I am flying in from the USA for this, and am wondering if there would be anyone willing to share the expenses of a motel room or some other lodging? I plan to arrive in the UK on the Wednesday before C4, and leave on the Monday following.

P.S. If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize. I only just joined today and so am not familiar with this place yet.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Let me be the first to welcome you. This is probably the best place to ask for what you are after.

There is a slight problem with what you are asking though. Many people seem to come in groups, so they would be already be sharing. Or they are younger and would not want to share a room. Dont get me wrong, you might find someone whos up for sharing a room. Just dont hold your breath though.

You can find a the hotels on the Showmasters website. Try and book in the Travel Inn as early as possible since this is the cheapest, closest (also dont believe Showmasters when they say its only a minute away) and most popular.

Anyway, you are coming along way for a show that hasnt even announced any guests yet. Is there something you know and are not telling us?

If you need any other help, then just drop a message.

Darryl

• Showmasters Admin

Hi,

Good luck with finding a room-mate. If you can't find anyone at the moment it may be worth trying again with another post nearer the date, as I don't think many people are that organised so far in advance!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Do I really need to book like now if I want a hotel to stay at? I'm kinda tight on money right now but i'd have more closer to the event - or is that hotel suicide waiting til closer to the event to find sumwhere?

Do I really need to book like now if I want a hotel to stay at? I'm kinda tight on money right now but i'd have more closer to the event - or is that hotel suicide waiting til closer to the event to find sumwhere?

You can book the hotel without a deposit and they should normally hold the room for you untill either 2pm or 4pm. Phone them up because different hotels operate differently.

I know from previous experience that the Holiday Inn will hold your room until 4pm without a deposit or credit card.

If you book at the travel inn you don't need to pay a deposit or anything. you can garuntee the room with a debit or credit card, but no money is taken until your departure, hope that helps. also the travel innis close to shopping centre and more importantly the PUBS yay

• Moderators

Thanks people, very tempting to book 2moro now! .. hmm but I might find sum1 to share with, then can I just cancel the room and get a different one? Or not? Sorry, not used to staying sumwhere else :angel:

• Moderators

Lol honestly, I have no clue who wud be mad enough to share with me lol Uni friend perhaps, but i dont think any1 wants to come .. aww I was counting on u Gollum lol :P i'll find sum1 .. i hope, wud like to come for more than 1 day!! :yoda:

If you book at the travel inn you don't need to pay a deposit or anything. you can garuntee the room with a debit or credit card, but no money is taken until your departure, hope that helps. also the travel innis close to shopping centre and more importantly the PUBS yay

Always thinking of the booze Gollum!

Anyway David, call some of the hotels in MK and enquire about a booking and tell them you do not have a credit card and see how long they will hold the booking for. As I said above, I know the Holiday Inn will hold a room until 4pm of the day you are supposed to be arriving before releasing and you dont need a credit card to book it.

EV of course i am thinking of the booze, goes without saying, i won't be having the kids for a WHOLE night, got to make the most of it.

Sorry about not sharing a room with you David, but try and get the same hotel, you can take me home then.

LOL i didn't mean for that to sound rude

EV of course i am thinking of the booze, goes without saying, i won't be having the kids for a WHOLE night, got to make the most of it.

omg, i still cant get over the fact u have kids gollum. u dont sound very mumsie thats all!

awwww so cute tho. u shud bring em along!!!

Kirsty xx

if your on about to C4, no way, too many people and too big a place, i'd be petrified of losing them.

houdinia has seen my boys and no i'm not that mumsie, but the kids and me have a laugh. i might bring pictures of them though.

As for meet next week, no way, i'll be nervous as it is without having to worry about the kids.