Favourite Guest?

freefall

Brandon Routh was a real pleasure to meet :wub: despite being so busy he really made an effort to chat to everyone and was very friendly and smiley and had time for everyone despite the extent of my half of the conversation being mainly of the 'Yay! Wow! Superman! Awesome!' vein lol :thumbup:

I have to agree that Ray Park (I didn't meet him this time) is a diamond as well, genuinely lovely guy :D

Laura x

Edited by Lozzy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rene Auberjonois was mine and my fiances favourite guest. Although in the end we only saw one person, my fiance (having done these types of events for a while now) said Rene was the best guest hes ever seen.

My fiance was in his ODO costume though if you saw him he did look a little scary hes not exactly as thin as Rene (know he scared at least one kid during the weekend) when he went up to see Rene to get our photo that was already signed by the guy who plays Quark (Armin) he said he had never seen anyone else do the costume with a mask(the mask had a genuine paramount stamp inside it)

We told him about the autograph we both bid on before we even knew each other, and how we met via a trek group in Essex and that my fiance cursed me something rotten (in a nice way though) for winning the ODO auto he wanted.

Rene said to my fiance that if he took the head off he would sign the inside of it for free, unfortunately to get the mask off Matt my fiance had to undo his bow tie then undo his top shirt button to slip the mask off which was really wet from sweat, inside.

But we got a photo taken with him, went to boots got it printed off, came back to see Rene 1hr later, with the mask off and in Matts hands, and not only did he sign the photo we had printed of the three off us (we paid for that) but he also signed the outside of the mask at the bottom for free(so it didn't come off and so it could be hidden by Matts collor if he ever ware it again)

He also started to put the mask on (would have loved to see him wear it) but said it was a little to tight to put on. (Basically you have to make your face wet slight so the mask will go on easier) BUT

He really really made my fiances day :D

(don't expect your reading this but if you do, thaks Rene)

:thumbup:

LLAP :wub:

Actually, I think that all guests were great.

My favourite however was Zach Galligan. I have seen a lot of actors including Johnny Depp and Will Smith, but I have never been so nervous about meeting somebody. The Gremlins movies mean so much to me and I was so excited when I heard the announcement of Zach Galligan... I doubted about letting him sign my Gremlins 2 poster, but I did it just to be able to speak with him again. I don't know if there's any actor that can beat this.

Brandon Routh - he was even nicer than I could have hoped for, he complimeted me! Its Superman and he was nice to me

A top guest I would travel to meet anytime

Although Zach Galligan deserves a big mention cause he was so lovely and I got to have a long chat with him, it meant alot to me having loved gremlins since I can remember!

James Marsters - so warm and friendly and genuinely nice. Didn't expect a lot from him given his popularity and how busy he was, but he was just lovely and so enthusiastic. :P

this is actualy a very tough choice for me so i will chicken out and devide it into male and female guests.

CHARISMA who i openly admit to being smitten with

and

WILLIAN SANDERSON who was a real class act.

Rene Auberjonois was mine and my fiances favourite guest. Although in the end we only saw one person, my fiance (having done these types of events for a while now) said Rene was the best guest hes ever seen.

My fiance was in his ODO costume though if you saw him he did look a little scary hes not exactly as thin as Rene (know he scared at least one kid during the weekend) when he went up to see Rene to get our photo that was already signed by the guy who plays Quark (Armin) he said he had never seen anyone else do the costume with a mask(the mask had a genuine paramount stamp inside it)

We told him about the autograph we both bid on before we even knew each other, and how we met via a trek group in Essex and that my fiance cursed me something rotten (in a nice way though) for winning the ODO auto he wanted.

Rene said to my fiance that if he took the head off he would sign the inside of it for free, unfortunately to get the mask off Matt my fiance had to undo his bow tie then undo his top shirt button to slip the mask off which was really wet from sweat, inside.

But we got a photo taken with him, went to boots got it printed off, came back to see Rene 1hr later, with the mask off and in Matts hands, and not only did he sign the photo we had printed of the three off us (we paid for that) but he also signed the outside of the mask at the bottom for free(so it didn't come off and so it could be hidden by Matts collor if he ever ware it again)

He also started to put the mask on (would have loved to see him wear it) but said it was a little to tight to put on. (Basically you have to make your face wet slight so the mask will go on easier) BUT

He really really made my fiances day :dance:

(don't expect your reading this but if you do, thaks Rene)

:D

LLAP :dance:

I'll second that, I thought Rene was an absolute gentleman. He took a lot of time answering my GFs questions.

I would say Rene, Avery, William Sanderson and Aron Eisenberg as well.

BRANDON ROUTH :D He was completely lovely and brilliant! Worth waiting in that huge queue to get a photo op with him. Thank you showmasters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XXXXXXXXXXX P.S. He put BEST! on my autograph? Does anyone know what he could have meant? I think I was the only one in a pink superman logo T-Shirt? so it could be that? I don't know I am still in a daze!

Gotta be in this order for me and the 6 I met:

Grace Park

Anthony Montgomery

Rene Auberjonois

Avery Brooks

Sophie Aldred

Peter Davison (although it could of been he was in a mood because someone chucked themselves infront of his train!)

J

James has to be my favourite (especially after i've waited 9 years to meet him) He was really sweet and tried to talk to you as much as possible with his long queues!!! At the photoshoot he was shaking everyones hands and hugging everyone he just seemed really happy to meet everyone.

Very close second was Tony head and Charisma, charisma was a bit standoffish on sunday but i think it was because she was really busy because on the monday she had a open queue and talked to me and my friend for quite a while, posed for a pic with us and posed for one for me friend to use as a screen saver on her phone such a cool woman.

Thanks showmasters for bringing us these amazing guests!! :D

Right, that does it!!! How are you getting in here to post new threads???!!! I can only access the messages shown under "recent posts" - i get an error message if I try the C11 or Guest Suggestions links. is there a back way in or something? :D

Oh, yeah - favourite guest has to be James Marsters :D

Edited by rainbowsparkle

Its tricky this time to pick a favourite guest, they were all genuinely nice people to meet.

I'd have to say my favourite guest was Brandon Routh, i don't get overly star struck, but... I met SUPERMAN! And he did live up to my expectations, very very busy, but he still had time to speak to you.

Anthony Head was a close second, i always like him in everything he's done.

I was suprised how pleasant and down to earth James Marsters was, he's not what i expected, in a good way.

Rene Auberjonois (he had a much softer voice than he has in the parts he plays on tv), Avery Brooks, Bernard Cribbins and Anthony Montgomery (full of energy) were also very friendly.

Charisma Carpenter was possibly my least favourite, but having said that she was nice enough, just the others were better.

Edited by ajm1701

if you go to my controls (at the top) and into your profile, it has the last links youve visted and for some reason you can go straight to that section,weird huh?

Soory to post this in someones thread, but thanks for the heads up guys cause I thought it was either me doing something wrong or the computers at the library.

As you said was able to click on the last topic posted in but not the actual C11 forum hmmm strange. Im sure ity will get sorted soon enough..