Charisma Carpenter's Husband

mikehole

Was it just me, (I'm a man) but did anyone think Charisma was VERY stand-off-ish to the guys in the photoshoot. The moment she hid her hands behind her back I FELT INSULTED. My pics, and my 14 year-old Son's pictures reflect this. We just didn't smile. I know that with the girls, she got her hands out, but me and my Son are not rapists, but I got to feel like one.

I noticed that in the Grace Park (Much better looking) she put her arm around the guys waist.

We were going to get Charismas auto , but thought F**k her.

Was it just me, (I'm a man) but did anyone think Charisma was VERY stand-off-ish to the guys in the photoshoot. The moment she hid her hands behind her back I FELT INSULTED. My pics, and my 14 year-old Son's pictures reflect this. We just didn't smile. I know that with the girls, she got her hands out, but me and my Son are not rapists, but I got to feel like one.

I noticed that in the Grace Park (Much better looking) she put her arm around the guys waist.

We were going to get Charismas auto , but thought F**k her.

I noticed that when I was queueing the guy infront of me on the photoshoot was told not to put arms around her... I'm wondering if maybe someone copped a feel? She was fine putting her arms around girls, I noticed. I really think that maybe someone copped a feel or maybe she's just not comfortable being hugged by strange men? Sure, so you're no rapist... how does SHE know this?

I thought Charisma was great in the photo shoot.We had a laugh.

Before i went in though i was instructed by the steward that no arms were to be put around each other.

I do not know who's idea this was,but to be honest.....it didn't bother me at all.I didn't really think about it.

I have had a photo shoot with Charisma in the past some 4 years ago and things were the same then,the photos were done being sat beside her.I believe at the time there was a problem with someone being a pest at a previous event some weeks earlier who then may have followed her to the other event.

I was not particularlry bothered about no arm round her and can understand she may be uncomfortable about it.

Was at an event where Eliza Dushku did a photo session and later saw a photo posted of a man who during the photoshoot put his hand on her backside.

When I was in the queue(saturday) they also told all the men not to lay their arms around here. She did put her arms around my shoulder.

It didn't bother me at all, the guests have to be comfortable doing what they are doing so no problems here! I got a great picture!

Yeah yrs back something happened with a guy and shes been uncometable since, i mean i would be waery having 200 or whatever ppl i dont know try and hug me etc, she put her arm around me and i did her and she was super polite and sweet, i saw she was putting her hands behing her back for the guys tho, which who cares the photos are cropped to face level so u can see where her hand is... or urs.

But can i point out, why is the topic called - Charisma Carpenter's Husband, His hat

????

Edited by Charisma

I noticed that in the photoshoot, she was telling guys and explaining to them nicely not to put their hands around her. For mine she leant down a bit.. (im a little shorter lol).. and she put one arm on my one shoulder and one arm on the other. I thought she was fantastic. If its how she wants the photoshoot, and thats how shes comfortable, then thats fine. She's nice enough to be there, i think thats all that matters!

When I went to get my autograph from her she barely said a thing to me and when I asked her if we were gong to see her in anything new on tv soon she just replied with 'probably' I was a bit dissapointed. I'm not some scary stalker-guy, I'm a 19 year old female student! :thumbup: So I'm thinking that maybe she IS just stand-off-ish with everyone. I've heard from other people since, that Charisma hasn't been as nice as they hoped at other conventions.

Edited by buffypurple12

What does this thead actually have to do with Charisma Carpenter's Husband's hat?????????

Sure, so you're no rapist... how does SHE know this?
Cos he's a regular guy...and she is the one with a problem. Maybe she shouldnt have been doing a photoshoot if she was that bothered by men?

Ive got nothing but compliments for Charisma, i met her at LFCC and 3 times over the weekend and she was really friendly and seemed genuinly happy to be here! I didnt notice anything regards if you could put her arm round her or not but then i am oblivious to things most of the time, lol! :thumbup: She did, however put her arm round me and i put mine round her, there didnt seem a problem and she didnt seem uneasy to me? Thats just my experience, id meet her again, no question! :D

I love how this topic says its about a hat but isnt! ha ha!

Charisma did seem to have a lot of security around her which I think shows she must be nervous around over enthusiastic fans! She put her arm round me in the photo shoot but I did notice she didnt do the same to the guys around me. At the end of the day its up to her, she has to feel comfortable with what she's doing.

I thought she was lovely! Me and my friend bumped in to her in a quiet area of the shopping mall on Saturday and she gave us a wonderful big smile and said hello.

Charisma was fantastic to us, I didn't get a photoshoot ticket but met her for an auto. It did say no posed photos but she smiled at our camera when we took a photo of her signing, and then she asked if she could have a photo taken with our 3-year-old daughter :thumbup: She was really really nice

I too am a male and was advised not to put my arm around her and fully agree with the the other people who havew posted on here. How many of us have had to stand for almost an hour and have upto 400 photographs taken with complete strangers, at a guess none, so how can you complain. Then let alone if some of them put there arms around you. People like there own space and it is right that she controls who she lets into her space. I saw her a couple of times over the weekend and she was always smiling and looked to be having a good time. I would just like to thank her for coming and being a very nice person.

I love how this topic says its about a hat but isnt! ha ha!

Charisma did seem to have a lot of security around her which I think shows she must be nervous around over enthusiastic fans! She put her arm round me in the photo shoot but I did notice she didnt do the same to the guys around me. At the end of the day its up to her, she has to feel comfortable with what she's doing.

I thought she was lovely! Me and my friend bumped in to her in a quiet area of the shopping mall on Saturday and she gave us a wonderful big smile and said hello.

I agree she should do whats she's comfortble with. overall she seemed wary, but she let me put my arm around her and she did the same to me i think. (no one told me what not to do or do) She's not all over me, but then not everyone is as comfortable with doing that (with anyone whoever they are) like iyari or amber benson :).

In fact i felt more rude for not saying thank you or even looking her in the face, it was rushed, and i was nervous and i felt really bad about not saying thank you!!

I found Charisma a little stand offish too on the Saturday but I wasn't gonna let it deter me, I asked to put my hand around her waist and although she looked a little stunned she went along with it. I go by the rule that its my photo and Im gonna look good in it no matter what. On Sunday I got her to sign it and the bloke in the hat (her husband?) made a point of telling her how nice the picture was and she even said 'wow' which made my day, she was very smiley and happy and even cracked a joke. I also filmed her signing without asking which was very rude of me but again she went along with it. I guess she was just a bit overwhelmed on the Saturday.

Yeah yrs back something happened with a guy and shes been uncometable since, i mean i would be waery having 200 or whatever ppl i dont know try and hug me etc, she put her arm around me and i did her and she was super polite and sweet, i saw she was putting her hands behing her back for the guys tho, which who cares the photos are cropped to face level so u can see where her hand is... or urs.

But can i point out, why is the topic called - Charisma Carpenter's Husband, His hat

????

OK I forgot to mention, there was a guy with her all the time, who I presumed was her husband, who NEVER took off his cap, for 3 days. No one should be that ashamed of being bald.

I found Charisma a little stand offish too on the Saturday but I wasn't gonna let it deter me, I asked to put my hand around her waist and although she looked a little stunned she went along with it. I go by the rule that its my photo and Im gonna look good in it no matter what. On Sunday I got her to sign it and the bloke in the hat (her husband?) made a point of telling her how nice the picture was and she even said 'wow' which made my day, she was very smiley and happy and even cracked a joke. I also filmed her signing without asking which was very rude of me but again she went along with it. I guess she was just a bit overwhelmed on the Saturday.

Nice to see you respect other peoples wishes then! :thumbup:

Wow, I didn't get a pic with Charisma, but I did with James Marsters, and it makes me realise just how lovely he is, because he was really friendly and touchy with everyone.

Obviously I can see Charisma's point of view, and know it will be different for women having hundreds of hugs than men, but it's really nice to see that some people, like James, who might not even enjoy it, go out of their way to be super-friendly... and with him, I don't even care if it's false!!! :thumbup:

Wow, I didn't get a pic with Charisma, but I did with James Marsters, and it makes me realise just how lovely he is, because he was really friendly and touchy with everyone.

Obviously I can see Charisma's point of view, and know it will be different for women having hundreds of hugs than men, but it's really nice to see that some people, like James, who might not even enjoy it, go out of their way to be super-friendly... and with him, I don't even care if it's false!!! :(

The thing about James was, he isn't false. I don't think you can fake it that good. He makes you feel like a friend. He said at his talk on Sunday, he liked the way none of the girls tried to grope him, because that spoils it for him, and the next group of people trying to meet him. He made me feel like I want to meet him again. Charisma just made me feel uncomfortable.

Im sorry but thats so out of order, you go by the rule that you must look good, and not caring how the guest feels,and you call yourself a fan?! charisma had a bad time once and making her do something she doesnt want to do isnt fair, I think how she did it was nice, shes had a bad experiance but still let fans get a photo with her! Just because the men couldnt put the arm around her, who cares! it was a head shot anyways.

Im sorry but thats so out of order, you go by the rule that you must look good, and not caring how the guest feels,and you call yourself a fan?! charisma had a bad time once and making her do something she doesnt want to do isnt fair, I think how she did it was nice, shes had a bad experiance but still let fans get a photo with her! Just because the men couldnt put the arm around her, who cares! it was a head shot anyways.

I was with my 14 year old Son. He felt the same way I did. In both our photo's we looked uncomfortable (do you want to see them) I'm not knocking Charisma. I think her acting is fantastic, and with the girls she was cool. But for a woman who seems more than happy to get her kit off for money, was a handshake to much to ask for? My picture is unimportant. I paid the money just to meet her, so I feel sad to say, I don't think I have. I feel cheated. But I'm still a fan. (just)