Is it actually going to happen? News please?

I've paid for a silver pass and I'm feeling a bit wary now. I know it's a long way off but the promised hotel detalis haven't appeared, despite being told we'd get them months ago, none of the organisers have posted anything so we dont know what is or isnt happening and I'm starting to wonder if this event is actually going to go ahead?

Please could someone in the know give us some information, otherwise I'm going to have to ask for my money back, it's a lot of money that's been paid out for nothing so far.

• Moderators

I've asked if someone can try and come post in this section sometime to reassure people or whatever, so hopefully they will if/when they've got the time.

Unfortunately the week after an event is pretty much as busy as the one before, with dealing with the aftermath. But hopefully someone will come in here eventually. Not much more I can do sorry :D

I've asked if someone can try and come post in this section sometime to reassure people or whatever, so hopefully they will if/when they've got the time.

Unfortunately the week after an event is pretty much as busy as the one before, with dealing with the aftermath. But hopefully someone will come in here eventually. Not much more I can do sorry :WINCE:

You're doing your best, though, so thanks for that! :D

Unfortunately the week after an event is pretty much as busy as the one before, with dealing with the aftermath. But hopefully someone will come in here eventually. Not much more I can do sorry :smile:

With all due respect and in the nicest way possible, they've had a lot of time before collectormania to put answers in this section and they haven't.

Unfortunately this isn't the sort of event like Collectormania or LFCC where you can pull out all the stops and announce people a week or two before the event. A lot of people need to know far in advance, like now for example.

That said, people don't want a 'don't worry we've got great guests lined up for you' type announcement as that can be quite disappointing when who is finally announced has been to lots of previous SM events (or others).

Posts shouldn't be pinned with half a lot of information 'with the rest to follow'. I think everyone would prefer to wait and then have the full lot of info! Or someone should at least have the decency to say, look we're sorry we were unable to sort out special rates so go ahead and book wherever you now can! (I'm not saying that is the case but just for example).

Phi

Edited by Phoenix

The other thing is - and David, this is not a dig at you in any way, shape, or form, as you've certainly been trying to reassure people! :wub: - that with the best will in the world, many of us who were intending to go to another show UK may well be reconsidering it, given the lack of information that's been given since the initial announcements were made. Maybe we are being unreasonable in the eyes of many, but I don't think we are - a couple of people have already said that because of the lack of info they've had to cancel plans to attend another show as they need to be able to book time off well in advance; yes, it's still 6 months to the Con, but I don't think it's surprising that people are beginning to wonder if the Con is going ahead.

I have a lot of faith in Dirk, but I do wonder if he's getting the co-operation he needs - and yes, it has only been a week since C11 but (and I don't mean this nastily) for those of us who didn't go and aren't interested in C11, that's not the point - all we're asking for is a bit of info, and not a slagging off for not allowing SM time to get over it (again, not meaning you, David! :D ) and telling us to be patient, as I think we have been - and I totally agree with Phoenix's comments in the post above.

The other thing is - and David, this is not a dig at you in any way, shape, or form, as you've certainly been trying to reassure people! :wub: - that with the best will in the world, many of us who were intending to go to another show UK may well be reconsidering it, given the lack of information that's been given since the initial announcements were made. Maybe we are being unreasonable in the eyes of many, but I don't think we are - a couple of people have already said that because of the lack of info they've had to cancel plans to attend another show as they need to be able to book time off well in advance; yes, it's still 6 months to the Con, but I don't think it's surprising that people are beginning to wonder if the Con is going ahead.

I have a lot of faith in Dirk, but I do wonder if he's getting the co-operation he needs - and yes, it has only been a week since C11 but (and I don't mean this nastily) for those of us who didn't go and aren't interested in C11, that's not the point - all we're asking for is a bit of info, and not a slagging off for not allowing SM time to get over it (again, not meaning you, David! :thumbup: ) and telling us to be patient, as I think we have been - and I totally agree with Phoenix's comments in the post above.

Thanks for that, it's difficult to put a post on without it sounding like you're blaming any one person or thing. It's so easy for these sorts of worries to decend into chaos and still have no answers!

Unfortunately the week after an event is pretty much as busy as the one before, with dealing with the aftermath. But hopefully someone will come in here eventually. Not much more I can do sorry :D

With all due respect and in the nicest way possible, they've had a lot of time before collectormania to put answers in this section and they haven't.

Unfortunately this isn't the sort of event like Collectormania or LFCC where you can pull out all the stops and announce people a week or two before the event. A lot of people need to know far in advance, like now for example.

That said, people don't want a 'don't worry we've got great guests lined up for you' type announcement as that can be quite disappointing when who is finally announced has been to lots of previous SM events (or others).

Posts shouldn't be pinned with half a lot of information 'with the rest to follow'. I think everyone would prefer to wait and then have the full lot of info! Or someone should at least have the decency to say, look we're sorry we were unable to sort out special rates so go ahead and book wherever you now can! (I'm not saying that is the case but just for example).

Phi

We don't agree with much these days I know but you hit the nail right on the head with this. Hence I'm not paying out good money for an event with only 1 announcment

Elfie

Edited by LilElfGirl

Unfortunately the week after an event is pretty much as busy as the one before, with dealing with the aftermath. But hopefully someone will come in here eventually. Not much more I can do sorry :YAHOO:

Phi

We don't agree with much these days I know but you hit the nail right on the head with this. Hence I'm not paying out good money for an event with only 1 announcment

Elfie

What i dotn get is that another show in germany has about 5 guests AND is a month before this one!! WHAT THE HELL?

• Moderators

another show in Germany is nothing to do with Showmasters, and so will be organised as it always is. It's been done many times before, so they're just getting on with it. I wouldn't compare it to this one as really this is a separate entity.

Unfortunately the week after an event is pretty much as busy as the one before, with dealing with the aftermath. But hopefully someone will come in here eventually. Not much more I can do sorry :poki:

Thank you, at least you are not abandoning us. :chair:

Elfie