda con for Showmaster. BUT COME ON!!

We need info NOW!! 1 Guest isnt worth paying out between £150 - £800 even if it is Andy! and there are also people who now cant go because they have waited for news which has never come. Luckly i havent paid in hinsight that i wanted to know who else was going but what about the people who have paid??!

SHOWMASTER WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!??!??!???!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!!

My name is Megan. ANd i speculated the end of felloship fest one month after the con. ^ months later it was gone.

Unfortunatly i am expressing my opinion again (OH YES!!) on behalf of everyone who has paid good money to go to this con.

I am 17 years old and love lotrs with a passion! I cant afford much but i really wanted to go to ring con for my 18th birthday,

2 weeks ago i looked at the Germany ring con site. THEY HAVE 6 Guests ALREADY! and theres is a month before this one.

I dont wana pay out nearly £400 to go to a con that looks like it isnt going to happen.

The last update was in febuary for god sake! That was months ago! There has been no updates what so ever or any modifications to the site!

We need info NOW!! 1 Guest isnt worth paying out between £150 - £800 even if it is Andy! and there are also people who now cant go because they have waited for news which has never come. Luckly i havent paid in hinsight that i wanted to know who else was going but what about the people who have paid??!

I think it's important you calm down, this point has been raised in an earlier post in a sensible manner. Please don't antagonize the situation Fellowship Fest was a whole different organisation, and though information is slow at the moment I think it unwise to compare the companies.

I'm sure that if handled properly and the questions asked politely we will get the answers we want. Granted not this second, but hopefully light may be shed on this soon.

Phi

:poki:

I think it's important you calm down, this point has been raised in an earlier post in a sensible manner. Please don't antagonize the situation Fellowship Fest was a whole different organisation, and though information is slow at the moment I think it unwise to compare the companies.

I'm sure that if handled properly and the questions asked politely we will get the answers we want. Granted not this second, but hopefully light may be shed on this soon.

Phi

You try having the year ive had then add the fact im prob not going to be able to do the only thing i wana do for my 18th and tell me to be calm :chair:

:angry:

You try having the year ive had then add the fact im prob not going to be able to do the only thing i wana do for my 18th and tell me to be calm :angry:

I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad year, but what would you have done if another show hadn't been reinstated in the first place? It was originally going to be September I think. That would've been near my Birthday, and would've been a nice treat, but it wasn't to be and there are reasons for that.

I'm sure there will be news one way or the other soon.

Please don't rant at people on here it's not fair on them.

Thanks,

Phi

Hi guys...

Look i can understand both sides.

I have bought na silver ticket and feeling very frustrated at the moment..

Even if SM would pop by and say "sorry but we havent got an update" but at the moment with absolutely nothing people are getting wound up.

I have never known SM not to let us know whats going on...

I think i'm not the only one and i think that causing concern that theres something wrong!

I feel really bad for the people waiting on Hotel prices too, I knew i wouldnt be able to afford it so i got two nights at a local travelodge for £30... non refundable.. so if it goes belly up i wont have lost much beacuse i'm sure SM will refund in full!

I do wish SM would come and just say something... even if its just that they are working on it... cause right now I feel in limbo!

big hugs to everyone else who feels the same..

V xx

howtocalmdown_lg.jpg

We still have 6 months to go!!!!

yes, you're right, but Showmasters have £150, or whatever a silver cost, of my money and IF I am going to get it back if it doesnt happen, I'd rather I got it now than a few months down the line. It's earning interest in their account when I could be spending it on necessities. It's not a small amount of money for me.

yes, you're right, but Showmasters have £150, or whatever a silver cost, of my money and IF I am going to get it back if it doesnt happen, I'd rather I got it now than a few months down the line. It's earning interest in their account when I could be spending it on necessities. It's not a small amount of money for me.

I absolutely agree. I've sent two emails to SMs and have had no response and I think someone else (LilElfGirl) has said the same thing.

I believe honesty is the best policy and as arwenandlegolas has rightly said, another show Germany is well underway with the organisation and we have had not on iota of what has been happening with another show UK from SMs. Even poor Dirk is kept in the dark. I still maintain that handing the whole organisation of the UK one over to him would be in SMs best interests as they are so busy with other events these days.

Rosie x

Edited by RosiePosieDanderfluff

Have some faith in Showmasters, they've very likely been busy with C11 and closing off C11 behind the scenes.

Once they get moving on another show( and Collectormania Glasgow) I am sure that fans such as yourself will not be let down guests wise.

Whilst they may not reply to every thread posted asking what's going on, that does'nt mean they have'nt at least read the thread, or have been informed by the board moderators what people are asking about.

• Moderators

We still have 6 months to go!!!!

:poki: I know, I know - but spare a thought for those of us not blessed with saintlike gifts of patience and forbearance... :thumbup:

Oh don't worry, the majority of you are being as patient as you should be really i.e. frustrated, worried, but in a slightly less angry manner than some ;)

It's perfectly understandable :D

Oh don't worry, the majority of you are being as patient as you should be really i.e. frustrated, worried, but in a slightly less angry manner than some :poki:

It's perfectly understandable :poki:

I think that one of the things is that people keep reading here that SM are busy with another show at the moment. Everybody seems to say that SM will be busy in the weeks leading up to a show, and in the week or two after a show. Indeed, Andrea from SM posted elsewhere that they had been very busy in the 4 weeks leading up to CM11.

So, reading the various forums around here, people would have the impression that SM will be tied up with a show for 2-4 weeks before and 1-2 weeks after a show.

Then look at the forthcoming timetable

SportsMania 23rd and 24th June 2007

MusicMania Live! 28th and 29th July 2007

Collectormania Glasgow 25th and 26th August 2007

London Film and Comic Con '07 8-9th September 2007

Autographica 10 13th and 14th October 2007

Collectormania 12 26th-28th October

Collectormania G-Mex 3 17th and 18th November 2007

Ring Con UK 24th and 25th November 2007

Besides the potentially scary (to some) fact that another show starts less than a week after Collectormania G-Mex 3, one could be forgiven for thinking that the only time SM will have to spend on another show when other events aren't occupying them are this week and next week; other than that, they've got seven other shows in the next six months.

Granted, they may not be so occupied with every show as they have been with CM11, (I strongly suspect that that may well be the case) but people here may not know that. All they see is that SM are busy before a show and after one, and there doesn't look like much time between now and another show when they haven't got another show to occupy them.

Any sort of info, heck, any sort of acknowledgement would be most welcome.

Oh don't worry, the majority of you are being as patient as you should be really i.e. frustrated, worried, but in a slightly less angry manner than some ;)

It's perfectly understandable :smile:

I think that one of the things is that people keep reading here that SM are busy with another show at the moment. Everybody seems to say that SM will be busy in the weeks leading up to a show, and in the week or two after a show. Indeed, Andrea from SM posted elsewhere that they had been very busy in the 4 weeks leading up to CM11.

So, reading the various forums around here, people would have the impression that SM will be tied up with a show for 2-4 weeks before and 1-2 weeks after a show.

Besides the potentially scary (to some) fact that another show starts less than a week after Collectormania G-Mex 3, one could be forgiven for thinking that the only time SM will have to spend on another show when other events aren't occupying them are this week and next week; other than that, they've got seven other shows in the next six months.

Granted, they may not be so occupied with every show as they have been with CM11, (I strongly suspect that that may well be the case) but people here may not know that. All they see is that SM are busy before a show and after one, and there doesn't look like much time between now and another show when they haven't got another show to occupy them.

AMEN to that!

I also agree that my money is gaining interest in thier account... we have a normal and a silver pass... we went into debt for it because we thought we would miss out otherwise...

It has been long enough... even other shows have had some acknowledgement whether it be at other cons etc, we need something.. a little glimmer of hope please??

A xx

It's perfectly understandable :smile:

I think the term appropriate is too many eggs in one basket.

I'm hoping that as they haven't got as bigger part in Music Mania and Sports Mania as for example the Collectormanias and LFCC's (the Mania events seem to be Marks baby), that there will be time to focus on another show now.

That or hand over a good portion of the running to Dirk, seeing as he knows exactly what to do and how to do it. And another show is getting quite close so after that he could maybe dedicate some time to it. He does seem to have been able to find time to post on here even though he's got an event coming up!

Phi

Showmaster shouldnt have promiced us this if they cant pull it off! Yes i understand there busy! But 4 months of no updates isnt fair! A small bullet in going its still on dont worry doesnt take much time.

People are attracted to the cons only if theres a decent amount of guests, Billy did wonders for fellowship. I feel sorry for Andy cause if hes the only guest hes going to be working his ass off like Billy did at Fellowship (poor love :) )

People have paid alot of money to go to this event and alot of it they wont see again if it doesnt run.

Maybe they have got to finish other cons but CM11 was way after they put there first post on RC.

I just wana know whats going on like the rest of the LOTRs fans out there. We've (espech me) have had our hopes and money messed around with enough espech with Fellowship fest going under and the thoughts of there not being a replacement.

We want news. It aint too much to ask for.

Ps i dont half cause a stir up for a 17yr old lmao!

Edited by arwenandlegolas

SM have been busy with another shows .

They have a lot of shows , they decided to do all this shows they probably taught about everything :) , after all they wont just say / writ that there's a show take cash and then.. nothing.....

think about it if they were to do something like that people will take them to court and they defiantly cant afford that .

maybe thaws of you who paid can ask for your cash back until SM gives more info .. I think that'll be feer

As for me until I have more info I don't buy anything.. even at the cost of losing the Con.

Edited by NiliBerl

This doesn't worry me one bit.

Infact I'm gonna buy my tickets this weekend.

The lack of guests doesn't bother me - I just wanna hear people talk about the LOTR to be honest and meet different folk. Andy Serkis will be amazing to meet and I know they will get other folk so i'm really not concerned.

They aren't gonna run off with our money and if it gets cancelled we'll get our money back.

Cannot wait

People are attracted to the cons only if theres a decent amount of guests, Billy did wonders for fellowship. I feel sorry for Andy cause if hes the only guest hes going to be working his ass off like Billy did at Fellowship (poor love :) )

People have paid alot of money to go to this event and alot of it they wont see again if it doesnt run.

Maybe they have got to finish other cons but CM11 was way after they put there first post on RC.

I just wana know whats going on like the rest of the LOTRs fans out there. We've (espech me) have had our hopes and money messed around with enough espech with Fellowship fest going under and the thoughts of there not being a replacement.

Can I just point out that Ring Con Germany and the late (by me unlamented!) Fellowship also asked for payment up front before any guests had been announced and, in the first year at the Esperanto in Germany, actually had to change the dates? With these kind of conventions you have to make your decision and go with it, taking the risk that there may be someone you want to see. another show is so popular in Germany because people sign up for the convention, not just the guests; precisely the reason it's been going so long whereas FF lasted one and a half years (I was at the last one - I don't count it as a full one!).

The hotel is booked for the event, which kind of points to the fact that SM have had to stump up a fairly large amount of money themselves already, and having looked at booking hotels for events myself they generally don't refund. Yes, of course you're frustrated but there are two choices as I see it - pay up now and hope or wait to buy tickets/book hotels and hope. Even if SM announced 10 guests tomorrow there's no guarantee that all would appear as even the best planned cons are subject to late guest cancellations.

I feel really bad for the people waiting on Hotel prices too, I knew i wouldnt be able to afford it so i got two nights at a local travelodge for £30... non refundable.. so if it goes belly up i wont have lost much beacuse i'm sure SM will refund in full!

Hey so did I!!! We'll be neighbours :smile:

Surely they must know what they are doing up there, especially if they have the experience to back them up with the event in Germany. Besides, if it all goes pear shape, there is always possibility to get a full refund.

It will happen and if it does not then it means that they would have tried their best but that unfortunately there is not enough enthusiasts to make this con viable. So let's hope that there is thousands of us attending.

My advise: forget about FF, it's well in the past :P

Hey so did I!!! We'll be neighbours :smile:

Surely they must know what they are doing up there, especially if they have the experience to back them up with the event in Germany. Besides, if it all goes pear shape, there is always possibility to get a full refund.

It will happen and if it does not then it means that they would have tried their best but that unfortunately there is not enough enthusiasts to make this con viable. So let's hope that there is thousands of us attending.

My advise: forget about FF, it's well in the past :P

Well if it's NOT going to happen, I'd rather have my money back now than in 6 months time when it's been earning interest in their account for most of the year thank you very much. Confidence and enthusiasm in this event is very low amongst my friends, most of whom have previously been very keen, now they're thinking they wont bother at all because of the lack of information available.

As for the experience with another show in Germany, from what Dirk posted before, it doesnt seem to me like they've got much to do with it at all, they're waiting to hear from SM the same way we are.

Well if it's NOT going to happen, I'd rather have my money back now than in 6 months time when it's been earning interest in their account for most of the year thank you very much.

Umm...I see :firedevil:

Oh well never mind; I see though how the lack of info could dishearten the fans in a way. But to me it seems a long way away and speculating can only bring confusion. Mind you I am not questioning genuine sources, only trying to say that both SM and Ring Con are quite pro in their respective domains so I am sure that if we decide to put a bit of trust and support, they will put together a fabulous convention for us.

What we need is POSITIVE THINKING :YAHOO:

C'mon SM and Ring Con, give us a little bit more to hold on to before the entire project goes pear shape :YAHOO:

Edited by AwayWivzeFaeries

Cool... well i always just get a cheap hotel after all its only a base!

Did i miss something? Who mentioned the FF? I think i should have read more closely lol..

I have no doubt that if RCUK goes ahead it will be amazing i just feel a little left in the dark at the moment... i dont like that feeling and i dont think anyone does!

How long does it take to log on and post a quick comment saying "dont worry things will be moving forward soon" ??

SM dont have to make a big spiel but nobody on here will accept someone telling us to calm down unless its definaltely from SM themselves!

lets keep fingers crossed we hear soemthing soon!

Andrea xx

It is certainly not easy to organise an event of that scale, I do sympathise with your frustration as I have been there myself.

Good events coordination needs good communication and there is none then....

And you guys are perfectly entitled to feel the way you do, it can't be helped. We can only try to support each other in this situation... I hope no one took my comment as a "Calm Down" message. It was more a "Hey Let's be positive for now". Ok .... I am perhaps a bit too trusty but then I am not familiar with conventions at all...

Another thing that I noticed is that when I posted about Ring Con UK on Whitby Goth Week-End's forum, hardly anyone knew about it, and I mean there is quite a few of us Goffik peeps who are into Tolkien.

Relating to the issue to the link back to Ring Con's website from SM’s one, I was suddenly thinking: Is the event being promoted at all, is there anything we could do to help promote the event even more? Perhaps peeps are not aware of the website?

Anyway... I hope that more info start coming through soon :YAHOO:

Oh… almost forgot… I think that FF was mentioned in the very first post

I know that there is no parallel made to FF and Ring Con but I felt that there was few worries reminiscing from FF’ failure. It was just assumptions; don’t take my word on that :YAHOO:

Edited by AwayWivzeFaeries